Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Proven to be British in 1972 , part of the House of Hanover,  Act of Parliament in 1702 or thereabouts.

He took out British citizenship and ditched his others 1947.  An immigrant. So what?  Good on him. 

Edited by toyahw

Advert:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a moving tribute. thanks Howjy04.

The Queen and Prince Philip have both done more for this country than some of the people who constantly criticise them!

I hope and I sincerely expect that he will be remembered for much more than a few gaffes, hilarious as they often were; Distinguished WWII service, longest serving consort ever and life-long cons

6 minutes ago, toyahw said:

He took out British citizenship and ditched his others 1947.  An immigrant. So what?  Good on him. 

But it was not known at the time that he was as British as the Queen whose common  ancestors became British by the same Act of Parliament, since they were previously German. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Proven to be British in 1972 , part of the House of Hanover,  Act of Parliament in 1702 or thereabouts.

Yer he must be British then and he had such a hard life the last 70years 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

But it was not known at the time that he was as British as the Queen whose common  ancestors became British by the same Act of Parliament, since they were previously German. 

Give it a rest. You lot should get out more,  You don't have to prove ancestory.  Just residence rights and stuff.  Do you live in the dark ages? I'm a bloke from Stoke with permanent residence in NL

Edited by toyahw

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Removed by admin.

Yes, a completely rational and normal thing to post. 

Edited by Caz or caz123
removed quoted post from HV ... bad taste
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Sneaked in? took British citizenship.  Fought in the war. Married the Queen. Done good work for charity. We don't need his sort.

Anyone who wants to slag the bloke off? What have YOU done for your country? Or anything else for that matter.

Correct, nobody should be slagging him off, he's right up there in the Premier League of Phil's.  Battling for a Champions League place with Taylor and Schofield.  A few places above Serrell, Scolari and Sproson.  (Sproson gets a bye as he's one of our own.)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

original and quoted post removed by Admin. 

Disgraceful 

Edited by Caz or caz123
original and quoted post removed by admin
  • Like 1

Give it a rest. You lot should get out more,  You don't have to prove ancestory.  Just residence rights and stuff.  Do you live in the dark ages? I'm a bloke from Stoke with permanent residence in NL
I don't give two monkeys, does not matter to me where people come from, just explaining history.

Advert:

The lack of respect on this thread is astounding. Some of you need to give your head a wobble 

• Like 2

RIP. Whether your a fan of the royal family or not (I’m not) it’s still the death of a man who did a huge amount of good in his life. Condolences to the queen who must be devastated I couldn’t imagine losing the one that I love after being with them for 70 odd years. Find it a bit disgraceful those moaning about the tv channels. It was on what 3/4 channels out of hundreds. Not to mention Netflix, Disney, Amazon prime ect. Get a grip. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Yer he must be British then and he had such a hard life the last 70years 

How convenient that you miss out his war service. 

• Like 1

Interesting disconnect in those mocking a naval officer who saw combat in two WW2 theatres and was mentioned in dispatches for bravery, who were however effectively slobbering over Sir Cpt Tom Moore earlier in the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

26 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

How convenient that you miss out his war service. 

The bloke has made more racist comments than Bernard manning over the last 40 years but I bet your one of the first to slag him off 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

The bloke has made more racist comments than Bernard manning over the last 40 years but I bet your one of the first to slag him off 

I also missed out his nazi allegiance during the 1930s 

37 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I also missed out his nazi allegiance during the 1930s 

Utterly braindead.

Go on, off you go, explain how the Royal Navy Officer who literally fought them at sea, and has a mother buried in Jerusalem who is the recipient of an Israeli state honour for sheltering Jews from the Gestapo during the war, is a Nazi. 

• Like 2