onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

21 minutes ago, Beech said:

Don't get what? Am I supposed to be hurt or something because you and one or two of your online pals are insisting I'm not a Vale fan because I also follow Liverpool for reasons of my own? Unlike you I don't get butt hurt with what anyone say's on an online football forum.

You really need to get laid.

"Butthurt" "get laid"  you may as well be wearing a New York yankees cap lad. 

Didn't you get banned for getting butt hurt (🙄 embarrassing) by something someone said on this online forum? Something seriously wrong with you upstairs which explains why you call Liverpool we. 

Will leave you to it as you are just a parody of yourself by now. Dont OVF ban the user not the username? Why has this man child been allowed back? The forum was much more pleasant without him.

Advert

2 minutes ago, WV said:

Didn't you get banned for getting butt hurt (🙄 embarrassing) by something someone said on this online forum? Something seriously wrong with you upstairs which explains why you call Liverpool we. 

Will leave you to it as you are just a parody of yourself by now. Dont OVF ban the user not the username? Why has this man child been allowed back? The forum was much more pleasant without him.

Funny you calling someone a man child and yet you're the one crying every message and trying to get someone banned. The irony.

13 minutes ago, WV said:

Simple rule for dealing with trolls-just ignore them,it denies them the oxygen they need to exist.

21 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

The worst aspect of this is that it freezes all other clubs out in a closed shop - something that even the Premier league, for all its defects, hasn't done. It denies the principle that has supported football in this country for well over a hundred years: the hope and opportunity to progress by merit through the tiers in the football league, or steps in non-league. Carol made this very point this morning on Radio 4 and set out how damaging it would be to the concept of the traditions and history that underpin our national sport, particularly for lower league clubs who have any ambition to progress.

I also read Gary Neville's statement, or rather rant, and for all his many faults (too many to list) he hit the nail on the head. These proposals should be hammered and punished by the football authorities though the problem they face is that the proposers have enough money to bankrupt them if they tried to take them through the courts.

This is a typical American response to making money in a closed market by shutting out the competition. The damage it could do if allowed to go ahead would be untold, destroying the fabric of the game, so it is encouraging to see so much opposition, which you would think would be enough to stop it.  Whether it will do so, of course, is a different matter...

Totally agree.

Let’s say they manage to go ahead and stay in the premier league as is their wish.

There is no incentive to perform in the Premier league... finish 15th, who cares, the newly created ESL will provide all the money needed.

The Premier league then becomes a joke, players contracts will be focused on ESL performance, managers will have no incentive to guarantee to integrity of the competition. These money hungry clubs, stolen from the working classes, have proven they care only about money... so they will suckle at the teat of the ESL and the domestic competition will become a farce.

Sick.

4 hours ago, Beech said:

If Vale ever go out of business in these crazy times, or drop out of the football league which is more of a possibility, then God help you.

I’m 1000% confident that if the vale:

a) Drop out of the league then Boreham wood will see an away following like they have never dreamed of as SVA tour the country showing the national league how it’s done... beer in view of the pitch you say... okey dokey!

b) Go out of business then a Phoenix club will get the biggest attendance outside of the football league in its first home game and will be healthily supported even after that.

Government has just announced in the House a "Fans-Led Review of the Governance of Football" and Labour are just responding saying that it's too little too late.

If it goes ahead, Carole will be well-placed, given her standing in the game, to be a voice of reason and common sense and, most importantly, the views of grass roots football.

Methinks we've reached a turning point in the history of the game and maybe, just maybe, someting good could come of this wrecking ball of a proposal.

4 hours ago, robf said:

I don't see it that way. Like them or loathe them, Salford have not broken any rules. To say that the likes of Salford shouldn't be allowed to progress up the pyramid is a bit precious - if we only allow "established" clubs then at a lower level we would be making the same sort of ring fenced league the top six are trying to do.

Salford have splashed cash and gone through managers but there's nothing in the current rules to prevent that. What the top six are doing is circumnavigating the rules and creating their own League so they can ignore things like big clubs getting relegated if they perform badly and little clubs rising to the top if they are run well.

Im not saying that they can't progress Rob, its more a sustainabilty thing. Having visited their ground and seen their set up, its clear that all the money is going on players. 

This is the first time that I've seen regular fans become aware of the power/importance they hold.

I pray they don't p!ss it up the wall. This should be an opportunity for systematic review, including fan representation at executive level/in shareholdings, independent regulation, tougher 'fit and proper' tests, and lowering ticket prices offset by fairer distribution of revenue. 

For all of his flaws and some of his hypocrisy, Neville would serve as an excellent public figurehead for this sort of movement. It needs government support and this would be an easy win for Tories in the Red Wall seats. 

I hope this doesn't become a 'Super League' issue and then its back to the status quo. Football's been on the ropes for a while and this seems to be the spark that ignites the realisation that the big clubs are out for profit and don't care about the masses in the stands. I've not seen such unity across the game before. 

I'm cynical enough to think this will be shelved in return for greater say over TV revenue, and we'll all go back to how it was before (which is exactly what has led us to this fiasco). The unfettered, hyper-capitalist system that has dominated football since the 1990s needs to be challenged, or this sort of thing will become increasingly common.

26 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

It wont actually happen this.

It will be a stand off right up to the last minute with the big 6 staying in the current champions league format as long as they can get even more money than they get now.

Before its always felt like they were using this type of thing as a bargaining chip. This time I feel they may have pushed things too far.

34 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

It wont actually happen this.

It will be a stand off right up to the last minute with the big 6 staying in the current champions league format as long as they can get even more money than they get now.

Call their bluff and kick them out of the Prem  for the start of next season, suspend, relegation and qualification for the Champions League.

Let them go it’ll do us all a favour, but when the door is shut behind them, the key gets melted in the lock. Arsenal elite top 6,PLEASE. They’ll be the whipping boys and their fan base will suffer. I wonder what the thoughts are if Leicester and Everton. I’d also say that they do not field reserve teams in any league or cup competition. PSG not included in the original 12, surprising.

I don’t see it happening and if it does can we revert back to four divisions.

Let them go it’ll do us all a favour, but when the door is shut behind them, the key gets melted in the lock. Arsenal elite top 6,PLEASE. They’ll be the whipping boys and their fan base will suffer. I wonder what the thoughts are if Leicester and Everton. I’d also say that they do not field reserve teams in any league or cup competition. PSG not included in the original 12, surprising.
I don’t see it happening and if it does can we revert back to four divisions.
I thought PSG said no, along with Bayern and Dortmund

Archived