onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EGM Update 3

NLVMalc

Advert

Cheers Tim, After this long mate i cant smell it anymore. Spoke to the 2 Jases the other day, trying to get us all together for a few around burslem then a few after the game for old times sake, may even venture to a few of the old haunts, will let you know when i get a date mate...you up for it??

Good work NLV

Give me a bell at work tomorow mate 9621 88869.

I am majorly grateful to all concerned in this initiative, the board must be well pee'd off.

I imagine the board will be up to dirty tricks though, probably 'buy' a load of shares for themselves before the egm and then refund them after, wouldnt even trust them to count the votes fairly.

Could NLV call an independant adjudicator to count the votes and mc proceedings? dont want sour face Lodey running the show on the boards terms!

We will have our own legal representative at the EGM, I'm sure Mo will be represented too. I expected there to be 400+ shareholders in attendance to ensure that everything is done properly.

It is for the board to call the EGM when requested by the shareholders.

Will there be a Stoke fan in attendance - who knows.

I will certainly keep an eye on who attempts to use the Broxap shares.

Look forward to a call from Mr Plant now you have put your number on here.I bet you cant wait.;)

I think his pants might turn a shade of brown, when I normal answer the phone in work it goes something like this. 'Sgt McNicholas, Defence Crisis Management Center' :ninja:

I think his pants might turn a shade of brown, when I normal answer the phone in work it goes something like this. 'Sgt McNicholas, Defence Crisis Management Center' :ninja:

He might need a few lessons in crisis management,another reason for a call from him.Only on such an occasion it would be very much "Ay up mate,how ya doin ......."

I can confirm that we have been busy behind the scenes and have made some significant progress in our aim of getting the board to call an EGM.

We have been able to confirm through our legal team that the club, Port Vale (Valiant 2001) Football Club Limited, have to provide us with a copy of the share register when issued with a section 116 request under the 2006 Companies Act.

We needed to provide certain information as part of the request. This has been done and include the reasons for the request. This we have made as broad as possible detailing:

The information is to be used for the following proper purposes:

- general representations about the general activities and management of the company; and

- communications in connection with the exercise of member rights under the Companies Act 2006, such as gathering support for a requisition, circulating a member’s statement relating to resolutions to be put to a shareholder meeting.

The club can not ignore this request:

"Where the Company (V2001 in this case) receives a section 116 request, it has five working days from receipt of that request to allow inspection and/or provide a copy of the register, or, if it believes that the request is not made for a proper purpose, to refer the request to the court. The Company cannot simply ignore a section 116 request, even if it believes the request is made for an improper purpose. If ignored, the Company and every officer in default is liable to a fine, and, in the case of continued contravention, a daily default fine."

The FA need to see any proposed changes in articles and we have a few of these. This will be done tomorrow and we expect confirmation within a couple of days. Share requisition letters will then be sent out to the shareholders.

This is now getting exciting and the 'calling of the board to account' is ready to be made. Let's make sure tomorrow night we are loud and proud once more as we let the board know "We want our club back!" =========

I would you like to say, on a personal note, thank you and all involved for everything that you are working on and plan to work on for the good of 'our' club.

Hopefully I speak for most people on here when I say that your efforts are very much appreciated.

Archived