onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket announcement?

PVFC_4_EVA

I’m very disappointed in the context of the 10 game ticket holders. In the end we paid the same as a season ticket holder for what they got. (First 12 home league games charged at £10 - £120 plus your £180 which covered the last 11 games so value for money wise left £70 in the club).

Not a single mention of the 10 gamers on the press release in terms of the loyalty and I emailed to clarify the situation for 10 gamers I was told I wouldn’t get anything but would be eligible for a scarf. It’s not about the vouchers or tickets but recognition of those who purchased would have been nice. I’ve thrown loads of money at the club to help (all bar one away games, all cup games, 5 of the 6 shirts, training gear etc etc) to help the club out but we’ve kind of been forgotten by the club a bit.

I think it’s a good gesture to the ST holders though and on a par with say Mansfield who did a free third strip for them in financial value with £20 of tickets, £10 voucher and scarf.

Advert

34 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

It's not REALLY 10 quid though, as we all know the items for sale, don't cost the club what the costumer pays. A common rule is, that an item costs a store about 1/3 of the price you pay. Some a little more, some a little less.

You can take it off the price of your season ticket.

and if it is off an item in the shop, unless the vale are running a leading stock management system the product will have been made and paid for... And will be a sunk cost. Rev will be down £10

Don’t get why some are complaining on twitter and the like. Can get your money back if you want. I for one decided to leave my money in the club because I’m fortunate enough to afford to be able to and don’t want my club going bust. 

I didn’t expect anything from the club in return. As others have noted, the club is over a million down as Carol has stated. What do people expect to be given? I’ll happily take a tenner off my season ticket and an exclusive scarf. 

I'm a ten matcher myself,great what Carol his doing for season ticket holders ,I was always brought up something is better that nothing and whatever you get be thankful for .

I am not deserving of anything nor do I want anything .

Supporting a football club is money you hand over to them ,there are no guarantees what you going watch is remotely good but that's not the reason folk go ,folk go as i always have to get behind the team and no amount of money beats a tremendous atmosphere with the away end filling up etc and a few pre  match beverages in and around the town and that feeling when they play well and you were there witness it .

People buy into that more thanthe football .

UTV 

Just now, Eddie Ford said:

No it’s not. How much do things cost in the club shop? A replica shirt for the club that buy is around £17. How much do they retail at

Those desperate to get the maximum value off Carol can claim it off their season ticket.

I think it is good deal for season ticket holders. I’m not buying into this rubbish of loyalty scarf, postcard signed by Carol, VIP meal with C&K, absolutely ridiculous, this comes over as complete arrogance and sends out the wrong message. All clubs will have no money.

As others have said no ten game ticket, which weren’t a great discount and fans would buy tickets when their ten gamer burnt out. If purchased in midweek £20 or £22 on the day. 
We live in a 24/7, 365 society and ppl would have purchased this ticket to tailor around work and family commitments. Some perhaps wouldn’t use all ten and wouldn’t mind the club having the money. If the ten game ticket deal  game ticket isn’t on the table, make it a twelve game ticket then I feel this will bite them in the backside. Ppl will look at where they are in the league, weather conditions, opponents and if not successful they won’t go to VP. I’d recommend that this issue is discussed and a reply made public.

Yes Carol deserves a medal but by announcing publicly how many meals they’ve knocked out, doesn’t this tell you that ppl are struggling and that very few ppl have money to go to football matches. For many going to football isn’t a necessity but putting food on the table and paying other household bills is a necessity. To my knowledge no ones ever died of not attending a sporting event. 

10 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

She should be looking after those that have spent money on a season ticket for this season much better than she’s offered today

That’s a different point and one of personal opinion.

Im happy... Season ticket locked in for me. £10 off one of the new shirts. 

For me the feeling of helping Carol and the club through this tough time was enough of a ‘bonus’.

I didn’t expect anything... the fact that Carol has done something is more than enough.

18 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think it is good deal for season ticket holders. I’m not buying into this rubbish of loyalty scarf, postcard signed by Carol, VIP meal with C&K, absolutely ridiculous, this comes over as complete arrogance and sends out the wrong message. All clubs will have no money.

As others have said no ten game ticket, which weren’t a great discount and fans would buy tickets when their ten gamer burnt out. If purchased in midweek £20 or £22 on the day. 
We live in a 24/7, 365 society and ppl would have purchased this ticket to tailor around work and family commitments. Some perhaps wouldn’t use all ten and wouldn’t mind the club having the money. If the ten game ticket deal  game ticket isn’t on the table, make it a twelve game ticket then I feel this will bite them in the backside. Ppl will look at where they are in the league, weather conditions, opponents and if not successful they won’t go to VP. I’d recommend that this issue is discussed and a reply made public.

Yes Carol deserves a medal but by announcing publicly how many meals they’ve knocked out, doesn’t this tell you that ppl are struggling and that very few ppl have money to go to football matches. For many going to football isn’t a necessity but putting food on the table and paying other household bills is a necessity. To my knowledge no ones ever died of not attending a sporting event. 

How’s it arrogant? Small reward for people who kept their money in the club with a scarf. Postcard signed by the owner which is the owner giving a personal touch to show their appreciation. And a chance to have a VIP match experience. Really don’t understand your problem tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Dont get me wrong, this is a tricky time for every club that’s going to put season tickets on sale. In a world where unemployment is at its highest, people have been placed on furlough,  I would just expect a little more than giving out a scarf to people that have left season ticket money in the club.

Why though? There was no promise of anything if you left your money in. I don’t understand why people expect something when they can get their money back if they want and the club is a million quid down.

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

It's not REALLY 10 quid though, as we all know the items for sale, don't cost the club what the costumer pays. A common rule is, that an item costs a store about 1/3 of the price you pay. Some a little more, some a little less.

It REALLY is 10 quid though! If a shirt costs £40 and you use your voucher and get it for £30 that REALLY is a £10 saving. The fact that it may have cost the club less than half of that is irrelevant.

When we went through the first wave of games being cancelled, a friend of mine had a season ticket for Sunderland. Sunderland were due to play at Blackpool, but it was cancelled. Sunderland refused to refund any money "because it wasn't their fault"...and the rail company refused to refund the extortionate ticket cost, because she could still travel - even though the purpose for the travel had been taken away. Businesses act differently - I think the Shanahans have been megastars throughout this crisis, and have acted with integrity and fairness, and thought for the fans and the community - I believe this is a continuation of that ethos! 

Well done...and thank you...Carol and Kevin!

Archived