onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Well personally very happy with a point, we are at least giving 100% effort so really can’t ask for more. If we are to progress we do need a bit more quality and balance, which without doubt is clear in our managements thoughts.

It’s a credit to the likes of Morecambe with there supposed low budget that they are up at the top. They have had all season a great work ethic that has put them in the position they are. It is something we must aspire to next season if we are to challenge at the top.

Advert

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Would have helped us though 

Maybe, but if we were not going to offer him a contract, or a lesser contract than Chesterfield, then it was only fair to let him go now that we have nothing to play for.

No doubt that a fit Manny is a big asset but I don't know what DC's view was, especially seeing as we don't know what the allowable squad size is next year. 

I think it's fair to say that the Oyeleke deal was probably a good one but his absence really magnified the lack of passing ability our squad has.

Its all immaterial as the season is done, but I think the overarching point being made was not that 'we shouldn't have sold Manny', but more 'look how poor we are on the ball without him'.

Just reinforces the need to get some proper midfielders in this summer, and not 7 grafters with no left foot and a limited passing range.

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Its all immaterial as the season is done, but I think the overarching point being made was not that 'we shouldn't have sold Manny', but more 'look how poor we are on the ball without him'.

Generally we didn't pass the ball well today but that wasn't because Manny is not playing.

Sometimes you have to play the conditions of the game and today was one of those occasions.

If you don’t think manny would have improved us today then I don’t know what side you haven’t been watching. Look at the stats. We win games when him Conlon and Joyce play together. Regardless of whether you think the manny deal was a good one or not (I think the latter) it is clear that our midfield is much weaker without him. Midfield was pretty poor today as it clearly was going to be with the starting lineup. 

29 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Maybe, but if we were not going to offer him a contract, or a lesser contract than Chesterfield, then it was only fair to let him go now that we have nothing to play for.

No doubt that a fit Manny is a big asset but I don't know what DC's view was, especially seeing as we don't know what the allowable squad size is next year. 

Don’t disagree. However posts saying manny hasn’t helped at Chesterfield on our match thread are just plain stupid, wrong and there to gain a reaction. I think everyone pretty much agrees on manny at vale. Excellent player at this level but can’t stay fit. I would have personally given offered him the extension given how much better I think we are with him in the side and that he’s now started what 8 games in a row for us and now chesterfield. However I completely understand the other side of the argument, especially as you say with the decreasing squad size 

Sorry to bang on about it but the teams that get promoted from leagues one and two have the bulk of their players on thirty plus games, there is no way we can afford players who cannot do thirty games plus.

I suppose again players need managing correctly re fitness and training, hopefully we will be ensuring that happens next season.

41 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think it's fair to say that the Oyeleke deal was probably a good one but his absence really magnified the lack of passing ability our squad has.

Just reinforces the need to get some proper midfielders in this summer, and not 7 grafters with no left foot and a limited passing range.

and heading!😇

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t disagree. However posts saying manny hasn’t helped at Chesterfield on our match thread are just plain stupid, wrong and there to gain a reaction. I think everyone pretty much agrees on manny at vale. Excellent player at this level but can’t stay fit. I would have personally given offered him the extension given how much better I think we are with him in the side and that he’s now started what 8 games in a row for us and now chesterfield. However I completely understand the other side of the argument, especially as you say with the decreasing squad size 

So don't give them a reaction.

Yes, I think that the majority agree on Manny.  what I don't know is if the reasons for his injury record have been identified and dealt with.  

If the answer to that is that the medical staff believe it has, and that's the reason he's approaching 10 consecutive games, then I would have offered him a contract too.

If he ends up being ever present for Chesterfield then I think that they have the better of the deal, by a long way.

Archived