onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Barrow failed in their attempts to bully us, which began from the first whistle.  A battling performance with 2 moments of genuine quality and a couple of Brown saves.  Conlon MoM for his goals but the 3 central defenders were outstanding yet again, with Brizzle narrowly pick of the bunch for me.  Probably last we've seen ofCullen.  Not a lot to add really.

24 minutes ago, Beech said:

I've given Guthrie more than a hard time since he joined us but if I had to choose, I'd take him over Cullen. Perhaps with a decent pre-season behind him and some confidence that comes with scoring one or two goals, even in friendlies, then he could be useful as one of a three of four forwards in the squad.

I'd take Swan over either of them.  Like the look of him.

17 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Manny who ? 

Chesterfield losing again 1 point from 9 .

People on here worried we'd not win without him. 

As I said Manny who ? 😂😂😂

Another bad at the office for manny, we would have 4-0 if he had played for us didn't you know 😀

Quigley seemed to have some sort of humungous chip on his shoulder tonight, almost Theo Vassell like when he went OTT at Macc away. 
To be fair to him I think our defence skilfully manhandled him all game. Payback for the mauling he gave them at Vale Park. At the end of the first half Smith got away with holding his head down for a good 5 seconds. They let him know in the first minute or so that he wasn't going to get any joy tonight.

1 minute ago, Valepopey11 said:

What a team! Play offs really on the cards now, every bit of faith in this club, clarke has got it nothing but right since his appointment, could be looking at a vale legend

Get in the bin wum. Thought he was a clown?

3 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

What a team! Play offs really on the cards now, every bit of faith in this club, clarke has got it nothing but right since his appointment, could be looking at a vale legend

Play offs 😂😂 you used to put clown pictures up 

Being a permanent fully paid up member of the pessimists club am I right in worrying about how we move  forward, does DC do what he has a reputation for and make wholesale changes for next seasons squad or does he just tweak this group ?

It is a conundrum, because this group of players were serial losers, not that long ago virtually every man and his dog thought there should be a mass clear out, now the picture is completely different, will DC throw the nearly completed jigsaw in the air and start again, or have this squad shown with a bit of tweaking we could have a very good side at this level.

I've no idea what the answer is but this close season is going to be fascinating.

Archived