onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumour Manny off to Chesterfield ?

JohnJames

Advert

Every club reckons they will be the club to sort a player out.

Whether it is injuries, attitude, or whatever; their club is different and they'll be able to sort him out. Little changes, usually.

Unfortunately I envisage similar issues for Manny as he faced with us. For the games he's fit, they'll have a standout player at that level.

All the best to him. Wasn't his fault at all and the comments made by Clarke indicate that the sports science, medical, and physiotherapy aspects of the club have been subpar.

If he plays 30 games+ for them then something borderline negligent has gone on with us.

I think that’s pretty shocking from our front. Clearly our best midfielder and one of our best players. Issues with fitness yes. But not recently under Clarke. We must have some decent players lined up to let a player of his quality go. 

Our midfield will go to <ovf censored> for the rest of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If he plays 30 games+ for them then something borderline negligent has gone on with us.

At the end of last season he had surgery to correct a long standing problem. But yeah his injury record this season has also been poor

1 minute ago, Wrex said:

At the end of last season he had surgery to correct a long standing problem. But yeah his injury record this season has also been poor

The manner in which he immediately got injured on a return pre-surgery is what I'm thinking of.

He genuinely lasted 20 minutes. Whoever had signed him off as fit to play wanted sacking.

We were all told the major surgery was the 'solution' and then he's struggled again this season. 

It's very sad as he seems a lovely bloke + is one of the few players we've got with genuine baller ability. 

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think that’s pretty shocking from our front. Clearly our best midfielder and one of our best players. Issues with fitness yes. But not recently under Clarke. We must have some decent players lined up to let a player of his quality go. 

I'm alright with it, and I love Manny.

Every word from the club has suggested that injury-prone players are not going to be persevered with as we look at a leaner squad.

He signed a very decent contract when he was considering leaving two years ago too, so some decent wages to got into The Matrix for the summer. 

If he was going to be released then it's good business. There will be other talent out there for similar money. We signed him from non-league and there will be other players just as good, if we get recruitment right.

A pity really but I hope he plays forty odd games for Chesterfield next season because he is a talented player. My lasting memory of him will be scoring a last minute rocket at league leaders Lincoln on New Year's Day a few years back. It sent the travelling Valiants home happy that afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm alright with it, and I love Manny.

Every word from the club has suggested that injury-prone players are not going to be persevered with as we look at a leaner squad.

He signed a very decent contract when he was considering leaving two years ago too, so some decent wages to got into The Matrix for the summer. 

If he was going to be released then it's good business. There will be other talent out there for similar money.

If he was going to be released then I agree, money for nothing. I hope this Dosent ruin our momentum into next season though as we are a miles weaker side without him.  I think given he’s proven his fitness he was worth another short term deal. 

6 starts in a row and coincidentally we have won all 6, can’t help but feel he wasn’t managed correctly with the last regime (being rushed back) and now has proven his fitness. Where does this leave the likes of montano? Injured as much as manny and Dosent offer as much. 

I do think there will be a real turnover in players on the summer after seeing this, a fresh start. Which is needed. 

edit. For how minimal the fee is, I would have preferred us to stick by manny until the end of the season to prove his fitness. If he does keep him if not let him go

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

If he was going to be released then I agree, money for nothing. I hope this Dosent ruin our momentum into next season though as we are a miles weaker side without him.  I think given he’s proven his fitness he was worth another short term deal. 

6 starts in a row and coincidentally we have won all 6, can’t help but feel he wasn’t managed correctly with the last regime (being rushed back) and now has proven his fitness. Where does this leave the likes of montano? Injured as much as manny and Dosent offer as much. 

I do think there will be a real turnover in players on the summer after seeing this, a fresh start. Which is needed. 

edit. For how minimal the fee is, I would have preferred us to stick by manny until the end of the season to prove his fitness. If he does keep him if not let him go

I think from Manny's perspective this is preferable too. 2 years of security at a commutable club, as opposed to potentially being released and having to up sticks for a 1 year deal somewhere. By all accounts he's reasonably settled round here.

I do think this signifies that major change is coming. If Manny wasn't in the plans, then that doesn't bode well for some of the others out of contract, which is good imo. 

Good luck to Manny with a new two year contract and probably a pay rise as well.In my opinion we always looked a better side when he was in the team but I was always doubtful about his fitness.

Good luck at the Spireites Manny and many thanks for your contribution at the Vale.

He has been one of the first names on the team sheet for the last 6 games and we have won all 6 games. We are clearly a better team with him in it, he is arguably one of our best players. I think it was worth taking a risk on him personally. 

It just feels very strange that one of our best players has been sold to a team in the league below when himself and the team are in form.

Clarke and Flitcroft must think they can do better. Or perhaps Oyeleke wanted to go for more security etc? 

Archived