onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumour Manny off to Chesterfield ?

JohnJames

Advert

Interesting this one. The link is the Chesterfield manager who worked with Manny at Aldershot. Non league transfer news are reporting a 10k fee has already been agreed to take him before 22nd April.If Manny is not in DC's future plans going forward why not.

Probably more a rumour.

Manny is a great player when he’s on the pitch, which sadly hasn’t been often enough. 45 starts in three season is a poor record of fitness and if over 21 squad size is to be reduced next season I’m not sure he’s a risk we can take. 

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I’ll be incredibly disappointed if this is true. He’s our best midfielder imo and definitely one of the better ones in the league.

No use being best in the league if your out injured all the time. If we can only have 20 first team players next season our best midfielder needs to play 90%of them. 

24 minutes ago, the valiant said:

No use being best in the league if your out injured all the time. If we can only have 20 first team players next season our best midfielder needs to play 90%of them. 

I'd agree with that, sadly. He is a good player when fit as the recent run shows, but he's not been fit enough to last a whole season at any time during his spell with us. 

I think with the financial challenges of this season, if he's not in the long-term plans and with Vale now safe, it would make sense to cash in, just as the club did with Richie Bennett last season.

1 minute ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

We’re it in a transfer window so how can it happen. Could be a pre transfer agreement for next season I suppose. 

National League clubs can sign players up until the 22nd April.

a very good player when fit, these last 6 games has proved he’s back to where he needs to be, i really hope we haven’t let him go and he goes on to play a full season with Chesterfield when he could be doing that for us. i think he was mismanaged and rushed back a lot of the time and he just kept breaking down. he’s shown he can play run of games and has been vital in our 6 wins in a row. it’s now time for Taylor to finally step up and show us what he did last season, still think we need steel in the midfield for next season. because the three of joyce, conlon and Taylor look very lightweight 

If true, sad but not surprising, A fit up to speed Manny is class at our level. But sadly he has rarely been either recently. Since his comeback from injury, he's had his moments. But looked a shadow of his former self. 

Seems a thoroughly good bloke and all the best to him for the future.

What is for sure is we need a Manny type player in the door if he does leave.

Archived