onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scousers at it again

Mario

Advert

13 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Crewe. As foul as the Liverpool fans' defence of Suarez was, I've not seen any of them belittling the experience of the victims of a paedophile or defending a man banned from football due to being a risk to children.

That’s a bit unfair I think, all the Crewe supporters I have spoken to admit that the club have handled this badly.

4 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

If you put average income in Anfield next to the price of a LFC season ticket you get some idea of attendance levels of the local community at home games. A lot North of Edge Lane is amongst the most deprived areas in the country. I used to live in Anfield, it was dire. Lots of bored kids, lots of building debris. No motorways.

The ground is surrounded by terraced streets, so very easy to conceal yourself and formulate your get away. This will be local scum who may attach themselves to the club as they have Scouse accents and the club is successful. Having attended a game at Anfield I can’t say I identified too many Scouse accents, plenty of Scandinavian. 

During my Northern Soul/Torch days we  met a couple of scousers at the Wheel and became friends. They were passionate Liverpool supporters and knowledgeable football fans, always wanting to talk footie, always asking about and interested in the Vale, two really good lads. Since those days Liverpool became my fav "1st Div team".

As someone else has said, you can't tar the whole fan base due to a few idiots.

Viz a viz the Champions Lge, this Jude Bellingham looks a tremendous player, what a superb goal vs Man City. Seen him a few times now and he has so much time on the ball, he looks like the midfield player England are desperate for.

On 14/04/2021 at 21:29, valefan79 said:

Maybe I am biased as I used to go Anfield about 8 - 10 times a season when Vale weren't playing but they are some of the passionate supporters anywhere in the world and occasionally it crosses the line on a European night when away coaches are on route to the ground.  I certainly would not put Liverpool into the cateogy of supporters like West Ham, Millwall, Spurs and many more, I have rarely seen any trouble at matches there.  My dad always tells me of when he was there in the 60s and how they applauded the Vale off the pitch and when those supporters are back in the ground, they are probably one of the few supporters who will applaud visiting keepers and players if they have a blinder.

You are quite right about applauding the vale off the pitch at Anfield i was there although it was mostly they were applauding Ken Hancock. The replay though is a different matter  me and my father were waiting at the turnstile to get in the hamil road end of the ground when all of a sudden a rope ladder was thrown over the wall the liverpool supporters were climbing over cars cars to get in then suddenly they broke through the double doors of the hamil end how many got in that way nobody will ever know how any body did not get hurt on the hamil that night is unbelivable.I was also at anfield when we took 9,000 for the match we drew 2 each we decided to go in car what a mistake that was we parked up and all of a sudden four lads appeared and said do you want us to look after your car it will cost a fiver we thought better pay or fear the worse when we returned lucky enough after the match the car was untouched.But the most scary thing happened while driving from the ground we had a vale scarf in the back window of the car within five minutes of leaving the ground we had to stop at traffic lights a car pulled up beside us with four youths in it they looked across at us and the guy in the passenger seat nodded and held up a sledgehammer needless to say i put my foot down and got out of the place asap so don't speak to me about our wonderful liverpool fans they should all walk alone for me.

5 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

During my Northern Soul/Torch days we  met a couple of scousers at the Wheel and became friends. They were passionate Liverpool supporters and knowledgeable football fans, always wanting to talk footie, always asking about and interested in the Vale, two really good lads. Since those days Liverpool became my fav "1st Div team".

As someone else has said, you can't tar the whole fan base due to a few idiots.

Viz a viz the Champions Lge, this Jude Bellingham looks a tremendous player, what a superb goal vs Man City. Seen him a few times now and he has so much time on the ball, he looks like the midfield player England are desperate for.

Re.Jude  Bellingham; it's hard to understand how he was underneath the radar of English clubs while he was at Birmingham City and instead he was signed up by a German club.

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Re.Jude  Bellingham; it's hard to understand how he was underneath the radar of English clubs while he was at Birmingham City and instead he was signed up by a German club.

I think the big clubs wanted him; United definitely were interested.

Bellingham, wisely, chose to go to a club who would guarantee him minutes at a high-level, following the lead of Sancho who benefitted from a similar move.

2 hours ago, hamilboy said:

You are quite right about applauding the vale off the pitch at Anfield i was there although it was mostly they were applauding Ken Hancock. The replay though is a different matter  me and my father were waiting at the turnstile to get in the hamil road end of the ground when all of a sudden a rope ladder was thrown over the wall the liverpool supporters were climbing over cars cars to get in then suddenly they broke through the double doors of the hamil end how many got in that way nobody will ever know how any body did not get hurt on the hamil that night is unbelivable.I was also at anfield when we took 9,000 for the match we drew 2 each we decided to go in car what a mistake that was we parked up and all of a sudden four lads appeared and said do you want us to look after your car it will cost a fiver we thought better pay or fear the worse when we returned lucky enough after the match the car was untouched.But the most scary thing happened while driving from the ground we had a vale scarf in the back window of the car within five minutes of leaving the ground we had to stop at traffic lights a car pulled up beside us with four youths in it they looked across at us and the guy in the passenger seat nodded and held up a sledgehammer needless to say i put my foot down and got out of the place asap so don't speak to me about our wonderful liverpool fans they should all walk alone for me.

At least they learned their lesson and never did anything like that ever again.

22 hours ago, Joe B said:

I think the big clubs wanted him; United definitely were interested.

Bellingham, wisely, chose to go to a club who would guarantee him minutes at a high-level, following the lead of Sancho who benefitted from a similar move.

Thanks for the explanation. Still seems a pity that his potential could only be realised in a foreign league and not the Premiership--I guess it shows the myopic outlook of some of the big clubs!

On 16/04/2021 at 09:22, hamilboy said:

You are quite right about applauding the vale off the pitch at Anfield i was there although it was mostly they were applauding Ken Hancock. The replay though is a different matter  me and my father were waiting at the turnstile to get in the hamil road end of the ground when all of a sudden a rope ladder was thrown over the wall the liverpool supporters were climbing over cars cars to get in then suddenly they broke through the double doors of the hamil end how many got in that way nobody will ever know how any body did not get hurt on the hamil that night is unbelivable.

I was on Lorne Street for the replay and saw it happen. To me the reason why nobody died in the crowd surge was because the surge was sideways across the Railway Paddock, and keeping your footing is easier than surging down steps  as at Ibrox or terracing at Hillsborough.

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I was on Lorne Street for the replay and saw it happen. To me the reason why nobody died in the crowd surge was because the surge was sideways across the Railway Paddock, and keeping your footing is easier than surging down steps  as at Ibrox or terracing at Hillsborough.

We always stood 3/4 back on the hamil end same that night there was a surge because i ended up at the bottom by the wall that is why a lot of people that night ended up on the running track around the pitch.

Archived