onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

Advert

15 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Good on you.

Personally I think they should have offered full refunds and then it would have been up to people, like your good self, to take them up on it or not or even take a partial refund.

If this was a holiday company holding people’s money without the offer of a refund then people would be up in arms.

My thoughts are this, I brought a season ticket for this season, I have not been offered a refund of sort and because I have not been able to use my season ticket this season then I would like it carried over to next season so I can use it then. Thus I’m not taking any money out of the club they still get to keep what I put in but could not use

And if everyone took them up on the full refund they could then shut the doors, lock the gate, put the club into admin and just wait for the club to die. Save the hassle of having to host those pesky football matches.

Brilliant idea

And a full refund? Have you not been watching iFollow?

Just now, Eddie Ford said:

Why is football different from any business?

Why is ok to leave money in a football club but not any other business ?

Read the ESL thread... either you want football to be 100% business minded or you don't.

I don't.

Also why give people the opportunity to get all their money back when they have been watching iFollow... There are always some people will just try and take advantage.

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

Thank you for backing up my argument.

If football wants to be 100% business minded why should it be different from any other business and get to keep everyone’s money for a service that’s not been provided. 

You can say they are a business and then on the other hand treat the customers totally different to any other business 

You have completely missunderstood my point...

I don't think that football clubs should be businesses, they are the lifeblood of communities hence why im against the ESL. 

Offering a full refund, like other businesses, would bankrupt the club... and therefore its a stupid idea, particuarly in the contet of above. 

Especially when people are trying to sponge by using the ifollow passes and then demanding a FULL refund. Those with genuine financial concerns aside, Its low in my opinion.

You know how to get a fair portion of your money back... its been made quite clear on this thread.

Lets us know how you get on when you contact Carol and good luck getting what you need to make you happy.

Ultimately - if anyone wants some money refunded, whether that's because of being in financial difficulty, want the money back out of principle, or just like the idea of getting some money back, contact the club and they will oblige as it has not been possible to visit the ground for a single game this season.

I personally don't think that anyone can expect all of the money to be refunded as the club has offered alternatives (for example i-follow, free access to match day programmes) which have cost non season ticket holders lots of money over the season and it was also clear that the ground would be closed for a proportion of the season when the tickets were on sale.

There are still lots of people who choose not to ask for a refund because they see this as a way of supporting their local club and helping it to stay afloat in difficult times, an investment for the future shall we say.

I'm not judging anyone who wants a refund because that is an entirely personal decision - but the more people that are able to and want to leave their money in, the better for the club in the long term.

300 quid spent on ifollow plus ten match tickets for me and me lad 20 and a away shirt ,a mug etc and I could use the argument I want use me ten match tickets next year but I do not nor does my son .

I want to put as much money in Vale as i can just awaiting a postcode lottery win then I'll put even more in eventually .

It's my social thing I do not smoke I drink one pint maximum on nights off work and if my tenner I pay helps the clubs out in league two GREAT. 

There so many Vale fans who would never wish to be refunded but those who do fair enough but I'd suggest you ask yourself ,Are you in a position buy something you want back because surely with COVID ongoing you do not buy if your going moan if you cannot go .

Theres always a risk that was  going be the case .

I love Vale I will even though I cannot longer attend regularly be putting my hard earned wages where my mouth is (well heart is really ).

UTV 

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Why is football different from any business?

I refer you to the quote from Sir Bobby Robson which I posted on that ESL thread:

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

That is why football is different from any  business, Eddie.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I refer you to the quote from Sir Bobby Robson which I posted on that ESL thread:

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

That is why football is different from any  business, Eddie.

and the steps he climbed up were paid for by the past and current fans, securing them for the future, and the turf by those same past and current fans, securing it too for the future, and the team they all went to see paid for by the fans......and that was the same last year too....even though we couldn't climb the steps and see the pitch in person.  We could of course all ask for our money back and build houses on that pitch. 

Alternatively we could just move on and be thankful that the fans of the future have steps to climb because of the attitudes of fans like us, and all other lower league clubs in 2020/21. 

Or you could be Eddie.

18 hours ago, Daddy Vale said:

I would of liked the choice of whether to leave my money in the club or refund. I’ve not received any correspondence about an option

Neither did I. I just assumed it was lost money and agree that an option would have been welcome.

How do you know about football business especially when you have been duped over the year. I do not think you have a leg to stand on when it comes to football business with your track record

The more you post the more you sound like Norman Smurthwaite

Archived