onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

7 minutes ago, JRC said:

There is a very narrow line between sport and entertainment.  This chimera of an idea completely corrupts the sporting element and is creating something which is just bad entertainment for overseas audiences. Looks like corporate Americas trying to take control of all entertainment,  rather than something driven by fans who actually pay to see games. The fig leaf of clubs being sports clubs and having strong local roots is being lifted to show wilting old Americans trying to revive their manhood with dreams of every more accumulated wealth.

Not gonna say you're wrong with what you say. But at the end of the day, it's just football to me. A sport. Entertainment - To an extent. There are more important things in life than football, far more worthy things. Earth will be around a lot longer than Port Vale or Liverpool, or any other club for that matter. People rage and cry and judge on here like it's the only thing that exists.

I can only think some people lead pretty sad lives, where Vale is absolutely everything, naming no names... I only have pity for these people.

Advert

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I see Jose has walked. Apparently due to this super league proposal. Fair play if true

Like someone has said before, I can't see it happening with so many against it and condemning it. 

Least it's stopped the corona arguments now for a while.. 

Only a fake rumor. He was sacked because he was <ovf censored>.

I'm all for an ESL.

These so called "Big clubs " have been working towards this for years, well let them go, since the inception of the Premier League they have tried their best to bleed and undermine the football league, look how the greatest cup competition in the world, the FA Cup, has been reduced to no more than a simple domestic cup.

Let them all go BUT no return, it's laughable Spurs and Chelsea consider themselves as big clubs but if in their minds they are so be it, what have they won ? my biggest gripe is with Liverpool, who the hell do they think they are ? as Gary Neville says "You'll never walk alone " they are a joke, why aren't Leicester involved they won the title just the same a Liverpool ?

Saying all that I don't think anything will come of it, although I bet the legal teams will be rubbing their hands at the thought.

26 minutes ago, Beech said:

Not gonna say you're wrong with what you say. But at the end of the day, it's just football to me. A sport. Entertainment - To an extent. There are more important things in life than football, far more worthy things. Earth will be around a lot longer than Port Vale or Liverpool, or any other club for that matter. People rage and cry and judge on here like it's the only thing that exists.

I can only think some people lead pretty sad lives, where Vale is absolutely everything, naming no names... I only have pity for these people.

:laugh: You really don't get it, do you?

Daft wool. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

:laugh: You really don't get it, do you?

Daft wool. 

Don't get what? Am I supposed to be hurt or something because you and one or two of your online pals are insisting I'm not a Vale fan because I also follow Liverpool for reasons of my own? Unlike you I don't get butt hurt with what anyone say's on an online football forum.

You really need to get laid.

:laugh: 

I don't get butt hurt with what anyone say's on an online football forum.

Remind me about the childish outburst melting down at someones comment for which you were banned a few weeks ago?

It's like talking to a 14 year old this. WV spot on. Summat wrong with you la. 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

:laugh: 

Remind me about the childish outburst melting down at someones comment for which you were banned a few weeks ago?

It's like talking to a 14 year old this. WV spot on. Summat wrong with you la. 

You meant a tongue in cheek reply to someone borderline obsessed with me, or at least my name, which I was banned for? Yeah, I know the one. 

The worst aspect of this is that it freezes all other clubs out in a closed shop - something that even the Premier league, for all its defects, hasn't done. It denies the principle that has supported football in this country for well over a hundred years: the hope and opportunity to progress by merit through the tiers in the football league, or steps in non-league. Carol made this very point this morning on Radio 4 and set out how damaging it would be to the concept of the traditions and history that underpin our national sport, particularly for lower league clubs who have any ambition to progress.

I also read Gary Neville's statement, or rather rant, and for all his many faults (too many to list) he hit the nail on the head. These proposals should be hammered and punished by the football authorities though the problem they face is that the proposers have enough money to bankrupt them if they tried to take them through the courts.

This is a typical American response to making money in a closed market by shutting out the competition. The damage it could do if allowed to go ahead would be untold, destroying the fabric of the game, so it is encouraging to see so much opposition, which you would think would be enough to stop it.  Whether it will do so, of course, is a different matter...

Archived