Jump to content

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale


Recommended Posts

Carry on this unbeaten run into next season, confidence builds success.  Barrow pulling away from relegation danger in April at home with wins over Exeter and Newport, also a 2-2 draw with Carlisle , so no push over.  Hoping for a more attacking line-up from the Vale, with a few changes due to injuries and testing options.  Keep an eye on Quiqley their danger man, but most of all avoid a first ever double defeat by Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely feel sorry for fans of the Super Six tonight.  Their clubs are in the process of global humiliation. Meanwhile in the meaningless football pyramid we’ve just witnessed a lad discarded

Remember how abysmal these dossers were against Tranmere and Walsall? Half of them on the verge of being registered blind? We've conceded 3 in the last 10. How does he do it?

Referee. Disgrace Linesman. Coward  Barrow. Animals  Vale. Superb . Job done 

Posted (edited)

Looking forwards to this encounter .

Going be honest and say out of all that have visited Vale park this season these were the most organised and thoroughly deserved there victory over a very inept us at the time .

These are going stay up and its totally deserved I mean in the last so many weeks they have won at Cheltenham and at home v Exeter .

Tough test this keep unbeaten run going .

Team well DC has admitted there's going be changes and lets be honest it needs freshening up especially midfield and forward line just hope they play with the same defensive discipline as the players they will be replacing .

So my team 

      Brown 

Smith Legge Brisley 

Amoo Burgess Joyce Taylor Montano 

       Pope Cullen 

Give Mckirdy a few mins second half .

Worrall and Rodney I'd give them the night off Rodney's played a lot of football for a young lad and his last few performances have not being at a level whats acceptable ,not for what high standards I  set the players ,Worrall has being terrific another who needs a rest,not being greatly involved last 2 games but as done enough over the season deserve a rest .

Taylor plays well with young Burgess so I'd like see them reunited in remaining games,Montano to get the quality of ball in for Popey to damage them greatly one hopes and Amoo to show why it would be mistake to be ridding of him hopefully .

Looking forwards to it will be buying the game once I see the team news.

Hope we play to hurt them.,

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Looking forwards to this encounter .

Going be honest and say out of all that have visited Vale park this season these were the most organised and thoroughly deserved there victory over a very inept us at the time .

These are going stay up and its totally deserved I mean in the last so many weeks they have won at Cheltenham and at home v Exeter .

Tough test this keep unbeaten run going .

Team well DC has admitted there's going be changes and lets be honest it needs freshening up especially midfield and forward line just hope they play with the same defensive discipline as the players they will be replacing .

So my team 

      Brown 

Smith Legge Brisley 

Amoo Burgess Joyce Taylor Montano 

       Pope Cullen 

Give Mckirdy a few mins second half .

Worrall and Rodney I'd give them the night off Rodney's played a lot of football for a young lad and his last few performances have not being at a level whats acceptable ,not for what high standards I  set the players ,Worrall has being terrific another who needs a rest,not being greatly involved last 2 games but as done enough over the season deserve a rest .

Taylor plays well with young Burgess so I'd like see them reunited in remaining games,Montano to get the quality of ball in for Popey to damage them greatly one hopes and Amoo to show why it would be mistake to be ridding of him hopefully .

Looking forwards to it will be buying the game once I see the team news.

Hope we play to hurt them.,

I doubt Monty will be involved after getting taken off injured on Saturday. Taylor wasn't involved Saturday because of an injury so maybe a doubt too. I would like to see Pope and Rodney up front. I wouldn't play Cullen again unless injuries dictate we have to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mbycars said:

I doubt Monty will be involved after getting taken off injured on Saturday. Taylor wasn't involved Saturday because of an injury so maybe a doubt too. I would like to see Pope and Rodney up front. I wouldn't play Cullen again unless injuries dictate we have to.

I hope Montano not out if he is I'd switch to 4 at back get more legs in midfield and take the game to them and go for it .

