onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumour Manny off to Chesterfield ?

JohnJames

the facts are he hasnt played enough games and isnt fit enough at this level. Quite skillfull but im sure he can be replaced to a better standard. As regard to the fee-itll pay for the overnight stay in carlisle! not much more.! 😑:drink:

Advert

Shame always injury prone but I tell you my thoughts and i will tell you why i am not happy with this news if true which I find it hard to believe it is .

DF has brought in DC and his fantastic motivational team both physically and mentally and Oyeleke has played very well in 5 of last 6 games when is fitness has become optimal ,so why get rid now for a pozy 10k .

Yes I get it's better than nothing but come on DC would have improved him ten  fold I mean look at what he has got out out of him short term along with many other under performing and not fit for purpose pre DC players .

All of a sudden every player at Vale has a bit of worth in my opinion and that is down to what we do not see behind the scenes .

Five games left and I'd like see Oyeleke in all of them so I refuse believe this made up nonsense .

UTV 

Shame always injury prone but I tell you my thoughts and i will tell you why i am not happy with this news if true which I find it hard to believe it is .
DF has brought in DC and his fantastic motivational team both physically and mentally and Oyeleke has played very well in 5 of last 6 games when is fitness has become optimal ,so why get rid now for a pozy 10k .
Yes I get it's better than nothing but come on DC would have improved him ten  fold I mean look at what he has got out out of him short term along with many other under performing and not fit for purpose pre DC players .
All of a sudden every player at Vale has a bit of worth in my opinion and that is down to what we do not see behind the scenes .
Five games left and I'd like see Oyeleke in all of them so I refuse believe this made up nonsense .
UTV 

You’re so short sighted and I get the feeling you aren’t going to like the retained list in a couple of weeks

A month or so ago I'd have said this was a no brainer.  His fitness record with us is, frankly, unacceptable. 

He's on a really good run now though and it looks like we may have turned a corner with and are getting him up to the level required to play a good number of games.

Not so long back, getting a full 90 minutes out of him looked wishful thinking.

I'd actually be disappointed now if he did leave as I'd love to see us get a season out of him.

It's an if, of course, but Clarke seems to be doing well with him.

18 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

You’re so short sighted and I get the feeling you aren’t going to like the retained list in a couple of weeks

Thanks for your insight so you have had your daily allowance of carrots as you sight is allegedly better than mine .

It's a opinion to be honest DC and DF will do what's right for the club which is more important than my views or any one elses .

I'm quite happy to let the professionals sort out who's going to help Port Vale football club move forwards and on to better things .

I am a follower ,I do not go all the games if get chance ,nor do I wish too but Port Vale is special to me spent many a 90 minute encouraging them at home and away (occassionally)and I think Manny Oyeleke has helped us maintain league football and was in my opinion till sat when he was reckless and maybe had his mind on other things being pivotal in keeping the Vales league status so I thank him I just wonder if DC and his excellent brought in staff could have made him a even better player a player worth a few quid to the club who has payed him well while his misfortune has ruled him out (sometimes through own making I believe).

UTV 

Thanks for your insight so you have had your daily allowance of carrots as you sight is allegedly better than mine .
It's a opinion to be honest DC and DF will do what's right for the club which is more important than my views or any one elses .
I'm quite happy to let the professionals sort out who's going to help Port Vale football club move forwards and on to better things .
I am a follower ,I do not go all the games if get chance ,nor do I wish too but Port Vale is special to me spent many a 90 minute encouraging them at home and away (occassionally)and I think Manny Oyeleke has helped us maintain league football and was in my opinion till sat when he was reckless and maybe had his mind on other things being pivotal in keeping the Vales league status so I thank him I just wonder if DC and his excellent brought in staff could have made him a even better player a player worth a few quid to the club who has payed him well while his misfortune has ruled him out (sometimes through own making I believe).
UTV 
I think there's something in what you say. Maybe, with better motivation and fitness management, we could see a lot more from Manny. As you also say, I'm happy to let DC/DF make the decision which is best for PVFC.

34 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Shame but he hasn`t stayed fit enough. Probably the only midfielder who can unlock a defence at the moment in our squad. Hopefully we can find a better more reliable replacement.  

Difficult one. Perhaps something has shown on all the physical tests the new fitness guys have run? Talented lad, no brainer when fit to stay, problem is he hasn't been fit for long enough.

I think getting 10k for an injury prone footballer who is 29 this year is good business. As much as i like him as a player if you only average 15 games a season then you are never going to get value for money. 6 game spells here and there are no good to PVFC especially as some of those games he is having to build up to match fitness. All our over 21 players next season need to be available for selection for at least 3/4 of the fixtures. We have 50+ games in a season we can't risk having players who cannot play only a fraction of those games.

If true it's a disappointing but understandable decision. Manny gives us something we don't get from any other midfielder and is a class player at this level but we all know his injury record. I'm just glad he isn't moving to another League Two club.

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

A month or so ago I'd have said this was a no brainer.  His fitness record with us is, frankly, unacceptable. 

He's on a really good run now though and it looks like we may have turned a corner with and are getting him up to the level required to play a good number of games.

Not so long back, getting a full 90 minutes out of him looked wishful thinking.

I'd actually be disappointed now if he did leave as I'd love to see us get a season out of him.

It's an if, of course, but Clarke seems to be doing well with him.

I wonder what the Chesterfield manager James Rowe  knows,  he was the Asst Manager for Manny`s last season at Aldershot  44 appearances and Player of the Year.  I assume he is aware of his subsequent history, but still thinks it is worth the gamble.

Perhaps Clarke is being truthful and he's still not decided on most of the out of contract players. But if he's playing Manny to see his performances and if he can stay fit until the end of the season, only to have Manny knock on his door and say "I've had a decent contract offer from Chesterfield and want to take it" then I can imagine Clarke saying "okay, you can go".

He'll want players committed to the club and Manny might have made his mind up for him.

Alternatively, he'd already decided Manny and a number of others would be gone in the summer and is happy to help them get fixed up with new clubs.

If true, this seems (on the surface at least, without knowing what conversations have taken place) somewhat illogical to me. Players of his quality are only ever at league 2 level for a handful of reasons; release from prem/champ academy, late developer up through non-league, youth team product, inconsistent or injury-prone.

Getting the most out of players from these different groups requires having all the right elements of infrastructure in place, which for players like Manny in the final group means the necessary fitness/conditioning/rehab resources.

To carry him and pay his wages for three years without having those resources in place, then let him go for tuppence when we finally have them, (and they already seem to be paying dividends if this run is anything to go by), doesn't add up to me.

29 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I wonder what the Chesterfield manager James Rowe  knows,  he was the Asst Manager for Manny`s last season at Aldershot  44 appearances and Player of the Year.  I assume he is aware of his subsequent history, but still thinks it is worth the gamble.

On the other hand,that was only the second time he played more than a handful of games in a season and he was in his mid 20’s. I’d love for a fit manny to stay. I’m confident our management team aren’t stupid and can see that a fit manny is a starter for us (which he is doing), but they have to be confident that he is up to it. 

Archived