onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

On 22/04/2021 at 06:22, Conrad said:

Both my wife and I were furloughed so I asked for the refund on my 19/20 ticket for the 5 games unplayed.

4 emails later, 2 of which went unanswered, and 5 phone calls where I was just getting fobbed off, I’m still waiting.

No refunds mate for last season or this, loyal fans give money to club although when they ask for refund are told to go away. 

But you are loyal mate so don't worry. 

I have finished with this club after 50 odd years, not for me but for the treatment of someone else. 

I am not the only one, I have spoken to a few lads tonight who have agreed with me and said they are shocked and will not be renewing season tickets either. 

Owners under estimate the power of fans, just look at the super league that went well. 

Advert

32 minutes ago, newchapel valiant said:

No refunds mate for last season or this, loyal fans give money to club although when they ask for refund are told to go away. 

But you are loyal mate so don't worry. 

I have finished with this club after 50 odd years, not for me but for the treatment of someone else. 

I am not the only one, I have spoken to a few lads tonight who have agreed with me and said they are shocked and will not be renewing season tickets either. 

Owners under estimate the power of fans, just look at the super league that went well. 

CAROL TAKE NOTE,

Not true refunds were given if people asked.  

I'm totally amazed at some of our fans, who paid out for a season ticket which, effectively, became a donation  to the club? But then sit on their arses and wait for the club to ask them if they would like a refund? My daughter has  been in the travel business for a good few years. She has worked through an Icelandic volcano disrupting travel; through travel agents' and cruise lines collapsing and leaving people stranded or unable to take up their holidays, as booked; and, finally (well - probably not) a global pandemic, and an ever-changing list of countries that may be visited...and not once, to her knowledge, has a travel company chased up a customer to offer them a refund - it's up to you, people!

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I'm totally amazed at some of our fans, who paid out for a season ticket which, effectively, became a donation  to the club? But then sit on their arses and wait for the club to ask them if they would like a refund? My daughter has  been in the travel business for a good few years. She has worked through an Icelandic volcano disrupting travel; through travel agents' and cruise lines collapsing and leaving people stranded or unable to take up their holidays, as booked; and, finally (well - probably not) a global pandemic, and an ever-changing list of countries that may be visited...and not once, to her knowledge, has a travel company chased up a customer to offer them a refund - it's up to you, people!

But the club DID contact the season ticket holders to tell them they were entitled to a refund, then a further message to say how much that refund would be, I still have the messages.

then after all that to not go through with it and actually pay the refunds is strange at best.

as I said, I was furloughed for 8 months and my wife for 12 months so needed the money at the time, I’m back working now so will probably not Persue it any further.

On 19/04/2021 at 16:01, TJHValiant said:

Well if it’s £3/4 quid and we have 4K season ticket holders that’s up-to £16,000 on scarves alone. 

Not the cheap incentive it seems as we only got 10k for Manny. 

10k cash for Manny and 20 k saving on his wages until the end of his contract.

But the club DID contact the season ticket holders to tell them they were entitled to a refund, then a further message to say how much that refund would be, I still have the messages.
then after all that to not go through with it and actually pay the refunds is strange at best

Are you on about last season? If so, I know for a fact that refunds were paid if you contacted the Club

Christ, this thread still going?

Crack on, by all means lads, but I'm baffled that a semantic analysis of the word 'loyal', cost analysis of scarves, and people complaining they haven't been offered a refund despite never asking for one has dragged on for 10 pages.

If you want a refund, ring the club and ask for one. 

On 22/04/2021 at 15:16, robf said:

Could I add to this and I hope I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick...

While it's great that the likes of Colin and Carol are able to answer and come back to fans, I don't think that should be the expected/usual route of communication.

If I have a question or request of the club I would expect to be able to telephone or email the appropriate dept (e.g. the ticket office) and get a response from there without having to speak to the owner or CEO. 

Surely it's not practical that for senior people, who presumably have a load of important work in their in-boxes to have to effectively "cover" for the fact that fans aren't getting adequate answers through emails and telephone calls to other junior staff members?  

I would also suggest that if you have had issues with the club's responses that you let Colin/Carol know as I am sure they would be keen to know and can improve it. There's a Supporters Club meeting soon - that may be a good avenue to raise a question if you've had problems.

I would agree with this - despite the myriad roles at the club (or maybe because of the myriad roles), communication seems a bit ad-hoc/confusing at times. Needs a bit of restructuring, with clear channels for frequent issues (ticket concerns etc).

Archived