Cullen is a decent player I feel but for some unknown reason has not scored since opening game of season I believe (league anyway ),I find that astonishing when you look at how prolific he was at Bpool not so many years back and how good he was especially in home games when selected last season. 

Shame that is season up to to yet has being injury plagued as he defo in the right team set up scores goals .

Popey was only on ten seconds and from that last goal kick from Browny he flicked it on from about 20 foot in the air ,I am looking forwards to seeing a optimal  fitness Pope leading  the attack who is selected alongside him i do not care just hope he reads the flicks (both on floor and in air ) and gets in there.

Big game Barrow will be hungry we must make sure we give them nowt and show our quality (which we have I mean Burgess and Taylor have a decent shot on them last year v top of the table  at home versus Swindon proved that)and get that 8th undefeated game done and dusted  .

I missed Conlon out of my team so a slight change Conlon in for Montano .

Play to win 

UTV get forwards and show desire to excite 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a tough test at Carlisle which we did well although not creating much, let’s hope we continue in the same vein and hopefully be a bit more creative. Another clean sheet would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Posted (edited)

Interesting comments from Clarke after the Carlisle game to say that fringe players will be played over the course of the remaining games. I think tomorrow we will see the players who I believe have a question mark over their Vale futures like amoo, Pope, Montano, burgess, mckirdy, Campbell-Gordon, Cullen, whitehead and Guthrie feature in some way in the game. The defence probably picks itself because of injury, but if it were me I’d be looking at trying to get those players I listed above into the game tomorrow. We already know that players from the Carlisle game like worrall, smith, Gibbons, Conlon, Rodney and Robinson are either under contract or have played a lot of football recently and we know what they can do, so give them a breather at some point and let these other players come in and try and prove their worth. 

Edited by PV1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

I can't see Cullen being retained next season to be honest.

The Ale and the Vale lads were probably right that it's one of Guthrie and Pope to join Robinson, Rodney and new signing/s as next season's strike force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Wrex said:

The Ale and the Vale lads were probably right that it's one of Guthrie and Pope to join Robinson, Rodney and new signing/s as next season's strike force.

Rodney, Robinson unless we can release, NEW, NEW

Why would DC retain either Pope or Guthrie? For the average price of those contracts Vale could get 2 really solid strikers at this level.

I think I'm going to cry when the retained list comes out. It's going to go Pete on here regardless that's for sure.

Edited by 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Personally I don't think there will be enough names on it to call it a list we need to start from scratch and with 16 players out of contract now is the perfect time to do it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experimental team or not the way these cheating bar stewards have manipulated furlough scheme I hope we stuff em 4 or 5 and they gone on to loose the next 5 matches and get relegated.

Will forever remember this club as a bunch of cheats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Experimental team or not the way these cheating bar stewards have manipulated furlough scheme I hope we stuff em 4 or 5 and they gone on to loose the next 5 matches and get relegated.
Will forever remember this club as a bunch of cheats!
What have they been up to, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Hope its as rotated as a team as possible to get in the non contracted players for next season.
 
 
I do too, but more so to see how the youngsters cope. Scott, RCG, Agho and Bailey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do with playing 2 of the soon to be out of cotract players that he wants a look at. The problem with playing more than that is it upsets the balance to such an extent that it’s hard to tell whether a poor performance is due to introduced personell or ruining any semblance of consistency in a settled side. High on my list to look again at would be Amoo and Pope or Burgess at full back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

do with playing 2 of the soon to be out of cotract players that he wants a look at. The problem with playing more than that is it upsets the balance to such an extent that it’s hard to tell whether a poor performance is due to introduced personell or ruining any semblance of consistency in a settled side. High on my list to look again at would be Amoo and Pope or Burgess at full back.

I don’t think it would it be fair to look at burgess as a full back and use that as a position to judge him by. But I think him, Cullen, Guthrie, Mckirdy, Pope, Amoo and Monty (I would lay an outside bet that both Monty and Amoo are ones that the manager has a question mark over) should feature tonight. There’s plenty of players we know to be safe like Rodney, Gibbo, worrall, Conlon for example who could make way tonight for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...