onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

Carry on this unbeaten run into next season, confidence builds success.  Barrow pulling away from relegation danger in April at home with wins over Exeter and Newport, also a 2-2 draw with Carlisle , so no push over.  Hoping for a more attacking line-up from the Vale, with a few changes due to injuries and testing options.  Keep an eye on Quiqley their danger man, but most of all avoid a first ever double defeat by Barrow

Advert

Looking forwards to this encounter .

Going be honest and say out of all that have visited Vale park this season these were the most organised and thoroughly deserved there victory over a very inept us at the time .

These are going stay up and its totally deserved I mean in the last so many weeks they have won at Cheltenham and at home v Exeter .

Tough test this keep unbeaten run going .

Team well DC has admitted there's going be changes and lets be honest it needs freshening up especially midfield and forward line just hope they play with the same defensive discipline as the players they will be replacing .

So my team 

Brown 

Smith Legge Brisley 

Amoo Burgess Joyce Taylor Montano 

Pope Cullen 

Give Mckirdy a few mins second half .

Worrall and Rodney I'd give them the night off Rodney's played a lot of football for a young lad and his last few performances have not being at a level whats acceptable ,not for what high standards I  set the players ,Worrall has being terrific another who needs a rest,not being greatly involved last 2 games but as done enough over the season deserve a rest .

Taylor plays well with young Burgess so I'd like see them reunited in remaining games,Montano to get the quality of ball in for Popey to damage them greatly one hopes and Amoo to show why it would be mistake to be ridding of him hopefully .

Looking forwards to it will be buying the game once I see the team news.

Hope we play to hurt them.,

23 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Looking forwards to this encounter .

Going be honest and say out of all that have visited Vale park this season these were the most organised and thoroughly deserved there victory over a very inept us at the time .

These are going stay up and its totally deserved I mean in the last so many weeks they have won at Cheltenham and at home v Exeter .

Tough test this keep unbeaten run going .

Team well DC has admitted there's going be changes and lets be honest it needs freshening up especially midfield and forward line just hope they play with the same defensive discipline as the players they will be replacing .

So my team 

Brown 

Smith Legge Brisley 

Amoo Burgess Joyce Taylor Montano 

Pope Cullen 

Give Mckirdy a few mins second half .

Worrall and Rodney I'd give them the night off Rodney's played a lot of football for a young lad and his last few performances have not being at a level whats acceptable ,not for what high standards I  set the players ,Worrall has being terrific another who needs a rest,not being greatly involved last 2 games but as done enough over the season deserve a rest .

Taylor plays well with young Burgess so I'd like see them reunited in remaining games,Montano to get the quality of ball in for Popey to damage them greatly one hopes and Amoo to show why it would be mistake to be ridding of him hopefully .

Looking forwards to it will be buying the game once I see the team news.

Hope we play to hurt them.,

I doubt Monty will be involved after getting taken off injured on Saturday. Taylor wasn't involved Saturday because of an injury so maybe a doubt too. I would like to see Pope and Rodney up front. I wouldn't play Cullen again unless injuries dictate we have to.

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

I doubt Monty will be involved after getting taken off injured on Saturday. Taylor wasn't involved Saturday because of an injury so maybe a doubt too. I would like to see Pope and Rodney up front. I wouldn't play Cullen again unless injuries dictate we have to.

I hope Montano not out if he is I'd switch to 4 at back get more legs in midfield and take the game to them and go for it .

Cullen is a decent player I feel but for some unknown reason has not scored since opening game of season I believe (league anyway ),I find that astonishing when you look at how prolific he was at Bpool not so many years back and how good he was especially in home games when selected last season. 

Shame that is season up to to yet has being injury plagued as he defo in the right team set up scores goals .

Popey was only on ten seconds and from that last goal kick from Browny he flicked it on from about 20 foot in the air ,I am looking forwards to seeing a optimal  fitness Pope leading  the attack who is selected alongside him i do not care just hope he reads the flicks (both on floor and in air ) and gets in there.

Big game Barrow will be hungry we must make sure we give them nowt and show our quality (which we have I mean Burgess and Taylor have a decent shot on them last year v top of the table  at home versus Swindon proved that)and get that 8th undefeated game done and dusted  .

I missed Conlon out of my team so a slight change Conlon in for Montano .

Play to win 

UTV get forwards and show desire to excite 

Interesting comments from Clarke after the Carlisle game to say that fringe players will be played over the course of the remaining games. I think tomorrow we will see the players who I believe have a question mark over their Vale futures like amoo, Pope, Montano, burgess, mckirdy, Campbell-Gordon, Cullen, whitehead and Guthrie feature in some way in the game. The defence probably picks itself because of injury, but if it were me I’d be looking at trying to get those players I listed above into the game tomorrow. We already know that players from the Carlisle game like worrall, smith, Gibbons, Conlon, Rodney and Robinson are either under contract or have played a lot of football recently and we know what they can do, so give them a breather at some point and let these other players come in and try and prove their worth. 

26 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

I can't see Cullen being retained next season to be honest.

The Ale and the Vale lads were probably right that it's one of Guthrie and Pope to join Robinson, Rodney and new signing/s as next season's strike force.

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

The Ale and the Vale lads were probably right that it's one of Guthrie and Pope to join Robinson, Rodney and new signing/s as next season's strike force.

Rodney, Robinson unless we can release, NEW, NEW

Why would DC retain either Pope or Guthrie? For the average price of those contracts Vale could get 2 really solid strikers at this level.

I think I'm going to cry when the retained list comes out. It's going to go Pete on here regardless that's for sure.

Experimental team or not the way these cheating bar stewards have manipulated furlough scheme I hope we stuff em 4 or 5 and they gone on to loose the next 5 matches and get relegated.

Will forever remember this club as a bunch of cheats!

Archived