onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Forgettable. We are very difficult to break down, which is nice. Brown had nothing to do.

Found the Carlisle commentary excruciatingly poor, didn't check if I had the wrong setting on. Ref was sub-par, too.

The subs at the end took any pace out of the side, but I guess Clarke is trying to get a look at Cullen (who needs to go) and McKirdy.

7 unbeaten is superb.

Decent point but a very very dull game in which both sides didn’t look interested. We look so much weaker without manny and I hope we have someone lined up to replace him! Can we try someone else up top in the next few games? Robinson offers nothing. Defended very well again 

Just now, osprey said:

Another clean sheet

But not much quality

To be fair we don't have a lot of quality in the squad right now. What Clarke is doing with what he's got until the summer is nothing sort of miraculous. 

57 minutes ago, Doha said:

Elephant in the room, that first half was crying out for an Oyeleke.

Yep. Midfield was overrun from minute one and we very rarely strung any passes together.

Some quality on the ball must be the priority. Too many grafters and not enough ability. 

Much better second half performance. I think Monty going off and changing the formation slightly with the players in front of the wingbacks to more of a 5-4-1 helped us, and we ended up looking more of a threat second half for spells, in particular down our left. I think the subs second half killed our momentum. Rodney and Gibbo were looking a threat together and he took the pace and strength of Rodney off for McKirdy of all people. Robinson was doing well I thought too and Cullen came on and added very little. Overall though a good point, another game with very little to do for Brown and reasonably solid defensively. 

Both times the midfield has been bypassed but without a decent central striker and a midfield that can pass to them what can you do. We look solid as <ovf censored> at the back now which is brilliant to see, just the odd little mistake here and there.

Archived