European Super League.

It appears that a couple of the English clubs are getting cold feet having been taken aback by the response of their fans and the rest of the football world.  This tells you everything you need to know about these owners and executives - they understand bugger all about football and what the fans want.

• Like 1

Advert:

It appears that a couple of the English clubs are getting cold feet having been taken aback by the response of their fans and the rest of the football world.  This tells you everything you need to know about these owners and executives - they understand bugger all about football and what the fans want.
It is the owners who need punishing not the fans. Ownership of clubs need changing to the German model if owners abuse their position.

24 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It is the owners who need punishing not the fans. Ownership of clubs need changing to the German model if owners abuse their position.

Its definitely the owners.

Problem is the Premier League have been more than happy to allow this ownership and bask in the land of milk and honey.

Guardiola was spot on in his interview today.  He said the problem is that every single party involved in this is out for themselves. 

Advert:

I can’t really get off the bus in outrage as I haven’t been on it since Sky /Premiership came into being.  This is a natural progression of capitalism eating itself in the game. I’d like to see them go to their incestuous little league and restructure the rest more equitably and sustainably while the monopoly bleeds to death. This could be the best thing’s happened to football in a long time.

I have to say, though, I doubt they have any intention of going, they just want to bleed more out of the present system.

Edited by Valiant62
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

We need more managers and players to come out and say they oppose this power grab by the 'Greedy Six'.

Advert:

There's so much to be concerned about viz this proposed European Super League and some of the newly proposed changes to the Champions League don't sit well will me either and as I have less interest in the Premier League each passing season I really can't be bothered to post all my concerns apart from the teams involved in the proposed ESL are a bunch of self serving, greedy barstewards who care nothing about the fans or the long term future of the game.

Is people's outrage here based on the no relegation thing? Other than that I don't see what the problem is - it's just the champions league but with a guaranteed place. 

I'm not for it. I don't want prem league or champions league / Europa and I wouldn't be watching the super league. But I can't help but feel fans reactions is a bit over the top. These clubs have been killing football for years, why the outrage now? 

Advert:

Is people's outrage here based on the no relegation thing? Other than that I don't see what the problem is - it's just the champions league but with a guaranteed place. 
I'm not for it. I don't want prem league or champions league / Europa and I wouldn't be watching the super league. But I can't help but feel fans reactions is a bit over the top. These clubs have been killing football for years, why the outrage now? 
Perhaps people have realised what the American's game is ? Closed shop, grab all the world market, ignore who owns the sport. Started at ManU which became a near monopoly until other Americans jumped on the band wagon.