onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

47 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t disagree. However posts saying manny hasn’t helped at Chesterfield on our match thread are just plain stupid, wrong and there to gain a reaction. I think everyone pretty much agrees on manny at vale. Excellent player at this level but can’t stay fit. I would have personally given offered him the extension given how much better I think we are with him in the side and that he’s now started what 8 games in a row for us and now chesterfield. However I completely understand the other side of the argument, especially as you say with the decreasing squad size 

Re-sign Manny next season. Awful decision to let him go given the midfield options left

51 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

If you don’t think manny would have improved us today then I don’t know what side you haven’t been watching. Look at the stats. We win games when him Conlon and Joyce play together. Regardless of whether you think the manny deal was a good one or not (I think the latter) it is clear that our midfield is much weaker without him.

Not the way that game was played today no. I don't disagree the midfield is weaker without him but who cares we are safe and preparing for next season.

Manny's gone move on.

Just now, werstayinup said:

For me Brisley was motm today,getting back to his best now imo

I know we want rid of the majority BUT is he playing his way to another 12mths?

Brisley has been motm for the last few games imo. I would 100% give him another deal as 3rd choice centre half 

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Not the way that game was played today no. I don't disagree the midfield is weaker without him but who cares we are safe and preparing for next season.

Manny's gone move on.

Moved on let’s hope we replace him and are better in the market than we have been for years. We’re extremely short in midfield 

I thought we played better than v Morecambe we certainly had a lot of aerial work deal with throughout the afternoon but we stood up to it very well and tackled and did the ugly side of the game tremendously .

Brown 7 nowt do generally but what he did have do did it well .

Smith 8 shame that excellent work from throw in didnt result in a goal,no nonsense at  the back as  well played yet again .

Legge 9.1 is there anything this lad doesnt headvbrilliant pro great player was terrific all game as usual .

Brisley 9.3 man of match like Legge but better shame he didnt score in first half shame it didnt end in the net he was brilliant throughout .

Monty 7 I thought he was good he was up against brutes but played like he could handle anything ,strange why went off .

Gibbons 6 improved in second half felt he was like a lost soul first half though ,no dashing runs as such and give and goes non existent .

Second half much better more composed and got in some threatening positions .

Joyce 7 battled away had little chance shine in a constructive way but did ok kept guy quiet .

Worrall 6 quiet generally again 

Rodney 5 very quiet 

Robinson 6 came alive second half forced a  safe and got us up the pitch .

Conlon 6 do not like him in midfield role but defensively played a good game but need him between the lines opening the opposition up .

Subs Mckirdy tried get hold of the ball had no chance shine though really .

Cullen the same as Mckirdy .

Amoo 5 looked to me like he could go something but we never played the quality of ball to him so he could do so .

UTV 

3 hours ago, Beech said:

How refreshing is it to actually have a manager that makes changes to formation and personal instead of realizing something isn't working but closing his eyes and hoping it suddenly works out? I'm talking about the likes of Aspin and Askey.

Aspin worked under an extremely poor owner and what I think were very difficult times. The first team is still the majority of Neil’s players

3 hours ago, Beech said:

To be fair he's shown anything but quality since he returned. Needs a good pre-season to properly bed in again.

To be really fair he hasn't been given much of a chance and when he has come on in games he's grafted like all the other lads and supplied most of any quality that's generally been on view in open play, which agreed hasn't been great amounts. We won't agree on Jake Taylor Beech.

3 hours ago, GEOFF B said:
3 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:
Wowsers, some of the comments on here! I thought it was anything but an end of season snore draw. Ok quality not always great and few clear cut chances but, to quote their guy, two teams who rolled their sleeves up and weren’t about to give an inch to the oppo’s. I think if Rodney had stayed on we might have won it. I think there were lots of positives from that game.

Anybody have any trouble with ifollow?

Yep, the video went off, screen went black and sound went off twice and I had to restart iFollow. Frustratingly the 2nd time it happened was right at the end when they'd been given a free-kick on Vale's right hence I missed any last second drama.

IFollow has generally worked well for me this season.

Archived