onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

It should have been a bigger discount on the actual season ticket.

Have the club offered any type of refund on a season ticket to those that have lost jobs, been furloughed or lost a partner that they relied on the help pay bills?

Yes they have 

Advert

2 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think they could have done something like 5-10% off your season ticket if you renew for the next 5 years. This would have spread the cost and rewarded fans for loyalty. In 5 years time you would have been reminded that the club were grateful for the gift we in effect have given them to help something we love survive.

This way I feel like I am receiving a scarf that I don't really want. It will go to the back of my cupboard and stay there until it gets thrown out and pollutes the environment.

I bought my ticket at the start of February before there was really any indication of the pandemic. My money will be staying with the club to support them. Like others though I must say I feel it is a bit of a token gesture that creates additional expenses to the club to give people what they don't really want.

Problem with that is you’d be looking at a loss of earnings of around 500k with that discount which a club of our size simply can’t afford.

Have the club offered any type of refund on a season ticket to those that have lost jobs, been furloughed or lost a partner that they relied on the help pay bills?

As I pointed out to another poster, a club of our size simply can’t afford to offer a bigger discount. Say we offered 10% off next years season ticket. That would mean the club loses over 100k in potential revenue if everyone was to renew their season ticket. That is a huge loss of potential earnings that we cannot afford.

How much of a discount would you have been happy with?

29 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

She would have to say that, wouldn't she. 
I'm sorry, but the word is very very poorly chosen! No matter how she explains it or try to justify it, the club has now created 2 section of fans. The 'loyals' and the 'not loyals'. Very very poorly done, when so many other words are available!

In your head.

I’m sorry but this is making a mountain of a molehill and you being offended by it is on you.

18 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

In your head.

I’m sorry but this is making a mountain of a molehill and you being offended by it is on you.

Of course it's on me. But I'm not the only one, who has taken offence by it.
All I'm asking is; why choose such a charged word, when they could have chosen literally 100s of others??

8 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

All I'm asking is; why choose such a charged word, when they could have chosen literally 100s of others??

What other word would you have chosen?

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I dont want a scarf either that I have no intention of wearing and it just getting lost in the back of the cupboard somewhere.

Are we really going to have 4000 wearing scarfs next season?

it's bloody cold at the vale in the winter get thee scarf round thee neck 😄

Mr Danish there is no doubt about your loyalty and commitment to the club you get on a plane to come watch matches and spend a hell of a lot of money with the online shop. But you are focusing on the word and not the sentence its was addressed to fans who kept their money in the club which is season ticket holders. Carol has repeatedly praised the loyalty of fans like yourself buying shirts and other products including match passes for ifollow. The next time you are over and at Vale park I will meet up with you and I will give you my scarf because I know your loyal you know your loyal and the club certainly knows it and now or at least once you get here you will have a scarf to prove it.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

What other word would you have chosen?

How about a simple "thank you"? 
That's easy to understand, and is in no way as loaded a word as 'loyal'. It's what they mean, but word so very very poorly. 
I know it's my own choice to take offence by that word, and I also know that because I'm offended, it doesn't mean I'm right.
It doesn't make me feel any less of the club, make me want to travel over any less or stop me from buying a ST next season. It just gave me a lump in my throat, because the word is so strong. Think about it; 'loyal', that is to me, a very very important word as a supporter. And to not be deemed as loyal, got to me.
Because the club officially stated, that the supporters that left their ST money in the club are the loyal ones, that excluded me. No matter how you try to explain it, that is what happened, those are the facts. Sorry, but it is.

12 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

How about a simple "thank you"? 
That's easy to understand, and is in no way as loaded a word as 'loyal'. It's what they mean, but word so very very poorly. 
I know it's my own choice to take offence by that word, and I also know that because I'm offended, it doesn't mean I'm right.
It doesn't make me feel any less of the club, make me want to travel over any less or stop me from buying a ST next season. It just gave me a lump in my throat, because the word is so strong. Think about it; 'loyal', that is to me, a very very important word as a supporter. And to not be deemed as loyal, got to me.
Because the club officially stated, that the supporters that left their ST money in the club are the loyal ones, that excluded me. No matter how you try to explain it, that is what happened, those are the facts. Sorry, but it is.

No one said they are the “loyal ones”... she said they were loyal. Which is right.

Either way... not much to do about it now and maybe just come at it with an open heart and take it in the context it was intended.

22 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

No one said they are the “loyal ones”... she said they were loyal. Which is right.

Either way... not much to do about it now and maybe just come at it with an open heart and take it in the context it was intended.

This point exactly^^^ Those who didn't get their season tickets refunded are 100% loyal Port Vale supporters, and calling them such is absolutely correct in my opinion and the Club have chosen an absolutely appropriate word, lets celebrate those loyal supporters and what they did with Carol and the club.  It doesn't in any way mean that those of us who didn't leave the money in are not loyal.

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

Problem with that is you’d be looking at a loss of earnings of around 500k with that discount which a club of our size simply can’t afford.

What is the cost including staff hours of designing banners, scarves packing and distributing 4000 loyalty boxes and handing out expired season tickets?

5% of 4000 season tickets at £300 is £60000 a year or 1 players wages (£300000 spread out over 5 years) which could also be offset by an increase in the price, and would in effect be less due to juniors and seniors paying less for their tickets.

All 4000 could have asked for a refund but instead want to leave their money invested into the club, most have probably given the club even more money in away match passes would giving them £15 off a year for 5 years really be that bad. Finances have been tight but we have still spent money sacking managers and their staff, loaning players that have barely featured, making players that we are paying ineligible by choosing to sign others. 

I'm very grateful that the owners have made these financial sacrifices but feel like getting a scarf, a couple of shirts and 50 match passes for the £700ish I have spent with them this year is a bit of a token gesture when I didn't really expect much in the first place. Whenever I look in the club shop I struggle to find things which I would be happy to buy despite the fact that I am in there primarily to find a way to give money to the club, so discounts and vouchers in there aren't much use.

Even something simple like a free hot drink at every home game for a year would cost them next to nothing and may have even increased takings through additional food sales.

Who'd own a football club with miserable gits like me? 

12 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

What is the cost including staff hours of designing banners, scarves packing and distributing 4000 loyalty boxes and handing out expired season tickets?

5% of 4000 season tickets at £300 is £60000 a year or 1 players wages (£300000 spread out over 5 years) which could also be offset by an increase in the price, and would in effect be less due to juniors and seniors paying less for their tickets.

All 4000 could have asked for a refund but instead want to leave their money invested into the club, most have probably given the club even more money in away match passes would giving them £15 off a year for 5 years really be that bad. Finances have been tight but we have still spent money sacking managers and their staff, loaning players that have barely featured, making players that we are paying ineligible by choosing to sign others. 

I'm very grateful that the owners have made these financial sacrifices but feel like getting a scarf, a couple of shirts and 50 match passes for the £700ish I have spent with them this year is a bit of a token gesture when I didn't really expect much in the first place. Whenever I look in the club shop I struggle to find things which I would be happy to buy despite the fact that I am in there primarily to find a way to give money to the club, so discounts and vouchers in there aren't much use.

Even something simple like a free hot drink at every home game for a year would cost them next to nothing and may have even increased takings through additional food sales.

Who'd own a football club with miserable gits like me? 

Again the problem with things like the hot drink is that’s losing them £50 per season ticket holder per season if everyone was to take full advantage of it. That’s 200k. I understand what you’re saying but realistically we just can’t afford to do anything more than we have. You can use your club shop voucher on your season ticket next year if you don’t want to buy anything from the shop, which is what I’ll be doing.

Archived