onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

At the end of the day, if you are born Vale you are Vale. All this that and the other about but I also support blah blah.

No. Sorry, That makes you an observer. Not a Vale fan. Fine.  It's in the blood. Not a lifestyle choice. It is no problem.  

But for me, I'll be checking in from NL for the team news tomorrow, watching the game, shouting at the laptop. Sad, yep.  But it is called being a Vale fan. It is my culture, my heritage, what I do Saturday.

Sad, yes of course. But I have zero plan to change it. I love supporting the Vale!  My club, my town. Nothing else matters. Even if I live far away.  UTV

Advert

18 hours ago, Doha said:

At the risk of Beechy making yet another thread all about him, if you support two clubs you’re a weapon. Doesn’t matter who they are. Doesn’t matter who you are. It’s that simple.

Someone who really gets it, is a real fan, would be sickened by the thought of having a second club. 

It’s that kind of plastic bandwagon chasing that has helped cause the money and tourist disease in football. 

Yeah well done with trying not make this thread about u pair 👍

I'm of the opinion to let them get on with it because I simply don't care. Lower league football won't collapse because the so called big six are gone because they didn't give a stuff about the lower leagues in the first place. And all this football should band together rubbish. Where was the outcry when Bury went bust or numerous clubs went into administration? You didn't hear Gary Neville rant about the death of a club where his father was a legend. The likes of Sky and UEFA are only kicking off because the money isn't going to them. 

10 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Can't really agree with this.  I have been a Vale fan man and boy traveling as far North as Newcastle and as far south as Southampton (and a good few places in between) to watch the team play.

I plan my trips back to the UK to try and maximise the number of games that I can attend.

I also have an affinity with Leicester, on the basis that I lived there for 10 years (I could see Filbert Street from my bedroom window).  They do not stir the same passion as the Vale but I enjoy watching their games, more than other Premier games, because I have a connection with the city. 

I also support teams in Montreal, where I have lived for the last 20 years.  

The fact that I like to watch Leicester and Montreal in no way interferes with the love that I carry in my heart for the mighty, might Vale.

And you're more than entitled to. All the helmets getting so angry and foaming at the mouth at other people supporting two clubs, when clearly they aren't just glory-hunting (which is always annoying) basically do so because it makes them feel a little more self-important in their often sad and worthless lives. We all like to see Vale do well, else we wouldn't post or waste any time here. But I really feel for those who's enjoyment in life depends entirely on Port Vale football club and the result on a Saturday. To think that these sad acts even have the nerve to try and belittle anyone that has any genuine reason to also follow another side...

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

At the end of the day, if you are born Vale you are Vale. All this that and the other about but I also support blah blah.

No. Sorry, That makes you an observer. Not a Vale fan. Fine.  It's in the blood. Not a lifestyle choice. It is no problem.  

But for me, I'll be checking in from NL for the team news tomorrow, watching the game, shouting at the laptop. Sad, yep.  But it is called being a Vale fan. It is my culture, my heritage, what I do Saturday.

Sad, yes of course. But I have zero plan to change it. I love supporting the Vale!  My club, my town. Nothing else matters. Even if I live far away.  UTV

Nobody is saying you can't feel that way. Good for you. But not everyone has to make a football club, or football, their entire life and source of happiness. But seriously, nothing else matters? Jesus.

14 minutes ago, Beech said:

And you're more than entitled to. All the helmets getting so angry and foaming at the mouth at other people supporting two clubs, when clearly they aren't just glory-hunting (which is always annoying) basically do so because it makes them feel a little more self-important in their often sad and worthless lives. We all like to see Vale do well, else we wouldn't post or waste any time here. But I really feel for those who's enjoyment in life depends entirely on Port Vale football club and the result on a Saturday. To think that these sad acts even have the nerve to try and belittle anyone that has any genuine reason to also follow another side...

Did you support your other club in the old second division.

5 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Did you support your other club in the old second division.

They weren't in the second division. Basically I attended a Liverpool game at Derby as a kid, a game that Liverpool lost, in the away end and followed them from that day. Big deal. At no point have I or do I go around trying to tell anyone that I'm some sort of Port Vale or Liverpool "die-hard". It's not like I did 'eenie, meenie, miney, mo' and landed on Liverpool though.

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

They weren't in the second division. Basically I attended a Liverpool game at Derby as a kid, a game that Liverpool lost, in the away end and followed them from that day. Big deal. At no point have I or do I go around trying to tell anyone that I'm some sort of Port Vale or Liverpool "die-hard". 

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

They weren't in the second division. Basically I attended a Liverpool game at Derby as a kid, a game that Liverpool lost, in the away end and followed them from that day. Big deal. At no point have I or do I go around trying to tell anyone that I'm some sort of Port Vale or Liverpool "die-hard". 

3 minutes ago, Beech said:

3 minutes ago, Beech said:

4 minutes ago, Beech said:

Well i remember them in div 2 when they were struggling even stoke were above them until the shankley era arrived and turned liverpool into what they are today but it never turned my head.I was born into a vale family my children are all vale and like me they will always be as long as they live.You as a person can support as many teams you want but stop knocking people who have give their lives to supporting there hometown club where ever that might be.

Just now, hamilboy said:

Well i remember them in div 2 when they were struggling even stoke were above them until the shankley era arrived and turned liverpool into what they are today but it never turned my head.I was born into a vale family my children are all vale and like me they will always be as long as they live.You as a person can support as many teams you want but stop knocking people who have give their lives to supporting there hometown club where ever that might be.

Who have I knocked for it? Where have I once said that people weren't allowed to just support a local team if they wished to do so?

It will not be allowed happen I feel so its irrelevant even discussing it and how can it be a European super league with Arsenal and Tottenham Man Utd Man City Liverpool and Chelsea in it 12 clubs majority from uk none of these clubs deserve recognition of super league clubs .

They ain't that super in the premier league and that's money obsessed .

Football is for the poor stolen by the rich how trues that ,when i was lad we put down jumpers as goal posts we played non stop till dusk we pretended be the best players but we in all our innocence  we never realisedthat those who we pretended be were paid in vast amounts and moved from club to club to obtain more .

Money is the root of all evil and those 12 owners of these clubs are nothing short of it's all about the money. 

Another nail in the footballing coffin .

They should be ashamed .

I don't know why people are letting themselves get so enraged by it. All it will ever amount to in the end is a proposal. There was always rightly going to be far too much opposition to it from clubs, players, former players and most important of all the fans for it to ever actually go ahead. The clubs involved have tarnished their names and embarrassed themselves. I don't see it any anything more than some sort of power play that will probably backfire.

Archived