onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

1 hour ago, Beech said:

I don't know why people are letting themselves get so enraged by it. All it will ever amount to in the end is a proposal. There was always rightly going to be far too much opposition to it from clubs, players, former players and most important of all the fans for it to ever actually go ahead. The clubs involved have tarnished their names and embarrassed themselves. I don't see it any anything more than some sort of power play that will probably backfire.

The best case scenario is they are only using it as bargaining chip to make sure the current world of football is skewed even more in their favour.

The fact it's gone as far as it has... the fact they have been releasing staff whilst working through the mega deal proposal, the fact they don't give a damn about their "legacy" fans (what a disgusting phrase), the fact one of the chairman openly said "Making money is our priority and fans a secondary".... they have tarnished the game.

I would boot them out of the league anyway... wont happen, but I would. 

Advert

It's important to remember that this is driven by the owners of the clubs involved.  Booting them out of the league will have an impact on the "legacy" fans more than anyone, and they haven't asked for this.

This is the problem, it is always the fans that get penalised because of the actions of the ar$eholes running the clubs, be it Bury or Liverpool.

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The best case scenario is they are only using it as bargaining chip to make sure the current world of football is skewed even more in their favour.

The fact it's gone as far as it has... the fact they have been releasing staff whilst working through the mega deal proposal, the fact they don't give a damn about their "legacy" fans (what a disgusting phrase), the fact one of the chairman openly said "Making money is our priority and fans a secondary".... they have tarnished the game.

I would boot them out of the league anyway... wont happen, but I would. 

Football= hypocrisy no more so than at the top whom govern it, they are concerned about losing power and money& wouldn't kick clubs out as their power n main income stream would be gone .. 

Football needs a new hierarchy the FA, the old gentlemans club is past its sell by date , this may not be the right route but if it affects change this could be an opening for the fans to have a voice especially as this bridges many tribal/rivalry colours-, maybe just maybe a positive out of this negativity - but the powers need to listen and then act otherwise just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic

It appears that a couple of the English clubs are getting cold feet having been taken aback by the response of their fans and the rest of the football world.  This tells you everything you need to know about these owners and executives - they understand bugger all about football and what the fans want.

It appears that a couple of the English clubs are getting cold feet having been taken aback by the response of their fans and the rest of the football world.  This tells you everything you need to know about these owners and executives - they understand bugger all about football and what the fans want.
It is the owners who need punishing not the fans. Ownership of clubs need changing to the German model if owners abuse their position.

24 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It is the owners who need punishing not the fans. Ownership of clubs need changing to the German model if owners abuse their position.

Its definitely the owners.

Problem is the Premier League have been more than happy to allow this ownership and bask in the land of milk and honey.

Guardiola was spot on in his interview today.  He said the problem is that every single party involved in this is out for themselves. 

I can’t really get off the bus in outrage as I haven’t been on it since Sky /Premiership came into being.  This is a natural progression of capitalism eating itself in the game. I’d like to see them go to their incestuous little league and restructure the rest more equitably and sustainably while the monopoly bleeds to death. This could be the best thing’s happened to football in a long time.

I have to say, though, I doubt they have any intention of going, they just want to bleed more out of the present system.

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

We need more managers and players to come out and say they oppose this power grab by the 'Greedy Six'.

There's so much to be concerned about viz this proposed European Super League and some of the newly proposed changes to the Champions League don't sit well will me either and as I have less interest in the Premier League each passing season I really can't be bothered to post all my concerns apart from the teams involved in the proposed ESL are a bunch of self serving, greedy barstewards who care nothing about the fans or the long term future of the game.

Is people's outrage here based on the no relegation thing? Other than that I don't see what the problem is - it's just the champions league but with a guaranteed place. 

I'm not for it. I don't want prem league or champions league / Europa and I wouldn't be watching the super league. But I can't help but feel fans reactions is a bit over the top. These clubs have been killing football for years, why the outrage now? 

Archived