onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

49 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

The problem is, you can't 'non-communicate'. When you use such a biased word as 'loyal' to describe a specific number of fans, at the same time you create a different category to describe those not in that category, as 'not loyal'. It's very very basic narrative communication. To describe one group of people as ie. 'good', at the same time that creates a 'bad'. The same goes if they (which I really don't think they'll do, as I don't think they care about it), comes out and say "oh we didn't mean to say you're not loyal, if you didn't have a ST for one reason or another". Because then what are the people, they started describing as loyal?  

Overthinking it

Advert

48 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Yes, you REALLY do save £10. But the club doesn't REALLY lose £10. That's all I'm trying to explain. Not trying to be polemic, just explaining how this actually works. It's great and not trying to put it down.

Given your focus on the importance of words tonight... your choice of the word “lose” to describe the transaction from the clubs post of view is fascinating.

In no world can I imagine not being happy because the club haven’t lost enough to make me feel even with them.

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Given your focus on the importance of words tonight... your choice of the word “lose” to describe the transaction from the clubs post of view is fascinating.

In no world can I imagine not being happy because the club haven’t lost enough to make me feel even with them.

I don't want the club to lose money. I replied to a post that made it sound like Carol would be standing at the door, giving away 4000 10 pund notes, out of her own pocket. I just tried to say, that of course she's not! if you ie. buy a shirt, and use your voucher for that, the club will still make a profit from that transaction. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL, but the club is not turning in to an ATM, that's all I'm saying.

Just now, Danish Valiant said:

I don't want the club to lose money. I replied to a post that made it sound like Carol almost gave away 10 x 4000 punds. I just tried to say, that of course she doesn't! if you ie. buy a shirt, and use your voucher for that, the club will still make a profit from that transaction. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL, but the club is not turning in to an ATM, that's all I'm saying.

Maybe words aren’t as important as you made out then, and it’s frustrating when people misinterpret what you say.

Oh and the club will make exactly £10 less profit on that shirt transaction than they normally would by the way.

Now if you are going to boil it down to people who wouldn’t have bought a shirt and decided not to use it off the price of their season ticket... then it feels like you are thin slicing the examples until you find one that looks bad.

56 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Slightly off topic, but anyone know the plans for IFollow next season for those unable to attend; will we still be able to purchase matches, or was this a one season covid fix?

The usual restriction within the UK i.e. Saturday 15.00 - 17.15 has been suspended for the period when ground access is not permitted.  I would expect it to be applied when attendances  are permitted.

11 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I don't want the club to lose money. I replied to a post that made it sound like Carol would be standing at the door, giving away 4000 10 pund notes, out of her own pocket. I just tried to say, that of course she's not! if you ie. buy a shirt, and use your voucher for that, the club will still make a profit from that transaction. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL, but the club is not turning in to an ATM, that's all I'm saying.

If all 4000 fans got season tickets again, and used the £10 voucher off  would the club be £40,000 worse off than if she did not give the vouchers? Yes,  So she is giving £10s away

24 minutes ago, Properman said:

If all 4000 fans got season tickets again, and used the £10 voucher off  would the club be £40,000 worse off than if she did not give the vouchers? Yes,  So she is giving £10s away

But I'll be getting one next season for the first time (born and living in Denmark), so there's 400 new punds 😁

Only if the fans buy something that they were already going to buy.

I think they could have done something like 5-10% off your season ticket if you renew for the next 5 years. This would have spread the cost and rewarded fans for loyalty. In 5 years time you would have been reminded that the club were grateful for the gift we in effect have given them to help something we love survive.

This way I feel like I am receiving a scarf that I don't really want. It will go to the back of my cupboard and stay there until it gets thrown out and pollutes the environment.

I bought my ticket at the start of February before there was really any indication of the pandemic. My money will be staying with the club to support them. Like others though I must say I feel it is a bit of a token gesture that creates additional expenses to the club to give people what they don't really want.

I think they have done all they could afford to do without putting the club at risk financially. If they were refunding people for the product on offer not being value for money then I want my last 5 years season ticket money back because it wasn't even value for the money when we were there watching it. I think we all knew that this years purchase was more of a donation to keep the club alive. We practically begged her to buy the club the least we can do in my eyes is not begrudge her the £60 extra we ended up paying.

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Nothing makes Eddie happy.

With regard to the loyal/not loyal debate, Carol was on Radio Stoke tonight saying that all fans were valued equally.

She would have to say that, wouldn't she. 
I'm sorry, but the word is very very poorly chosen! No matter how she explains it or try to justify it, the club has now created 2 section of fans. The 'loyals' and the 'not loyals'. Very very poorly done, when so many other words are available!

Archived