onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

What crazy times we live in, we looked more likely to finish bottom than 15th+ a few months ago, now we are in prime position to finish in the top half! Well done to all involved. Imagine what Darrell can do with a decent side if he’s spinning gold out of some of these players.

Advert

Defending like Chelsea under a not past his sell by date Mourinho when they had the likes of Terry, Carvalho and Ashley Cole over the last 10 or so games. Any decent side is built on a solid defense so long may it continue. I thought Legge was just about finished as a football league player but bringing him back has proven to be a masterstroke by Clarke.

17 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

What an utter shower of twots they were.....horrible, horrible "football" team. Well done Vale for totally bossing them and not lying down.

I've given Scott Quigley a little reminder on twitter about his "classy" tweet after they won at VP. Christ, I'd liek to see us put 6 past that pub team next season at home.

Harrogate suddenly look like vintage Barca 

Every performance is becoming the same: Smith, Legge, Bris immense head everything battle everyone and Brown relied upon when needed.

MOTM Conlon obviously scored the worldie but his all round display was absolutely immense. He covered every blade of grass, tackled everything that moved, closed down every attempted pass and shot on the edge of our box and put his foot on the ball in the middle when needed to. For me 10/10 performance. 

I think DC has seen enough of Cullen now.  Yet another injury and looked miles off the standard required. Don't think we will see him in a Vale shirt again. I don't think either Burgess or Whitehead have done themselves any favours tonight either. 

What horrible team Barrow are by the way. Throw themselves on the floor at every tackle, elbows in faces at every opportunity and keep surrounding the ref. Horrible horrible team.

I've given Guthrie more than a hard time since he joined us but if I had to choose, I'd take him over Cullen. Perhaps with a decent pre-season behind him and some confidence that comes with scoring one or two goals, even in friendlies, then he could be useful as one of a three of four forwards in the squad.

Great win against a side of thugs straight from Westley levels.

Only problem for Barrow is we are under DC now and made of tough stuff.

Loved Joycey crocking Quigley and leaning over him giving him verbals Roy Keane style!

Conlon... first goal world class, control, the hit, the accuracy. In the top flight it’s replayed for years.

Loving how DC has changed us even if it’s sadly too late to achieve what we really should have been.

Just now, Eddie Ford said:

We dont need to take either of them

I'm not fussed, but releasing all of Cullen, Guthrie, Robinson and Pope and having to replace them might be a bit much! I can see at least one or two of them still being here next season.

8 minutes ago, MBE said:

Every performance is becoming the same: Smith, Legge, Bris immense head everything battle everyone and Brown relied upon when needed.

MOTM Conlon obviously scored the worldie but his all round display was absolutely immense. He covered every blade of grass, tackled everything that moved, closed down every attempted pass and shot on the edge of our box and put his foot on the ball in the middle when needed to. For me 10/10 performance. 

I think DC has seen enough of Cullen now.  Yet another injury and looked miles off the standard required. Don't think we will see him in a Vale shirt again. I don't think either Burgess or Whitehead have done themselves any favours tonight either. 

What horrible team Barrow are by the way. Throw themselves on the floor at every tackle, elbows in faces at every opportunity and keep surrounding the ref. Horrible horrible team.

Exactly what you need from a winner in League 2. Gritty, stand up to the challenge and fight, but also have the quality to go through the gears and put teams like Barrow to the sword. Half the teams in the league are like them.

I'm tired of us being polite and asking to score with tippy tappy football. We’re finally just steamrolling over teams and saying <ovf censored> you, and when you’ve got that attitude the better quality players relax and show their potential.

Brilliant.

17 minutes ago, 1 said:

Inspiring move to put Conlon as captain, because he’s much more likely to sign an extension with that extra responsibility and trust. 

To be fair to him it was a masterstroke from Pugh when caretaker.

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

To be fair to him it was a masterstroke from Pugh when caretaker.

I know but still a good idea to give him that confidence to get his form back - there were a few knocking around pre-Daz.

Guest Vale at home
43 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Brilliant win against a bunch of thugs. 

Yes I agree . Come on the vale . Brilliant win . 

7 minutes ago, Beech said:

've given Guthrie more than a hard time since he joined us but if I had to choose, I'd take him over Cullen. Perhaps with a decent pre-season behind him and some confidence that comes with scoring one or two goals, even in friendlies, then he could be useful as one of a three of four forwards in the squad.

I think he has a lot to offer with his all round play in particular when we are managing the game. Still think he just needs a goal..

8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Great win against a side of thugs straight from Westley levels.

Only problem for Barrow is we are under DC now and made of tough stuff.

Loved Joycey crocking Quigley and leaning over him giving him verbals Roy Keane style!

Conlon... first goal world class, control, the hit, the accuracy. In the top flight it’s replayed for years.

Loving how DC has changed us even if it’s sadly too late to achieve what we really should have been.

Quigley seemed to have some sort of humungous chip on his shoulder tonight, almost Theo Vassell like when he went OTT at Macc away. 

Archived