Advert:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why glory hunters (few on here) are killing the game. Without the millions of plastic fans then this super league wouldn't be viable. Liverpool fans from Stoke, United fans from Burslem etc ha

I don't see it that way. Like them or loathe them, Salford have not broken any rules. To say that the likes of Salford shouldn't be allowed to progress up the pyramid is a bit precious - if we only al

Posted Images

Looking through the papers this morning to see if anyone supports this venture, no one at all. The ESL will not happen as teams will realise that they have alienated their fans. Top clubs should be helping the likes of Rushall Olympic, Runcorn etc, not lining the pockets of agents and so called super stars

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Some of these "plastic fans" probably give more money to Vale through tickets and merchandise than most Port Vale "die-hards". Speaking for myself I know for certain that I've attended more Vale games home and away over the years than most here. It's got absolutely nothing to do with you who supports who and why, so get off your high horse. If someone supports Port Vale and Fulham for example, for whatever reason, then that's only an issue somewhat if and when they play each other.

You'll no doubt come back with the "glory hunting" argument, ignoring the fact that when I first saw Liverpool live and started to follow them, they weren't winning anything.

Ah the old i supported Liverpool before they were good argument. An old tired argument with no weight whatsoever. You are the same age as me and I remember Liverpool winning the league in 88 and 90, an FA Cup in 92 and league cup in 95. Yet "they weren't winning anything". The problem with you is you can't have an honest conversation. Bit like most glory hunters who follow a club there is always a reason but the reason is never because they were winning. You'll never know what it is like to be a true Vale fan as you base it on financial contribution (which is not as big as you are making out, more games than most on here, get real)

As soon as someone tells me they are a United/Chelsea/arsenal/Liverpool fan I automatically question the character of that person. And again those fans are the reason this super league is even viable. Can you imagine anyone in stoke who supports either stoke or Vale paying a subscription for this league? None at all, it will be the likes of you that they are selling to. At least you can go back to Liverpool not winning anything again once it starts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, WV said:

Ah the old i supported Liverpool before they were good argument. An old tired argument with no weight whatsoever. You are the same age as me and I remember Liverpool winning the league in 88 and 90, an FA Cup in 92 and league cup in 95. Yet "they weren't winning anything". The problem with you is you can't have an honest conversation. Bit like most glory hunters who follow a club there is always a reason but the reason is never because they were winning. You'll never know what it is like to be a true Vale fan as you base it on financial contribution (which is not as big as you are making out, more games than most on here, get real)

As soon as someone tells me they are a United/Chelsea/arsenal/Liverpool fan I automatically question the character of that person. And again those fans are the reason this super league is even viable. Can you imagine anyone in stoke who supports either stoke or Vale paying a subscription for this league? None at all, it will be the likes of you that they are selling to. At least you can go back to Liverpool not winning anything again once it starts. 

I like to see Vale do well, I don't consider myself to be a "die hard" that probably has Port Vale underwear like yourself. I don't try to say anything different. If Vale lose it's dissapointing but I'm over it within 2 minutes. Whereas with you it probably ruins your weekend. God help you if Vale ever go out of the football league. Stay away from bridges and lakes, that's all I'll say.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

If Vale lose it's dissapointing but I'm over it within 2 minutes.

Which your months of diatribe between October and February clearly demonstrates
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Beech said:

I completely agree with the last bit/ I just don't get this hatred for the Premier League when it's what every football league club with any ambition is aiming to be long-term, Port Vale included. And if anyone is happy to just exist in the lower leagues than they need to give their heads a wobble.

At the end of the day football club's are a business that provide entertainment. 

There is a very narrow line between sport and entertainment.  This chimera of an idea completely corrupts the sporting element and is creating something which is just bad entertainment for overseas audiences. Looks like corporate Americas trying to take control of all entertainment,  rather than something driven by fans who actually pay to see games. The fig leaf of clubs being sports clubs and having strong local roots is being lifted to show wilting old Americans trying to revive their manhood with dreams of ever more accumulated wealth.

Edited by JRC

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JRC said:

There is a very narrow line between sport and entertainment.  This chimera of an idea completely corrupts the sporting element and is creating something which is just bad entertainment for overseas audiences. Looks like corporate Americas trying to take control of all entertainment,  rather than something driven by fans who actually pay to see games. The fig leaf of clubs being sports clubs and having strong local roots is being lifted to show wilting old Americans trying to revive their manhood with dreams of every more accumulated wealth.

Not gonna say you're wrong with what you say. But at the end of the day, it's just football to me. A sport. Entertainment - To an extent. There are more important things in life than football, far more worthy things. Earth will be around a lot longer than Port Vale or Liverpool, or any other club for that matter. People rage and cry and judge on here like it's the only thing that exists.

I can only think some people lead pretty sad lives, where Vale is absolutely everything, naming no names... I only have pity for these people.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

One very apt observation I saw on Twitter from folk musician John Spiers was that without promotion or relegation, this isn't a competition, it's an exhibition.

I see Jose has walked. Apparently due to this super league proposal. Fair play if true

Like someone has said before, I can't see it happening with so many against it and condemning it. 

Least it's stopped the corona arguments now for a while.. 

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I see Jose has walked. Apparently due to this super league proposal. Fair play if true

Like someone has said before, I can't see it happening with so many against it and condemning it. 

Least it's stopped the corona arguments now for a while.. 

Only a fake rumor. He was sacked because he was <ovf censored>.

• Like 1

I'm all for an ESL.

These so called "Big clubs " have been working towards this for years, well let them go, since the inception of the Premier League they have tried their best to bleed and undermine the football league, look how the greatest cup competition in the world, the FA Cup, has been reduced to no more than a simple domestic cup.

Let them all go BUT no return, it's laughable Spurs and Chelsea consider themselves as big clubs but if in their minds they are so be it, what have they won ? my biggest gripe is with Liverpool, who the hell do they think they are ? as Gary Neville says "You'll never walk alone " they are a joke, why aren't Leicester involved they won the title just the same a Liverpool ?

Saying all that I don't think anything will come of it, although I bet the legal teams will be rubbing their hands at the thought.

26 minutes ago, Beech said:

Not gonna say you're wrong with what you say. But at the end of the day, it's just football to me. A sport. Entertainment - To an extent. There are more important things in life than football, far more worthy things. Earth will be around a lot longer than Port Vale or Liverpool, or any other club for that matter. People rage and cry and judge on here like it's the only thing that exists.

I can only think some people lead pretty sad lives, where Vale is absolutely everything, naming no names... I only have pity for these people.

:laugh: You really don't get it, do you?

Daft wool. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

:laugh: You really don't get it, do you?

Daft wool. 

Don't get what? Am I supposed to be hurt or something because you and one or two of your online pals are insisting I'm not a Vale fan because I also follow Liverpool for reasons of my own? Unlike you I don't get butt hurt with what anyone say's on an online football forum.

You really need to get laid.

:laugh: 

I don't get butt hurt with what anyone say's on an online football forum.

Remind me about the childish outburst melting down at someones comment for which you were banned a few weeks ago?

It's like talking to a 14 year old this. WV spot on. Summat wrong with you la. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

:laugh: 

Remind me about the childish outburst melting down at someones comment for which you were banned a few weeks ago?

It's like talking to a 14 year old this. WV spot on. Summat wrong with you la. 

You meant a tongue in cheek reply to someone borderline obsessed with me, or at least my name, which I was banned for? Yeah, I know the one.