onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumour Manny off to Chesterfield ?

JohnJames

Advert

3 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Am completely sure that Vale will lose last five games without Manny. No confidence in midfield

One man doesn't make a team. Great midfielder yes but other players around him also deserve the credit for the recent run.

I've missed the last couple of games due to work so can't comment but thought Conlon had really stepped up again recently. 

If you look at minutes played he did 14 games this season and 4 the season before. If he's on a couple of grand a week thats 10k a game he's good but not that good. This will be the issue with Pope as well he's working out about 15k a game or 50k a goal this year and this will be the kind of cost to benefit ratios that we will be looking at now we are doing things in the correct manner.

Sad because Manny gives us undoubted quality and strength in midfield. 

His injury record makes him far too big a risk. 

I do think we'll struggle for the final few games without him but DF and DC clearly have a more reliable replacement in mind. 

The first of many to leave over the coming couple of months. Pleased we got a fee for him, even if it was only small. 

41 minutes ago, Walter said:
10 hours ago, Nightwish said:
Hope Chesterfield go up. Anybody except moneybags Stockport.

Chesterfield arent exactly doing it the right way. Furloughing players, taking a million pound loan and then signing loads of new players.

People like Del Boys

23 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Good move for both parties, wish him all the very best, couple of years security with a good contract, top draw player on his day and a great bloke!

Well summed up--I totally agree, but for all his injuries, Manny could have been one of the Vale park legends!

1 hour ago, Walter said:
Hope Chesterfield go up. Anybody except moneybags Stockport.

Chesterfield arent exactly doing it the right way. Furloughing players, taking a million pound loan and then signing loads of new players.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-receive-ps1m-loan-from-government-after-successful-application-3179013

Spot on mate. The government are funding the Chesterfield promotion push so bit disingenuous for people to have a pop at Stockport. 

Has anyone seen or heard any comments from Clarke yet about this ?

I'm really intrigued to hear his take on it. Will give a real insight I feel into the retained list. 

As others have said a bloke who has played every one of our winning run is let go then it's looking grim for numerous players. 

Am completely sure that Vale will lose last five games without Manny. No confidence in midfield

Funnily enough, we were poor before he was subbed on Saturday yet somehow managed to win the game without him. He’s a very good player but we can manage without him. 

14 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Funnily enough, we were poor before he was subbed on Saturday yet somehow managed to win the game without him. He’s a very good player but we can manage without him. 

Yes maybe we canbut nice when you have proper footballers in your team like Oyeleke,I thought our midfield offensively were poor when Manny didnt return ,if that's how we going play without him then I cannot imagine last 5 being nothing other than kick and rush  

Poor that we could have kept him fit and developed him into the best midfielder in league 2 and potentially 1 .

If you getting rid of your influential can create a goal ,score ,and generally make us look a damn good side type of players then you better be sure there replacement is as good if not better  

Please do not let Montano be next 

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Yes maybe we canbut nice when you have proper footballers in your team like Oyeleke,I thought our midfield offensively were poor when Manny didnt return ,if that's how we going play without him then I cannot imagine last 5 being nothing other than kick and rush  

Poor that we could have kept him fit and developed him into the best midfielder in league 2 and potentially 1 .

If you getting rid of your influential can create a goal ,score ,and generally make us look a damn good side type of players then you better be sure there replacement is as good if not better  

Please do not let Montano be next 

Morecambe started the game way better than us on Saturday and Manny was on then. 

We are guilty of painting him out to be something he isn't. I really like Manny he just simply hasn't been value for money has he . A fully fit Manny is one of the best players we've had in recent seasons.

The fact Chesterfield came in for him and not Salford or Bolton speaks volumes. Last night he played against Boreham Wood !! 

It's not career progression for his ability it's a move to guarantee him a job for his family for 2 more years. 

Monty will be in jeopardy mate, pulled out at 1-15 pm on Saturday, Clarke is nobodies fool.

There is going to be a lot of upset people on here come May. 

But do you know what, we've got to suck it up and trust the powers that be.

We all have opinions and that's what this site is for but the only opinions that matter are Clarke and Flitcroft.

Yes he talks the talk but I fully expect a replacement already on the radar for Clarke, football doesn't stand still. 

Monty, Pope, Amoo are 3 potential favourites to go purely on injury record and value for money for minutes played. 

Archived