onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Brisley has been motm for the last few games imo. I would 100% give him another deal as 3rd choice centre half 

If we play 3-5-2 as we have a few times maybe we'll end up with 5 centre halves on the books in case of Injuries and suspension 

Advert

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Brisley has been motm for the last few games imo. I would 100% give him another deal as 3rd choice centre half 

If he’s been motm the last few games, why not first choice centre half?

3 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I think third choice centre back needs to be <21, capable of playing other positions or both. Brisley’s been very good but if he’s third choice there are difficult decisions to be made. 

I can see the 3rd choice center back getting a lot of minutes if we play 3 at the back or due to the fact that Leon's game time will probably need to managed a little.

This needs to be managed based on balance for the team overall but if we have other players capable of playing a number of positions then retaining Brisley might not be an issue even if we play with a back 4.

13 hours ago, darren1810 said:

If we play 3-5-2 as we have a few times maybe we'll end up with 5 centre halves on the books in case of Injuries and suspension 

We know Smith and Legge will still be here,so lets say he has seen enough from Brisley and he gets a deal(should he accept) then that would leave space for maybe another experienced defender and an u21 or is 5 too many?

Just realised we still have Crookes on the books a player who actually played his best games for us imo in a back 3

31 minutes ago, vale victory said:

drew and lost actually and he played 90 mins in both games , his body won’t be used to that lol

I thought we were solid today and second half we could of nicked it but Cullen and Mckirdy coming on made us weaker

I know a lot are but i have never really been a big fan of Cullen or Amoo if i am being honest,i can see both leaving in the summer,i know Amoo has 12mths left but i think a couple of under contract players will go

If we have a first choice 5(6) back line. I’d say that’s Brown, Gibbons, Smith, Legge, Montaño (Brisley). Three of those are well over 30 and Monty is 30 in December, none are under 21. There’s only Smith and Monty (maybe Gibbons at a push) who can play in more than one position. It’s an issue that needs addressing and influences who to offer contracts to. With Crookes showing a glimmer of hope he could well be a lot more valuable than otherwise given the squad rules context.

If only we defended with the excellence v tranmere last 5 mins at home and Walsall away etc like we are doing now and why is that .

Step forward Shaun Brisley alongside Leon Legge being absolutely superb and that has helped Nathan Smith to get his game back together again .

The changing of system the main thing and that's down to the excellent in game management of DC and the team of folk he as brought in 

8 games ago we were sinking as we couldn't score 19 out of 21 points later(6 wins and a draw ) and folks are happier again however going forwards we are not looking as threatening last few games so lots to do in a we going entertain and score goals kind of way .

Yesterdays desire to keep the ball out of our net pleased me greatly .

However we didnt have enough desire to get it in theres .

So as much as I think DC is a terrific manager he as to get Conlon back in a position to get the strikers in on goal and go for it a bit more I do not want see 24 draws next season want see Vale going for it .

UTV 

Archived