onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

29 minutes ago, Beech said:

What thousands? You speak for yourself and a minority only, Mr. Port Vale. If Vale ever go out of business in these crazy times, or drop out of the football league which is more of a possibility, then God help you.

Why god help us we will still support the club that we were born to support and no other valiant forever.

Advert

1 hour ago, mikey said:

the greed league complaining that another greed league is taking their teams .................... funny that

as far as G.Neville goes, you're sinking money into a pub team trying to get them into the championship, so you need to look at yourself first

I don't see it that way. Like them or loathe them, Salford have not broken any rules. To say that the likes of Salford shouldn't be allowed to progress up the pyramid is a bit precious - if we only allow "established" clubs then at a lower level we would be making the same sort of ring fenced league the top six are trying to do.

Salford have splashed cash and gone through managers but there's nothing in the current rules to prevent that. What the top six are doing is circumnavigating the rules and creating their own League so they can ignore things like big clubs getting relegated if they perform badly and little clubs rising to the top if they are run well.

35 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Why god help us we will still support the club that we were born to support and no other valiant forever.

Because football is a sport. Port Vale is a football club. Some people act like it's the only thing they have in the world and that it's far more important than it actually is, or should be. As long as someone is giving money to said club, why would it matter to anyone that isn't a pure helmet that others might also support a club that's not local to them as long as they have a genuine reason other than glory hunting?

Interesting point from The Guardian:

George Davidson emails in an interesting thought: “National government may have limited formal powers to stop any super league. But local government may have more, stronger and long forgotten powers. Football Clubs use the name of their towns and cities with the permission of the local council. If Liverpool Council decides it no longer wants Liverpool FC to bear its name, then they could withdraw that right. The club could still exist and play in the new ESL but call itself something else (Red Mersey?) but they could no longer call itself Liverpool. That would be an utterly extraordinary move but maybe even the threat would be something.”

Looking through the papers this morning to see if anyone supports this venture, no one at all. The ESL will not happen as teams will realise that they have alienated their fans. Top clubs should be helping the likes of Rushall Olympic, Runcorn etc, not lining the pockets of agents and so called super stars

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Some of these "plastic fans" probably give more money to Vale through tickets and merchandise than most Port Vale "die-hards". Speaking for myself I know for certain that I've attended more Vale games home and away over the years than most here. It's got absolutely nothing to do with you who supports who and why, so get off your high horse. If someone supports Port Vale and Fulham for example, for whatever reason, then that's only an issue somewhat if and when they play each other.

You'll no doubt come back with the "glory hunting" argument, ignoring the fact that when I first saw Liverpool live and started to follow them, they weren't winning anything.

Ah the old i supported Liverpool before they were good argument. An old tired argument with no weight whatsoever. You are the same age as me and I remember Liverpool winning the league in 88 and 90, an FA Cup in 92 and league cup in 95. Yet "they weren't winning anything". The problem with you is you can't have an honest conversation. Bit like most glory hunters who follow a club there is always a reason but the reason is never because they were winning. You'll never know what it is like to be a true Vale fan as you base it on financial contribution (which is not as big as you are making out, more games than most on here, get real)

As soon as someone tells me they are a United/Chelsea/arsenal/Liverpool fan I automatically question the character of that person. And again those fans are the reason this super league is even viable. Can you imagine anyone in stoke who supports either stoke or Vale paying a subscription for this league? None at all, it will be the likes of you that they are selling to. At least you can go back to Liverpool not winning anything again once it starts. 

35 minutes ago, WV said:

Ah the old i supported Liverpool before they were good argument. An old tired argument with no weight whatsoever. You are the same age as me and I remember Liverpool winning the league in 88 and 90, an FA Cup in 92 and league cup in 95. Yet "they weren't winning anything". The problem with you is you can't have an honest conversation. Bit like most glory hunters who follow a club there is always a reason but the reason is never because they were winning. You'll never know what it is like to be a true Vale fan as you base it on financial contribution (which is not as big as you are making out, more games than most on here, get real)

As soon as someone tells me they are a United/Chelsea/arsenal/Liverpool fan I automatically question the character of that person. And again those fans are the reason this super league is even viable. Can you imagine anyone in stoke who supports either stoke or Vale paying a subscription for this league? None at all, it will be the likes of you that they are selling to. At least you can go back to Liverpool not winning anything again once it starts. 

I like to see Vale do well, I don't consider myself to be a "die hard" that probably has Port Vale underwear like yourself. I don't try to say anything different. If Vale lose it's dissapointing but I'm over it within 2 minutes. Whereas with you it probably ruins your weekend. God help you if Vale ever go out of the football league. Stay away from bridges and lakes, that's all I'll say.

3 hours ago, Beech said:

I completely agree with the last bit/ I just don't get this hatred for the Premier League when it's what every football league club with any ambition is aiming to be long-term, Port Vale included. And if anyone is happy to just exist in the lower leagues than they need to give their heads a wobble.

At the end of the day football club's are a business that provide entertainment. 

There is a very narrow line between sport and entertainment.  This chimera of an idea completely corrupts the sporting element and is creating something which is just bad entertainment for overseas audiences. Looks like corporate Americas trying to take control of all entertainment,  rather than something driven by fans who actually pay to see games. The fig leaf of clubs being sports clubs and having strong local roots is being lifted to show wilting old Americans trying to revive their manhood with dreams of ever more accumulated wealth.

Archived