onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think McKirdy is one of those players who gets better the less he plays. 

I'm not personally saying keep him, he's highly unlikely to be offered a deal . It would be unbelievable.

But I'll stand by what I'm about to say.

From the word go on here people wanted him to fail to prove they were right. Loads weren't even prepared to give him a chance.

The moment he put pen to paper there has been an agenda against him and a feeling of folk wanting him to fail. 

Advert

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not personally saying keep him, he's highly unlikely to be offered a deal . It would be unbelievable.

But I'll stand by what I'm about to say.

From the word go on here people wanted him to fail to prove they were right. Loads weren't even prepared to give him a chance.

The moment he put pen to paper there has been an agenda against him and a feeling of folk wanting him to fail. 

I don’t understand that mentality at all that some people have. I’d rather go on a big rant about how someone is <ovf censored> etc. and then they play out of their minds. Looking a fool is a small price to pay for Vale winning. 

DC has basically called Taylor out for having no grit. He needs that in his game and once he’s got a bit tougher he’ll be back to his old self. That game against Swindon way back when, Burgess and Taylor both got on the scoresheet, they looked a great pairing and the possible future nucleus. They still have that in them!

Nonsense lads.

McKirdy arrived with a bad reputation and hasn't exactly set the world alight since, to the extent of being de-registered.

I rate him from seeing him play for Carlisle but I think Vale fans have been more than patient enough with a lad who has been described as a circus, barely contributed, and been de-registered from a very, very poor squad. From what I recall fans were rather excited about his signing and many (me included) were clamouring for him to play earlier this season. Clarke has openly accepted McKirdy's attitude needs extensive work. 

Stop making stuff up to have pops at fans at. Fans haven't wanted McKirdy to fail. Talks of 'agendas' against a player who has contributed little more to Port Vale than the likes of Trickett-Smith. Mad.

On 13/04/2021 at 13:43, Breadwinner said:

Carlisle I'd say were on reflection of all home games witnessed (all bar harrogate even though I still paid for me lad watch it )were deserved winners over us looking back at that game while away in Somerset at rural retreat 1-0 with tall gangly lad outclassing us throughout ,forget his name but I think he scored one althoughcannot be certain ,and maybe should have added more as he led us a merry dance but not one id wish to attend .

Think that was the game when Askey dropped Joyce and Conlon and Whitehead had a few insipid shots at goal (all on target but wouldnt trouble a five year old keeper .

Team for this hope Montano is back .

Big ask 7 wins on trot think this is the game where the run ends ,think Carlisle are beginning mount a challenge for play offs and I think after last sat wherewe were not not in a footballing way good ,only in a stand there and defend way and Oyeleke has being sold (allegedly)do not see a suitable replacement for him in the squad at present to get us controlling the game so it's going be another game of defensiveness and kick and rush at a guess .

Who would I play I'd play this side it's got Oyeleke in it until its confirmed he was left the building .

Brown 

Smith Legge Brisley 

Worrall  Oyeleke(joyce) Burgess Montano 

Conlon 

Cullen Guthrie 

I'd like see how we do without joyce and I'd like see if Cullen can play with Guthrie.

Rodney and Robinson Taylor are going be here next year lets see who else is I'd like see Burgess given a go with Oyeleke ,and Amoo I'd like see if he is going be part of next seasons squad after all the prior season he was scoring and creating so let's see if he can get himself going last 5 with some goals and assists if selected .

There’s no way on earth that DC starts shuffling the pack on a 6 game run. If we lose a game I expect to see a lot more changes, but until then, no chance. Swap Manny out and off we go. Only change I can see other than that is the Gibbo / Monty situation.

Finally started to look forward again to the matches and a shame our up turn in form didn't occur a couple of weeks before it did as the way some of the those in the play offs are performing we would have had a chance of sneaking in with an extra 2 wins.  

For me my team would be;

Brown

Gibbons, Smith, Legge, Brisley, Montano (if fit)

Worrall, Joyce, Conlon

Guthrie, Rodney

I think Clarke will go with Robinson and would not blame him after 6 on the trot, just feel that Guthrie has a bit more about him and away from home more likely to hold the ball up and looked really sharp when coming on recently.  

Nonsense lads.
McKirdy arrived with a bad reputation and hasn't exactly set the world alight since, to the extent of being de-registered.
I rate him from seeing him play for Carlisle but I think Vale fans have been more than patient enough with a lad who has been described as a circus, barely contributed, and been de-registered from a very, very poor squad. From what I recall fans were rather excited about his signing and many (me included) were clamouring for him to play earlier this season. Clarke has openly accepted McKirdy's attitude needs extensive work. 
Stop making stuff up to have pops at fans at. Fans haven't wanted McKirdy to fail. Talks of 'agendas' against a player who has contributed little more to Port Vale than the likes of Trickett-Smith. Mad.
That very, very poor squad has just won 7 games on the trot.

18 minutes ago, Emile said:

People were happy for him to fail. No doubt about it. 

He did fail though. He's got another chance and I hope he takes it 

Nobody was happy for him to fail. What made me unhappy was how bad he was when he played against Stevenage and it seems that since DC took over he has done little more to get into the side. 

Massive waste of money, far bigger waste than say Manny, who although injured actually played far more than he has due to being decent of ability and mind. 

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Nobody was happy for him to fail. What made me unhappy was how bad he was when he played against Stevenage and it seems that since DC took over he has done little more to get into the side. 

Massive waste of money, far bigger waste than say Manny, who although injured actually played far more than he has due to being decent of ability and mind. 

Exactly this. You are pinpointing him against Stevenage . I've already mentioned that game. It was his first full start ? The entire team were totally abject that night, really really bad. Smith in particular was appalling. 

Rodney came on after 62 minutes and put the other 11 to shame with his cameo. 

Scapegoat is the word. I'll disagree with Joe this time and I'm not going to quote people or dig out quotes but there are people who will have a wry smile when he's released. It isn't all fans of course, a few people on here is not a reflection, neither are my views. 

Just find it strange in a totally abject display where the defence was a disgrace you recall the debut of Mckirdy more, why is that ? 

He is not going be in the match squad DC already said he put him back in the squad try save his career and I hope that he does if he is as good as some folk make him out be he will have a good career elsewhere possibly at a club where is dislike of that club is not so apparent .

I mean if true that is why would you sign for a team who your family loathes ,and you ain't that fond of them as you have already told Vale supporter allegedly that you would never play for us .

To be honest that statement has come to be true and I have seen little evidence that suggests that's not the case. 

Shame on him if true and obtaining money deception .

A hoax .

Anyway back to this game 12.30 kick off let's hope we pass the ball to one another better than  v the excellent Morecambe .

Archived