onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scousers at it again

Mario

Advert

Anfield’s a tough neighbourhood, not necessarily supporters. I remember a story about a Man City fan parking near the ground and a little boy asking if he could look after the car. The guy said “it’s ok, there’s a Rottweiller in the back. The kid asked “can it put out fires?”

6 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Anfield’s a tough neighbourhood, not necessarily supporters. I remember a story about a Man City fan parking near the ground and a little boy asking if he could look after the car. The guy said “it’s ok, there’s a Rottweiller in the back. The kid asked “can it put out fires?”

Olduns are the best

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Crewe. As foul as the Liverpool fans' defence of Suarez was, I've not seen any of them belittling the experience of the victims of a paedophile or defending a man banned from football due to being a risk to children.

Thinking about violence and disorder, Crewe fall into a different catergory 

34 minutes ago, Mario said:

Bricked the Real madrid coach on it's way Anfield, is there a more horrible bunch of supporters ?

Maybe I am biased as I used to go Anfield about 8 - 10 times a season when Vale weren't playing but they are some of the passionate supporters anywhere in the world and occasionally it crosses the line on a European night when away coaches are on route to the ground.  I certainly would not put Liverpool into the cateogy of supporters like West Ham, Millwall, Spurs and many more, I have rarely seen any trouble at matches there.  My dad always tells me of when he was there in the 60s and how they applauded the Vale off the pitch and when those supporters are back in the ground, they are probably one of the few supporters who will applaud visiting keepers and players if they have a blinder.

16 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

My dad always tells me of when he was there in the 60s and how they applauded the Vale off the pitch and when those supporters are back in the ground, they are probably one of the few supporters who will applaud visiting keepers and players if they have a blinder.

Im sure the days of applauding visiting players has gone now yes in the 60's these days they tend to throw bricks and fireworks at visiting coaches such as Man City tonight Real madrid and the thing is they are allowed to get away with it.

5 minutes ago, Mario said:

Im sure the days of applauding visiting players has gone now yes in the 60's these days they tend to throw bricks and fireworks at visiting coaches such as Man City tonight Real madrid and the thing is they are allowed to get away with it.

Was at Anfield a couple of years back and to see Ronaldo who you would think would get slaughtered having played for United receive a standing ovation I could not believe, one of the few clubs to appreciate quality when you see it.  Anfield is a truly deprived area and lots of these people who throw bricks and other missiles at the coahces have probably never set foot in the ground, it's completely wrong but when you have passionate supporters like they do it sometimes crosses the line.

14 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Was at Anfield a couple of years back and to see Ronaldo who you would think would get slaughtered having played for United receive a standing ovation I could not believe, one of the few clubs to appreciate quality when you see it.  Anfield is a truly deprived area and lots of these people who throw bricks and other missiles at the coahces have probably never set foot in the ground, it's completely wrong but when you have passionate supporters like they do it sometimes crosses the line.

Spot on

38 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I find it very difficult to believe they have never set foot in anfield tbh.  If they wanted to brick vehicles, they could go to a bridge. No doubt in my mind they were. " supporterz".  Will never be proved cos never any arrests

If you put average income in Anfield next to the price of a LFC season ticket you get some idea of attendance levels of the local community at home games. A lot North of Edge Lane is amongst the most deprived areas in the country. I used to live in Anfield, it was dire. Lots of bored kids, lots of building debris. No motorways.

Archived