onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

I personally don't think that we'll play with a back 3 next season. DC has done what he needed to do with a very reactive formation and approach. Once he gets his own players in over the summer, I can see a much more proactive setup and approach with a back 4

I think he will want to mix and match tbh,the back 3 has worked for him this season so i cant see him just ditching it,i can see him keeping Brisley(will already have Legge and Smith here) and then bringing in a young pacy CB

Advert

I'm not saying that he won't use it at times, but I can't see it being his default approach as it is now

I think he will want to mix and match tbh,the back 3 has worked for him this season so i cant see him just ditching it,i can see him keeping Brisley(will already have Legge and Smith here) and then bringing in a young pacy CB

Ironically said Darrell Clarke was a world-class manager after his first win. Walsall fans thought it was funny.

No irony in it now. This is the best run of form I've ever seen, with a squad we'd all considered one of the worst in recent history.

Up the Dazzling, Rampant Whites.

So in your world the players bear no or are absolved of all responsibility for their own performances for the majority of this season? So by the same token you will lay the good season we had last year solely at the feet of JA?

That was under the old manager your mate JA. We are where we are now because of DC

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

So in your world the players bear no or are absolved of all responsibility for their own performances for the majority of this season? So by the same token you will lay the good season we had last year solely at the feet of JA?

Sentiment at the back end of last season, under JA, was very similar to how it is now.  That there was much to look forward to for the following season.  it's difficult to understand what went so badly wrong as the same group of players had no issue playing well under JA at the back end of last season, and into early this season.

Hopefully we can sustain this improvement into the whole of next season this time.

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Bill, I apologise if I’ve jinxed it for you. Earlier in the season I’d have had us for over 1.5 goals in the game but have recently turned against that bet

Totally understand. I'll take the 2-1 win with  good grace and a smile!

Another tremendous battling display the amount of times I was clapping players for doing the ugly side ,well they did a lot of it and it was very pleasing .

Also to be 1 down to a well worked goal and respond the way we did was terrific .

Felt we passed the ball better today as well and let's face it apart from a mis hit shot second half what Browny saved they were not getting any joy in any way the only thing I expected was Vale score another .

Brilliant So well done all the players on a deserved win 

Is it just me or was that win ever in doubt?

Amazing turnaround from the team. The work rate is unbelievable and Leon Legge just never misses a header does he? Conlon is a class in midfield and I would be very surprised if we manage to keep him over the summer. He really has shown he could and should be playing in L1.

To be honest I feel more pissed off with the squad that they really let themselves down this season when they had a great opportunity this season and blew it.

I think that's what is irritating me so much, particularly the closer we get to the play offs. This squad is clearly capable of doing it and, but for the complete meltdown midseason, we would probably have done it. For reasons none of us will ever know, the players decided that they wanted a change and downed tools to facilitate that, at the cost of the play offs. Blame JAs tactics all you want, but tactics, at least to me, don't excuse any players for not making challenges, not running, making idiotic tackles (primarily Joyce and Legge), and failing to give 100% (as they're clearly now doing). We deserved more but, especially, so did Carol and Kevin. I'm finding it difficult to forgive this squad because of that

Sentiment at the back end of last season, under JA, was very similar to how it is now.  That there was much to look forward to for the following season.  it's difficult to understand what went so badly wrong as the same group of players had no issue playing well under JA at the back end of last season, and into early this season.
Hopefully we can sustain this improvement into the whole of next season this time.

At the end of the day we have a proper manager who knows how to get the best out of the players he has. One who can change formations to combat any team and enthusiasm to encourage the players to do better.

All this recent success is down to the manager and in turn Carol! 

Just now, philmpv said:

I think that's what is irritating me so much, particularly the closer we get to the play offs. This squad is clearly capable of doing it and, but for the complete meltdown midseason, we would probably have done it. For reasons none of us will ever know, the players decided that they wanted a change and downed tools to facilitate that, at the cost of the play offs. Blame JAs tactics all you want, but tactics, at least to me, don't excuse any players for not making challenges, not running, making idiotic tackles (primarily Joyce and Legge), and failing to give 100% (as they're clearly now doing). We deserved more but, especially, so did Carol and Kevin. I'm finding it difficult to forgive this squad because of that

Did JA ever try wingbacks? The key to this form has been the 3-5-2 which suits the players we have. Maybe if he hadn’t been so stubborn in playing 4-3-3, he would still be in a job. 

I’m chuffed we now have a manger who can mix up formations and playing style. Darrell Clarke’s barmy army!!

53 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

We’ve gone on a g8 run but I’m still gutted. I said all a long JA wasn’t good enough and got a load of abuse for saying so !!! Also Im not happy with how long it took the powers that be to finally realise and agree. Where would we be now if they’d acted sooner !!!!! 

Sorry, but 12 months ago JA was being hailed as a great manager. None of us could have imaged what was to happen - I for one couldn't anyway.

Archived