Jump to content

European Super League.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hope people don't think that's 'job done'.

Look what's been achieved in 48 hours with a bit of unity and gumption.

Keep pushing. Independent Regulation of club spending, tighter restrictions on who can buy clubs, more fan representation at executive level, more equitible distribution of wealth with an explicit caveat that it must be used to subsidise ticket prices, greater investment into 3G pitches + non-league grounds and facilities.

Feels like the fans have woken up to the potential of concerted action but I fear it'll be back to the status quo that led us to this immoral shambles. This should be a lesson that football needs urgent systemic reform, and the dragon has not been slayed.

This should be a watershed into the fans reclaiming some control over the game. Hope it's not squandered. Carragher and Neville need to keep using their platform.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Hope people don't think that's 'job done'.

Absolutely and I also hope people are simply thinking this is fan power.

Like it or not, I suspect the government threats and threats from UEFA, FIFA and the PL carried far more weight.

I think in a cynical political sense, if Boris and his lot want to get on the side of football fans to earn kudos/credit this way then this is the time to try and get them to drive through the regulation that we all know the game needs - increased fan representation, proper checks and balances on inappropriate owners, regulations for club spending, regulations on abusing the loan system, on big clubs hoovering up all the youth talent etc. Some of these don't have easy/simple answers yet but surely this is the time to open the debate and try and get some better regulations in place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it very funny that fans are celebrating getting our game back and we showed them that they can't mess with us. The cheapest ticket at Arsenal is £66. The game was lost in 1992.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

I do find it very funny that fans are celebrating getting our game back and we showed them that they can't mess with us. The cheapest ticket at Arsenal is £66. The game was lost in 1992.

I don't suppose they'll mind paying that as long as they are signing players like Pepe for £72million?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peaceful protest I have heard ?. Yeah right.  Trespassing for one. Should not be gathering. For a start. Yet again football at the top being talked about for the wrong reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ValeCW said:

Peaceful protest I have heard ?. Yeah right.  Trespassing for one. Should not be gathering. For a start. Yet again football at the top being talked about for the wrong reasons. 

Interesting to see what punishment Man U get if any 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ValeCW said:

Should give Liverpool the 3 points. And also dock 3 points from United. 

Unfair on other clubs competing with Liverpool for European places. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just watched the documentary on BBC1 about the Super League debacle.

Am I to understand that the PL are actually negotiating with the Greedy 6 as to what their punishment should be? I'll tell you what it should be - compulsory relegation to the Championship for all six, the top six in the Championship taking their place. Given then that only three can go up at the end of the season following means that it would take at least two years for some of them to come back up.

Will it happen? Not a chance. Money talks and the PL would stand to lose big time if six of their biggest clubs were to leave at once. Best we can hope for is a slap on the wrist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Just watched the documentary on BBC1 about the Super League debacle.

Am I to understand that the PL are actually negotiating with the Greedy 6 as to what their punishment should be? I'll tell you what it should be - compulsory relegation to the Championship for all six, the top six in the Championship taking their place. Given then that only three can go up at the end of the season following means that it would take at least two years for some of them to come back up.

Will it happen? Not a chance. Money talks and the PL would stand to lose big time if six of their biggest clubs were to leave at once. Best we can hope for is a slap on the wrist.

I saw something on Twitter that I thought was brilliant.

They wanted TV viewers, so let them have it...

TV show in which all the 6 have to walk up and spin a wheel full of serious punishments.

1. £1bn fine

2. relegation to championship

3. No transfers for 4 years

4. No European qualifications

5. wage Bill capped at lowest in league for 4 years

6. Relegation to league 1

 

Now THAT would pull in the viewers 😂😂

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Amazing. Both goals were brilliant too, particularly the audacity of a long defence splitting diagonal that cuts through Real Madrids £100k a week Galacticos like butter to put them ahead in the champions league for the first one.

Sherif are in a breakaway sort of stateless bit of Moldova playing in presumably a cabbage patch league. That Perez clown reckons Real should be super league chosen ones though! 
You’d never get proper results like this ever again if the self declared elite were allowed to build their own trainset. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...