Rumour Manny off to Chesterfield ?

This just clarifies that some players simply don't play enough games for us. Legge has played way more than some of our injury prone players despite being sent to Coventry for a while.

Screenshot_20210414-114129.png

Advert:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Manny . Thank you .for all your hard work at Port Vale . You played well. For The Vale . . With Best wishes .for your Future. 

Dissapointing,one of the few players at the club who made a serious difference when he played.Best of luck to him.

I think from Manny's perspective this is preferable too. 2 years of security at a commutable club, as opposed to potentially being released and having to up sticks for a 1 year deal somewhere. By all

Posted Images

Proof that Oyeleke basically missed 50% of games this season, Montano a third roughly. 

Smith for all his critics ever present and very rarely injured despite being battered black and blue by big centre forwards. Legge also good appearances and never injured. 

Stats like that don't lie. Some of our crocks put Darren Anderton to shame 

Most as a sub though. It would be interesting to see how many games Monty has actually started and finished. 
Monty has played a total of 7539 minutes for us over 4 seasons, averaging out at 1884.75 per season. Manny played 3653 minutes over 3 seasons, so an average of 1217.66 per season. So, given Manny had a serious injury last season which seriously curtailed his appearances (only 216 minutes), they don't appear that different on a balanced view
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:
Most as a sub though. It would be interesting to see how many games Monty has actually started and finished. 

Monty has played a total of 7539 minutes for us over 4 seasons, averaging out at 1884.75 per season. Manny played 3653 minutes over 3 seasons, so an average of 1217.66 per season. So, given Manny had a serious injury last season which seriously curtailed his appearances (only 216 minutes), they don't appear that different on a balanced view

You can't argue that we should miss out Manny's worst run of injuries whilst including Monty's?

You can't argue that we should miss out Manny's worst run of injuries whilst including Monty's?
I'm just making the point that even with that horrendous season for Manny there's still only roughly 7 games per season difference

Advert:

Not too sad to see him go.  When actually match fit was he one of our better players? Yes. But he was also the least reliable, in a squad that already has a fair few sick notes. Taylor really needs to step it up now and get back to the form he showed last season.

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Yes maybe we canbut nice when you have proper footballers in your team like Oyeleke,I thought our midfield offensively were poor when Manny didnt return ,if that's how we going play without him then I cannot imagine last 5 being nothing other than kick and rush  

Poor that we could have kept him fit and developed him into the best midfielder in league 2 and potentially 1 .

If you getting rid of your influential can create a goal ,score ,and generally make us look a damn good side type of players then you better be sure there replacement is as good if not better  

Please do not let Montano be next 

I'm not disputing that Manny is an excellent addition to our squad when fit.  I just think it's unfair on the other lads, who finished 8th without him last season, to suggest they aren't up to the job without him.

• Like 3

Not too sad to see him go.  When actually match fit was he one of our better players? Yes. But he was also the least reliable, in a squad that already has a fair few sick notes. Taylor really needs to step it up now and get back to the form he showed last season.
The term "Sick note" implies to me that the player mentioned does not want to play and would rather stop at home watching Homes under the Hammer.

In reality, being a professional sportsman he would rather be training and playing on a regular basis.

Sometimes there are reasons why a player is not playing, he might want too but the medics may say no, it might be for personal reasons, I would say every player wants to play every game because it strengthens his hand when contract talks are held and also that's what he does for a living and what he's dreamt of doing since he was a school boy.

I would say every player wants to play every game because it strengthens his hand when contract talks are held and also that's what he does for a living and what he's dreamt of doing since he was a school boy.

You wouldn't think that for most of this squad based on the majority of their appearances this season

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

The term "Sick note" implies to me that the player mentioned does not want to play and would rather stop at home watching Homes under the Hammer.

In reality, being a professional sportsman he would rather be training and playing on a regular basis.

Sometimes there are reasons why a player is not playing, he might want too but the medics may say no, it might be for personal reasons, I would say every player wants to play every game because it strengthens his hand when contract talks are held and also that's what he does for a living and what he's dreamt of doing since he was a school boy.

Well clearly he doesn't get injured purposely. That's common sense. But the fact of the matter is that his career shows that he's seemingly just not capable of putting a long run of games together. I can only see that getting even worse for him down the line and not better unfortunately.

Besides, I'm not quite getting the circle jerk for him here. When he's actually been on the pitch he's had some very good games, some good moments. But he's also had some crap games, probably because he was nowhere near match fit. Which is the main issue with him. If he was anything like as good as some here try to make him out to be then, injury hit or not, he wouldn't be signing for Chesterfield.

Edited by Beech

8 minutes ago, Beech said:

Well clearly he doesn't get injured purposely. That's common sense. But the fact of the matter is that his career shows that he's seemingly just not capable of putting a long run of games together. I can only see that getting even worse for him down the line and not better unfortunately.

Besides, I'm not quite getting the circle jerk for him here. When he's actually been on the pitch he's had some very good games, some good moments. But he's also had some crap games, probably because he was nowhere near match fit. Which is the main issue with him. If he was anything like as good as some here try to make him out to be then, injury hit or not, he wouldn't be signing for Chesterfield.

If he wants make a fist of it as a pro Chesterfield could be his last chance saloon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Am completely sure that Vale will lose last five games without Manny. No confidence in midfield

Really?? .... How many games did he play last season?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mario said:

If he wants make a fist of it as a pro Chesterfield could be his last chance saloon

Knowing our luck he'll probably go there and play 70 games over the next couple of seasons! Just can't see it though. He has obvious ability for this level but his form will always be patchy due to his fitness. (or lack of!)

Edited by Beech

I like Manny as a player. I think we all do.  He made his league debut 9 years ago.  In those 9 years he has a career average of 21 games and 2 goals a season. 

In his 3 years at Port Vale he has a club  average of 21 games and 2 goals a season.

Tom Conlon signed for the club at the same time as Manny and has averaged 36 games a season and 4 goals a season.

Leon Legge also signed at the same time, he averages 38 games and 3 goals a season.

Those stats speak for themselves.

Good luck Manny, I am sure he has a nice contract from Chesterfield that will pay him a good salary to play at that level, for 2 years.  I hope he does well there.  For Port Vale, we need to have a smaller squad of fit, injury free players.  Jake Taylor now has a great opportunity to show that bit of steel the manager wants to see from him.

• Like 4

Advert:

On 13/04/2021 at 13:03, Iron Curtain said:

My take on this is that now we have those resources in place they maybe can say with a high degree of accuracy that he will never get back to playing 40 games a season.

We have had a number of years now where we have taken these gambles and they haven't paid off because we don't have the right people making informed decisions.

We now have the set up... so lets trust its decisions.

To build it and then not trust it because we don't like the feel of its first decision would be counter productive.

Fair enough, I certainly do trust the people we're putting in place, just feels like it would be hard to judge based on the version of Manny that has been mishandled for three years. More than anything I like the guy and it feels so frustrating that we don't get to see how much more he could have done for us with a proper sports science department behind him.

Either way, all academic now, as there's no way we could have offered him two years in any case. All the best to him, (if not to Chesterfield given the way they've gone about things).

Disappointed our best quality in midfield is leaving but understand why. If it wasn’t for the 20/25 player rule I would definitely say bad decision but when we have to reduce the size of our squad I agree we need players who are more likely to be fit for at least 2/3 of a season. I hope Monty isn’t the next to go though. 

On 13/04/2021 at 18:48, Jacko51 said:

Was the decision made by the Vale or the player? 

I've no idea? I imagine he has been told he wouldn't be getting a new contract in the Summer? But, whoever instigated it, i think it's the right decision?