Rumour Manny off to Chesterfield ?

Advert:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Manny . Thank you .for all your hard work at Port Vale . You played well. For The Vale . . With Best wishes .for your Future. 

Dissapointing,one of the few players at the club who made a serious difference when he played.Best of luck to him.

I think from Manny's perspective this is preferable too. 2 years of security at a commutable club, as opposed to potentially being released and having to up sticks for a 1 year deal somewhere. By all

Posted Images

I don't think he will either

I suspect Monty is very worried right now... I think he won’t be offered a deal.
All depends on what the medical view of him is I guess 
  • Like 1

No bigger Manny fan than me since he's been at Vale and it's both sad and frustrating to see him leave but at the end of the day the head has to rule the heart on this one and given the length of contract at Chesterfield it's probably best for him.

Gives DC the opportunity to bring in a big defensive midfield player.

Best of luck Manny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I love Manny as a player and a bloke.  In an ideal world I'd give him another contract and keep my fingers crossed that he stayed fit.  But we have to be realistic.  Manny is 28.  He made his league debut for Brentford nearly ten years ago.  Since then he has started 51 League games and made 14 sub appearances.  In total, counting all his games in the National League as well, he has started 127 games with 30 as sub.

With reduced squads of over 21s next season I don't think we can afford to take the risk on him.  History suggests he will break down again at some point.  I'd loved a miracle to happen and he suddenly becomes the fittest lad in the squad but it just ain't going to happen.

If Vale were to sign a bloke in June with Manny's career stats and injury record, this forum would combust.

I agree .with what you say . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Happy in a way because he couldn’t have been content being injured, we were frustrated with him not playing and exasperated that he could be winning us games. Hopefully this is best for everyone and we’re making a good business deal, being compassionate to his career and parting on good terms.

Edited by 1
  • Like 3

We said we needed a good clear out this summer with no sentiment, so Manny is the first of what I hope is a few clearing off. 

Loved Manny but he was a cost which we can't afford now with squad sizes. 

I trust Darrell and Dave to bring in much better and Fitter players. 

Keep the faith Dazzer and Flitters know what they are doing. 

UTV

• Like 3

Sad decision for everyone connected with the Vale - but the sensible thing to do, and almost certainly the best deal Manny would have got. So we've taken a small fee and got a wage off the books for a few weeks. It really is a win-win decision!

• Like 3

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Mixed feelings but I'll take off my rose tinted spectacles. 

An easy decision for the player I'd imagine given the length of the deal. A fit Manny gets in 99% of League 2 teams and is a major player. An unfit Manny drains the wage bill, upsets the rhythm of the team and has fans with hearts in mouth every time he's tackled .

Even Saturday in the snow we had people worrying he was injured again when Clarke subbed him.

Clarke and Flitcroft clearly are on the ball with stats etc and were astounded at our injury list in fact perplexed. 

I'm sad and he has my best wishes for his career here. Clarke wasn't prepared to roll the dice on more gambles than necessary.

I trust Clarke to bring someone in more reliable and possibly better. 

Ultimately despite me hoping Chesterfield get back in the League soon he is now a non league footballer with a chronic injury record .

Good luck Manny hope you stay fit but I also trust Clarke totally. 

Edited by darren1810
Spelling error
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Sad decision for everyone connected with the Vale - but the sensible thing to do, and almost certainly the best deal Manny would have got. So we've taken a small fee and got a wage off the books for a few weeks. It really is a win-win decision!

Was the decision made by the Vale or the player? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Dissapointing,one of the few players at the club who made a serious difference when he played.Best of luck to him.

Sadly his injuries have cost us ,as he's no doubt ,the most skilful player at the Vale.Some of his passing and general distribution in the recent winning run has been immense. Good luck to Manny,gutted to see you go but fully understand the reason.Security for your family is paramount nowadays.👏👏👏

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Was the decision made by the Vale or the player? 

I keep reading on here that the medical team have made a decision and DC some comments but not seen them myself. Any idea where they are?

Advert:

21 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

I keep reading on here that the medical team have made a decision and DC some comments but not seen them myself. Any idea where they are?

They are assumptions

41 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

I think what’s actually happened, as it the norm on a fans football forum, is people have been discussing theories of what could have happened. No one as far as I can see has claimed to know exactly what’s going on... which for this forum is a miracle. 

• Like 1