onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I get what you are saying but I think you may be being a little overly precious here... no one has said their is a lack of loyalty if you didn’t have a season ticket because people’s circumstances are all different. All that has been said is that those who did get a season ticket showed loyalty... which is true.

You cannot infer an opinion on yourself based on someone’s opinion of someone else.

The problem is, you can't 'non-communicate'. When you use such a biased word as 'loyal' to describe a specific number of fans, at the same time you create a different category to describe those not in that category, as 'not loyal'. It's very very basic narrative communication. To describe one group of people as ie. 'good', at the same time that creates a 'bad'. The same goes if they (which I really don't think they'll do, as I don't think they care about it), comes out and say "oh we didn't mean to say you're not loyal, if you didn't have a ST for one reason or another". Because then what are the people, they started describing as loyal?  

Advert

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

It REALLY is 10 quid though! If a shirt costs £40 and you use your voucher and get it for £30 that REALLY is a £10 saving. The fact that it may have cost the club less than half of that is irrelevant.

When we went through the first wave of games being cancelled, a friend of mine had a season ticket for Sunderland. Sunderland were due to play at Blackpool, but it was cancelled. Sunderland refused to refund any money "because it wasn't their fault"...and the rail company refused to refund the extortionate ticket cost, because she could still travel - even though the purpose for the travel had been taken away. Businesses act differently - I think the Shanahans have been megastars throughout this crisis, and have acted with integrity and fairness, and thought for the fans and the community - I believe this is a continuation of that ethos! 

Well done...and thank you...Carol and Kevin!

Yes, you REALLY do save £10. But the club doesn't REALLY lose £10. That's all I'm trying to explain. Not trying to be polemic, just explaining how this actually works. It's great and not trying to put it down.

Slightly off topic, but anyone know the plans for IFollow next season for those unable to attend; will we still be able to purchase matches, or was this a one season covid fix?
I would be surprised if the general access continued once fans are allowed back. That said, if you really can't get to games, there's always IPTV (which, I should say, is illegal)

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Hoppers said:
Slightly off topic, but anyone know the plans for IFollow next season for those unable to attend; will we still be able to purchase matches, or was this a one season covid fix?

I would be surprised if the general access continued once fans are allowed back. That said, if you really can't get to games, there's always IPTV.

Phil, it’s a very good question. If it’s cheaper than going to games, some fans will be forced to do this. If one person purchased it and three ppl watch it, the only losers will be PVFC owners. Imagine if more than more than a handful of ppl gathered to watch it on a single purchase

19 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

No, you can't. (even those season-ticket holders that have been unable to see any games this season as they don't have internet access........yes, there are some!)

I thought you were able to get a refund on your season ticket, at least of the total that you payed extra over the price of all the match passes?

I knew what I signed up for this season when I bought my ticket. There was nothing from the government to suggest when exactly fans would be allowed in. I think we all assumed fans would be back at some point, but I was very aware of the fact that it was possible we’d only see a few games. As it happens we’ve seen none. I knew what the risks were when I bought my ticket. I don’t then expect the club to be giving us loads of money’s worth of goodies to reward me when they’ve lost over a million quid.

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, it’s a very good question. If it’s cheaper than going to games, some fans will be forced to do this. If one person purchased it and three ppl watch it, the only losers will be PVFC owners. Imagine if more than more than a handful of ppl gathered to watch it on a single purchase

I would imagine it would go back to the system prior to the pandemic due to the reasons you outlined. 

Just now, Hoppers said:

what was the system pre-pandemic? - iv only been using ifollow a couple of months

I can’t 100% remember, but it was along the lines of this. If you live in the UK, Saturdays are blocked out and you can’t buy a match pass, only a pass for the radio coverage.

You used to be able to watch Tuesday night away games prior to the pandemic even if you lived in the UK. That may have also been expanded to any Tuesday night game including home, but I can’t remember so don’t quote me on that.

Definitely though you could not watch Saturdays and could watch Tuesday night away games.

I can’t 100% remember, but it was along the lines of this. If you live in the UK, Saturdays are blocked out and you can’t buy a match pass, only a pass for the radio coverage.
You used to be able to watch Tuesday night away games prior to the pandemic even if you lived in the UK. That may have also been expanded to any Tuesday night game including home, but I can’t remember so don’t quote me on that.
Definitely though you could not watch Saturdays and could watch Tuesday night away games.

Non Saturday games were streamed for a tenner (home or away) and occasional Saturdays on international weekends bizarrely!

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Dont get me wrong, this is a tricky time for every club that’s going to put season tickets on sale. In a world where unemployment is at its highest, people have been placed on furlough,  I would just expect a little more than giving out a scarf to people that have left season ticket money in the club.

She is giving more than a scarf 

Archived