onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Super League.

Biddlemon

What do we think? Why are the Vale not included as we got to the Anglo Italian Cup Final.

As a Vale fan who lives in Liverpool it’s gone down very badly here with all fans in the city. Fenway Sports Group have made a big mistake. Fans won’t trust them anymore.

Advert

Absolutely terrible idea. The people who thought it up deserve all the criticism coming their way. The big clubs' pursuit of money has made them forget that closed shop, sterile football isn't wanted by anyone - fans and players but more importantly, I think that TV (certainly in Europe) may back away after the huge criticism it has received. If no broadcasters want to put money in then it's a dead concept unless they only want to broadcast it to an Asian TV audience.

If I was a fan of the top six, I'd be targeting the TV companies to make them sure I will be cancelling if they agree to broadcasting it. That's the way to stop it IMO.

On the bright side, that's potentially six clubs Vale don't have to beat on their way to the 2024-25 Premier League title :whistling:

Have to agree. Who wants to see a sterile league with no relegation. You could have the position where despite the money are in decline because of say poor management but they remain.

Have the Managers been consulted? Would be surprised if Klopp supported this. Fans have certainly not been consulted. Seems these clubs treat fans with contempt. Here in Liverpool for owners that is toxic.

This is why glory hunters (few on here) are killing the game. Without the millions of plastic fans then this super league wouldn't be viable. Liverpool fans from Stoke, United fans from Burslem etc have directly contributed to this. Shame on them. Support your local team, if everyone did that how much more competitive would the leagues be. 

I loved the passion of Mr Neville yesterday. 

However Sky are his paymaster and they are the main reason that football is all about money and instant gratification for rich owners. 

The forming of the PL has led to the haves and have-nots and football is far worse for all their greed 

Let them do it, expel them from every competition in the UK while we are at it. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

This is why glory hunters (few on here) are killing the game. Without the millions of plastic fans then this super league wouldn't be viable. Liverpool fans from Stoke, United fans from Burslem etc have directly contributed to this. Shame on them. Support your local team, if everyone did that how much more competitive would the leagues be. 

I read the forums of all six clubs last night, and twitter for ages, and was really pleased to see the actual fans were united in their hatred for this. Talk of burning shirts, never going again, wanting to be subject to points deductions and booted out the league. Tottenham fans were a bit less so but that’s because they’re the runt who’ve been allowed to tag along and they’re grateful for it. 

The only ones supporting this on social media are ‘lifelong fans’ who on closer examination are from India, Nigeria, USA, Middle East etc 

Bandwagon armchair twâts who haven’t got an iota of knowledge about actual English football, in other words. 

Completely and wholeheartedly agree. I know many people who 'support' Liverpool or Manchester United. Born in Stoke. To me, it's the easy option to support the glory teams. It's when Vale have a good season or even just a good game, that makes it all worthwhile.

2 hours ago, WV said:

Some of these "plastic fans" probably give more money to Vale through tickets and merchandise than most Port Vale "die-hards". Speaking for myself I know for certain that I've attended more Vale games home and away over the years than most here. It's got absolutely nothing to do with you who supports who and why, so get off your high horse. If someone supports Port Vale and Fulham for example, for whatever reason, then that's only an issue somewhat if and when they play each other.

You'll no doubt come back with the "glory hunting" argument, ignoring the fact that when I first saw Liverpool live and started to follow them, they weren't winning anything.

15 minutes ago, Doha said:

I read the forums of all six clubs last night, and twitter for ages, and was really pleased to see the actual fans were united in their hatred for this. Talk of burning shirts, never going again, wanting to be subject to points deductions and booted out the league. Tottenham fans were a bit less so but that’s because they’re the runt who’ve been allowed to tag along and they’re grateful for it. 

The only ones supporting this on social media are ‘lifelong fans’ who on closer examination are from India, Nigeria, USA, Middle East etc 

Bandwagon armchair twâts who haven’t got an iota of knowledge about actual English football, in other words. 

This is a huge problem... saw on Twitter that in the discussions on whether to join the phrase “legacy fans” was used to describe the die hard locally fans who have been with the club for years... their importance is downgraded and all the attention is moving to “future fans”

Sickening.

Lets also remember that Arsenal made 55 people redundant whilst negotiating to join this €350m a club monstrosity.

Vile.

If they want to go then go BUT a hard line approach is needed.

No players to play for international sides.
No involvement in domestic or international club competitions.
Any clubs wanting to return to the pyramid go through the same process that Bury or Chester for example would and start well below the EFL. You don’t boot league two clubs out the league to let them back in or clubs out the premier league.

Neville as much as some hypocrisy there is right, United and Liverpool should know better, huge histories, working class clubs it’s a disgrace and hopefully shows them for what they now are.

What I will say is this... when I’m asked why Port Vale (im born and bread from Leicestershire) by pot hunters, how do I watch “<ovf censored> football” week in week out? Etc etc

I do... but boy it’s proper football, proper fans, proper loyalty, no VAR, none of this over paid crap. I can watch my boys, i can meet and chat to players in the street or message the chairwoman and get a reply.

I can come on here with like minded fans suffering mostly or enjoying the rare glories, despair at just trying to survive, none of these Arsenal fans moaning they are the most suffering fans in the world because they finish
4th every year and win an FA cup one every two.

Would I swap it for the overpaid <ovf censored> the top level has become fuelled by greed? Nah.

At the risk of Beechy making yet another thread all about him, if you support two clubs you’re a weapon. Doesn’t matter who they are. Doesn’t matter who you are. It’s that simple.

Someone who really gets it, is a real fan, would be sickened by the thought of having a second club. 

It’s that kind of plastic bandwagon chasing that has helped cause the money and tourist disease in football. 

These clubs are all owned with foreign investors who have no notion of the english game and how it is formed. These clubs are filled with foreign players, managers and coaches and there is very little that is english about any of them. These clubs if they form this league MUST be banned from all competions in this country and I hope the majority of their supporters boycott their games be it by attending the matches or watching it on TV.

Archived