onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

Just now, Eddie Ford said:

Harassment 

It’s a perfectly reasonable question asked by many... it goes to the heart of the refund debate.

Do you think it’s reasonable for someone to demand a full refund if they have been watching the games on iFollow?

Advert

On 20/04/2021 at 18:55, Eddie Ford said:

Yes I do but obviously you do not have a clue

You seem intent on abusing lots of posters. Have you read the terms of use for this forum about attacking the post and not the poster.

I get the feeling you are someone who has been previously banned and reappeared under a different name.

Crikey how this has spiralled !! 

I hope my post was concise. 

The actual OWNER of our football club rang me in person, unbelievable really to do that , couldn't see that from one of the proposed ESL clubs . 

I was more than happy to take a partial refund, my finances now dictate were such refund offered today I'd decline. 

I can't speak for other people but I was more than happy with the response albeit I did say that the ticket office weren't great . 

Just seems to be going around in circles with snide remarks now. 

If you are unhappy do as I did and the mark of the woman is that she cares about every individual fan if you contact her . 

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Crikey how this has spiralled !! 

I hope my post was concise. 

The actual OWNER of our football club rang me in person, unbelievable really to do that , couldn't see that from one of the proposed ESL clubs . 

I was more than happy to take a partial refund, my finances now dictate were such refund offered today I'd decline. 

I can't speak for other people but I was more than happy with the response albeit I did say that the ticket office weren't great . 

Just seems to be going around in circles with snide remarks now. 

If you are unhappy do as I did and the mark of the woman is that she cares about every individual fan if you contact her . 

Your post was more than clear in its tone and content Darren.

A positive story.

UTV

5 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Yes, emailed and received no reply.

What are you going to suggest next, that I camp outside a near empty building in the middle of a close down until someone asks what I'm doing there?

I was actually going to suggest you grow up instead of making stupid comments like that. 

If you read the news release about the new season tickets it says: "Despite the fact that supporters have not been allowed inside Vale Park the vast majority of our Season Ticket holders have remained incredibly loyal and kept their money in the club."  It's pretty clear from that statement that some people had refunds. 

Did you want a refund??

6 hours ago, Conrad said:

Both my wife and I were furloughed so I asked for the refund on my 19/20 ticket for the 5 games unplayed.

4 emails later, 2 of which went unanswered, and 5 phone calls where I was just getting fobbed off, I’m still waiting.

The best person to contact at the club if you want a response is Colin Garlick.  His email address is in all the home programmes.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The best person to contact at the club if you want a response is Colin Garlick.  His email address is in all the home programmes.

Could I add to this and I hope I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick...

While it's great that the likes of Colin and Carol are able to answer and come back to fans, I don't think that should be the expected/usual route of communication.

If I have a question or request of the club I would expect to be able to telephone or email the appropriate dept (e.g. the ticket office) and get a response from there without having to speak to the owner or CEO. 

Surely it's not practical that for senior people, who presumably have a load of important work in their in-boxes to have to effectively "cover" for the fact that fans aren't getting adequate answers through emails and telephone calls to other junior staff members?  

I would also suggest that if you have had issues with the club's responses that you let Colin/Carol know as I am sure they would be keen to know and can improve it. There's a Supporters Club meeting soon - that may be a good avenue to raise a question if you've had problems.

1 hour ago, robf said:

While it's great that the likes of Colin and Carol are able to answer and come back to fans, I don't think that should be the expected/usual route of communication.

If I have a question or request of the club I would expect to be able to telephone or email the appropriate dept (e.g. the ticket office) and get a response from there without having to speak to the owner or CEO. 

Surely it's not practical that for senior people, who presumably have a load of important work in their in-boxes to have to effectively "cover" for the fact that fans aren't getting adequate answers through emails and telephone calls to other junior staff members?  

I would also suggest that if you have had issues with the club's responses that you let Colin/Carol know as I am sure they would be keen to know and can improve it. There's a Supporters Club meeting soon - that may be a good avenue to raise a question if you've had problems.

I get what you are saying, and I actually agree with your point!

But from my own experience, you can try to contact the club via the correct channels, without reply for days, and I've even tried weeks. In the end, I just got so frustrated, I had to go a level up to even get a reply. The "funny" thing is, that they then came back to me with a kind reply and forwarded my email, to the same address I've been writing for weeks. And low and behold, I got a reply the next day! It's a kind of magic 🙊

1 hour ago, robf said:

Good point Rob, my recommendation to reach out to Carol isn’t the right answer as a first point of call as she will be far too busy. 

As you say, I’m sure she would be keen to hear where people’s experiences haven’t been perfect so hopefully the process can be fixed.

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Good point Rob, my recommendation to reach out to Carol isn’t the right answer as a first point of call as she will be far too busy. 

As you say, I’m sure she would be keen to hear where people’s experiences haven’t been perfect so hopefully the process can be fixed.

I think part of the issue here is the club also haven’t got a clear policy on if refunds will be provided or not.

From memory for 2019-20 wasn’t there are clear date to reclaim your pro-rata refund by?

If there is not the clarity then perhaps whoever mans the ticket office email does not have the authority to say yes/no, so  requests are just not responded to?  Is it a case by case assessment/decision?

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I was actually going to suggest you grow up instead of making stupid comments like that. 

If you read the news release about the new season tickets it says: "Despite the fact that supporters have not been allowed inside Vale Park the vast majority of our Season Ticket holders have remained incredibly loyal and kept their money in the club."  It's pretty clear from that statement that some people had refunds. 

Did you want a refund??

If you don't want stupid comments don't ask ridiculous questions and it maybe an idea  look back to see what was said previously.

Archived