onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

5 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Looking through the papers this morning to see if anyone supports this venture, no one at all. The ESL will not happen as teams will realise that they have alienated their fans. Top clubs should be helping the likes of Rushall Olympic, Runcorn etc, not lining the pockets of agents and so called super stars

Although I echo your points, no one admitted to supporting the formation of the Premier League in 1992. But it happened (and was allowed to happen)  yet years later the egotistical amongst us claim that it is the best league in the world when previously despising its conception. 

Anyone who thinks that football and football owners care about its supporters (I will exclude Carol from this comment) really needs to look at themselves in the mirror. Owners at any level have never cared about fans and never will. 

Divide and conquer, yet again, is the order of the day. And, sadly, will continue to be the case. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:
Let them go it’ll do us all a favour, but when the door is shut behind them, the key gets melted in the lock. Arsenal elite top 6,PLEASE. They’ll be the whipping boys and their fan base will suffer. I wonder what the thoughts are if Leicester and Everton. I’d also say that they do not field reserve teams in any league or cup competition. PSG not included in the original 12, surprising.
I don’t see it happening and if it does can we revert back to four divisions.

I thought PSG said no, along with Bayern and Dortmund

Phil, I’m not sure but I thought a Bayern official resigned from some Eufa committee 

Many mixed thoughts on this do i agree with it -no ,,firstly not sure how it affects the lower league perenial cyclical clubs sure the odd one has its day in the sunshine but overall history shows the big clubs have it their way the majority of the time..

Firstly where is football currently heading- the current set up has failed the likes of Bury,Macclesfield even the likes of some non league clubs whom have lost their grounds sold for housing,the little/small/medium clubs dont matter to the hierarchy and neither do the fans of all clubs.Coventry is another example sure its localised dispute but aren't we supposed to be a footballing family (same for Blackpool the oystons who at the top cared)--nah thats just something thats getting promoted by those running footy as they scramble to keep the power and their noses in the trough now their backs are against the wall. No one minded when years ago they they stopped splitting the gat emoney evenly home and away (fair enough ) , no one bothered when the prem lge was introduced creating a bigger gap with most clubs in the championship going in debt to chase the dream especially as wages spiralled, no one bothered when top clubs can nick lower league young starlets, no one at the top bothers whether grass roots or anything unless it affects them .

Look at the problems of the game today and you can't put them right because the fa,uefa,fifa all have paramount control and are answerable to no-one and make the rules to suit them yet we are in it together! -nah football lost its heart and is here because of the fans not because of the governing bodies so its nice that they are being challlenged at the top --like i say do i agree with it , not at all but the hypocrites of the fa and other bodies need to wake up and listen to the fans of all clubs they have badly let down then we might become a true footballing family.

you reap what you sow,,rant over 

ps the world is a much smaller place one day there will be a euro league then no doubt a world lge

I lost interest in high level football a long long time ago. This is just another step towards it becoming a circus. 

Makes me glad on most champions' league nights I'm watching Vale away to Scunthorpe or something. With no VAR. Real football for real fans. Not just a show for people sat around the TV in parts of the world where football has no place in the culture. 

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

I lost interest in high level football a long long time ago. This is just another step towards it becoming a circus. 

Makes me glad on most champions' league nights I'm watching Vale away to Scunthorpe or something. With no VAR. Real football for real fans. Not just a show for people sat around the TV in parts of the world where football has no place in the culture. 

Snap!!I've never contributed to Sky etc ,as I said this would ruin football.The Mickey Mouse Cup ,with the involvement of the Premier League youngsters, is the other threat to the game.Many on here still endorse it ,albeit for a bit of income to the club.The seed has been sown, now watch it grow.Vale  are very lucky to have such magnificent owners.

55 minutes ago, philmpv said:
59 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:
Let them go it’ll do us all a favour, but when the door is shut behind them, the key gets melted in the lock. Arsenal elite top 6,PLEASE. They’ll be the whipping boys and their fan base will suffer. I wonder what the thoughts are if Leicester and Everton. I’d also say that they do not field reserve teams in any league or cup competition. PSG not included in the original 12, surprising.
I don’t see it happening and if it does can we revert back to four divisions.

I thought PSG said no, along with Bayern and Dortmund

They did say no, but that'll be on the basis of being linked to the Qatari Royal Family, who back BeIn Sport, which has billions tied up in broadcasting rights to the UCL + domestic leagues. They have vested interests in the status quo.

Whilst German clubs are a tad more dignified (due to 50+1 rule), Bayern Munich have explored a Super League for years (https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/bayern-munich-explored-exit-from-bundesliga-and-champions-league-a-1236415.html)

Rummenigge, the Bayern CEO, has become UEFA's top dog after the Juve Chairman stepped down due to his backing of the Super League. Convenient.

It's all f*****. The day billionaires/nation states were allowed to take controlling stakes in football clubs was the day the governing bodies officially lost control.

17 minutes ago, Mario said:

Bin Dippers fail to beat Leeds considering their status in the world game you wouldve thought it was a given

Could not beat a last season championship team. Expel the Shameful Six straight away, no fudging, they can no longer be trusted as football clubs, pure greed hunters.

11 hours ago, Doha said:

At the risk of Beechy making yet another thread all about him, if you support two clubs you’re a weapon. Doesn’t matter who they are. Doesn’t matter who you are. It’s that simple.

Someone who really gets it, is a real fan, would be sickened by the thought of having a second club. 

It’s that kind of plastic bandwagon chasing that has helped cause the money and tourist disease in football. 

Can't really agree with this.  I have been a Vale fan man and boy traveling as far North as Newcastle and as far south as Southampton (and a good few places in between) to watch the team play.

I plan my trips back to the UK to try and maximise the number of games that I can attend.

I also have an affinity with Leicester, on the basis that I lived there for 10 years (I could see Filbert Street from my bedroom window).  They do not stir the same passion as the Vale but I enjoy watching their games, more than other Premier games, because I have a connection with the city. 

I also support teams in Montreal, where I have lived for the last 20 years.  

The fact that I like to watch Leicester and Montreal in no way interferes with the love that I carry in my heart for the mighty, might Vale.

Archived