Prince Philip

10 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Glad I'm not the only fed up with it already. Respect due, but this is OTT for a bloke nearly 100. It's like they've been waiting for this to happen for ages to run all the programs a d coverage. Maybe I'm not too emotionally sensitive.  

Loads of channels to go at, what do you think it was like when George VI died? 

37 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

But I want to watch totp 1990 usually on bbc 4 at 8 😢

It would have been on between 7 and 8 tonight because of the womens football.

But yeah, I'm not sure it was really necessary to blanket cancel all programming. Dream Warriors would have been on tonight.

Just now, Santa said:

It would have been on between 7 and 8 tonight because of the womens football.

But yeah, I'm not sure it was really necessary to blanket cancel all programming. Dream Warriors would have been on tonight.

I was looking forward to the OGWT stuff. Respect to the bloke. But this is overkill.

When President Kennedy was assassinated the BBC got criticised by three press, MPs and all sorts for only showing three hours of news followed by the Harry Worth Show!!

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When President Kennedy was assassinated the BBC got criticised by three press, MPs and all sorts for only showing three hours of news followed by the Harry Worth Show!!

The assassination of the world's most powerful man is a bit different to the natural passing of a bloke who was a couple of months short of 100th birthday. Having said that, Harry Worth wasn't the best choice,  should have been Arthur Haynes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
18 minutes ago, Old fort said:
Don't know, tell me, I wasn't there.

Home Service or Light Program, solemn music both stations. BBC TV only for the few.

A bit like Sky then.

18 minutes ago, Old fort said:

The assassination of the world's most powerful man is a bit different to the natural passing of a bloke who was a couple of months short of 100th birthday. Having said that, Harry Worth wasn't the best choice,  should have been Arthur Haynes.

But JFK wasn’t even British!

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Good point, Philip just sneaked in on that score

Sneaked in? took British citizenship.  Fought in the war. Married the Queen. Done good work for charity. We don't need his sort.

Anyone who wants to slag the bloke off? What have YOU done for your country? Or anything else for that matter.

Edited by toyahw

13 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Neither is Phillip 

Proven to be British in 1972 , part of the House of Hanover,  Act of Parliament in 1702 or thereabouts.