onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Thought it was a decent effort today. Showed solidity at the back though it’s almost a given now under DC. Brisley was superb I thought. 

Going forward was a little more patchy but we had our moments and created a couple of nice half chances in the second half. Lots of plus points even without the three points.

Advert

Got to be happy with a point, but anybody whos happy with anything from our midfield offensively wants their head examining. It's been like that for much of the season and anything less than a huge overhaul of our midfield in the summer would be scandalous. The fact that our 2 moments of offensive quality both came from our defenders (gibbons with a cross and smith with control and shot) says it all really

2 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Thought it was a decent effort today. Showed solidity at the back though it’s almost a given now under DC. Brisley was superb I thought. 

Going forward was a little more patchy but we had our moments and created a couple of nice half chances in the second half. Lots of plus points even without the three points.

Their commentary team kept saying how much Brisley had improved since he was with them.  Personally I think that he has always looked solid for us when given a run in the team.

For me Leon being back in the team, and on form, really helps the rest of the defence too, I really thinking of Smith here who looks a different player along side an in form Legge.

Having watched all the game apart from a early scare with a shot which Brown has either saved or its grazed the post and a shot just wide from a second ball where Robinson was beaten to it  flashing wide ,and a header high and wide I cannot think of any situation Carlisle have created where I thought we were remotely lucky at any time throughout the game .

Brisley and Legge were superb ,I feel we handed the initiative to them first half with playing two right sided defenders ,we looked lopsided to me and created apart from a corner where the terrific Brisley has put over nothing to crow about .

Second half moving Gibbons out the way and putting him in the excellent Montanos position worked a treat I thought we began playing better resulting in a terrific effort from Robinson saved by there keeper then Smith after superb work from a throw in hitting the bar I think it must have being deflected as we get a corner. 

The subs didnt change much we remained solid enough but didnt create nothing else with Carlisles need for the three points greater than ours they kept coming but we were resolute solid and terrific and deservedly in my opinion they didn't get any reward whatsoever .

UTV 

16 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Their commentary team kept saying how much Brisley had improved since he was with them.  Personally I think that he has always looked solid for us when given a run in the team.

For me Leon being back in the team, and on form, really helps the rest of the defence too, I really thinking of Smith here who looks a different player along side an in form Legge.

It’s interesting hearing the viewpoint of the opposition commentators. They were quite positive about a number of our players, comments regarding worrall, Gibbo, Legge and Brisley spring to mind. 

Was it me or was Conlon taking a few risks today? Seemed to be trying to megs their players in dangerous positions. 

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

What did he say?

Defended superbly, Carlisle no mugs and on a good run, disappointed not to continue winning run but still unbeaten and 4 in a row clean sheets, they shaded 1st half we were better 2nd bar last 5 mins, made us thought to beat, fitter and more aggressive but things to work on offensively, take the opportunity now to gives minutes to some players to help with decision-making.

Archived