onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Should the club put the "loyal Vale" scarves on sale in the shop so every Vale fan can buy one??

Interesting point. Would solve the problem of people feeling like they’re not loyal and missing out on it simply because of finances. But then on the other hand it’s designed as a reward for people and getting a limited edition scarf is a bigger reward. 

Advert

Of course it's on me. But I'm not the only one, who has taken offence by it.
All I'm asking is; why choose such a charged word, when they could have chosen literally 100s of others??
Absolutely no way would I let any other company keep my money regardless of how often I use their services. With port vale its different.

Call it love, stupidity, loyalty, it doesnt really matter. At the end of the day, the only reason my money stayed with them is because of what the club means to me and I can see what Carol has done and thought it's the least I can do to support.

It doesnt mean someone who takes their money back likes them any less or is any less loyal...but committing to a ST in the midst of a pandemic was a very loyal thing to do. You wouldnt buy a flight with BA to support them, even though everyone knows how much that sector have struggled. It's not worth the risk.

43 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I got no reward for investing money in shares and losing it.  I got no reward for buy a lifetime season ticket then having it taken away by our previous owner.  I don't give a stuff about rewards.  I'll still buy a season ticket.

I agree

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Can you post the link to it please 

There is no link. But i don't mind sharing my experience.

I paid 590 for 2 tickets. We watch ifollow together so could of got the 23 games for 230.

I emailed the ticket office on two separate occasions not necessarily for a refund but to get a club standpoint on it. My circumstances then were a lot different to when i was fortunate enough to shell out 590. I had no reply so decided to do a hand written letter to Carol again not for a refund but to see what they felt about supporters in that position.

Out of the blue Carol rang me personally and we had a conversation about all things for about 20 minutes, very easy to talk to absolutely no airs or graces as expected. She said that no fan would be thought of as a worse supporter if they took a refund and she certainly understood everybody was in different financial situation.

So i don't mind telling you that Carol offered me a refund of 150 quid and duly sent me a cheque. The cheque came with a personal thank you letter and a postcard portrait signed by all the players. 

Now am i ashamed to take the money, certainly not , i still paid 440 in total. Would i accept a refund today, no i would not as my financial situation is different .

I will be renewing both tickets again at 590 and have the money ready to buy them.

If i'm totally honest which i am, i was slightly disappointed in the ticket office as i also was in the lack of communication from Vale about the money for Lee Collins , thankfully Jacko and Doha contacted people they knew . The club could definitely improve that aspect.

But to have the actual club owner ring me personally and almost put my mind at rest for receiving a partial refund speaks volumes for the lady.

I hope it doesn't make me a worse fan, so if there is anyone struggling money wise who might need either a partial or total refund they need to try the same as i did. 

Football is very different to say Ryan Air or Argos, there is an emotional attachment, that is why i felt a bit bad contacting them but i feel i've still put a decent amount of money in there so i'm happy with the response from Carol. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I paid 590 for 2 tickets. We watch ifollow together so could of got the 23 games for 230.

I emailed the ticket office on two separate occasions not necessarily for a refund but to get a club standpoint on it. My circumstances then were a lot different to when i was fortunate enough to shell out 590. I had no reply so decided to do a hand written letter to Carol again not for a refund but to see what they felt about supporters in that position.

Out of the blue Carol rang me personally and we had a conversation about all things for about 20 minutes, very easy to talk to absolutely no airs or graces as expected. She said that no fan would be thought of as a worse supporter if they took a refund and she certainly understood everybody was in different financial situation.

So i don't mind telling you that Carol offered me a refund of 150 quid and duly sent me a cheque. The cheque came with a personal thank you letter and a postcard portrait signed by all the players. 

Now am i ashamed to take the money, certainly not , i still paid 440 in total. Would i accept a refund today, no i would not as my financial situation is different .

I will be renewing both tickets again at 590 and have the money ready to buy them.

If i'm totally honest which i am, i was slightly disappointed in the ticket office as i also was in the lack of communication from Vale about the money for Lee Collins , thankfully Jacko and Doha contacted people they knew . The club could definitely improve that aspect.

But to have the actual club owner ring me personally and almost put my mind at rest for receiving a partial refund speaks volumes for the lady.

I hope it doesn't make me a worse fan, so if there is anyone struggling money wise who might need either a partial or total refund they need to try the same as i did. 

Football is very different to say Ryan Air or Argos, there is an emotional attachment, that is why i felt a bit bad contacting them but i feel i've still put a decent amount of money in there so i'm happy with the response from Carol. 

Certainly doesn’t make you a worse fan and no need to feel bad about it. Everyone’s circumstances could change at any point, and it’s been a tough year for a lot of people. I’m glad Carol was able to put your mind at ease.

I don't know how calling fans who've paid for a ST 'loyal' somehow excludes non-ST buying fans from being loyal too. It didn't say 'you are the only loyal fans we have'. Just that we are loyal. Which we are. As are non-ST buying fans.

It was a throwaway line to reinforce that people who have effectively donated hundreds of pounds to the club are 'loyal' fans. If you've read it to mean 'everyone else therefore isn't loyal', then that's your problem. You've manufactured something that doesn't exist. 

Bizarre argument, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

You are not a worse fan, needs are a must.

Did she offer you a full refund or just the £150?

The latter .  I can only speak for myself not anyone else, but the fact she actually took the time to call a fan, not for a 60 seconds ' Oh your cheque is in the post ' but a proper conversation including how my dad took me to Vale as a 4 year old. She was genuinely interested in me as a person not as a customer.

You could argue till the cows come home about whether it should of been more. less or whatever. To me i was happy for the call and happy for a partial refund.

Like i said if she called today i would take no refund as my circumstances are better. 

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

So i don't mind telling you that Carol offered me a refund of 150 quid and duly sent me a cheque.

Ah, so you're the reason we suddenly signed Theo over Maynard 👀

Have you been paying for the home matches on ifollow?

Good on you.
Personally I think they should have offered full refunds and then it would have been up to people, like your good self, to take them up on it or not or even take a partial refund.
If this was a holiday company holding people’s money without the offer of a refund then people would be up in arms.
My thoughts are this, I brought a season ticket for this season, I have not been offered a refund of sort and because I have not been able to use my season ticket this season then I would like it carried over to next season so I can use it then. Thus I’m not taking any money out of the club they still get to keep what I put in but could not use

Archived