onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Prince Philip

Howjy04

Advert

4 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I also missed out his nazi allegiance during the 1930s 

Prince Philip, who opposed Nazis and was first British royal to visit Israel, dies at 99 - Jewish Telegraphic Agency (jta.org)

His older sisters didn’t just get married: They got married to Nazis, a fact Queen Elizabeth isn’t likely eager to have the world know. When Philip’s sister Cecile and her husband, both Nazi party members, died in a plane crash in 1937, young Philip was sent to Germany for the funeral and had to walk in the procession among Nazi soldiers. None of Philip’s sisters were invited to his wedding in 1947, but the royal couple reunited with his German relations in 2015. Prince Philip, of course, can’t help who his relatives are, and he himself went on to fight for the Allies as a Royal Navy officer in World War II. Also, Philip’s mother, Princess Alice, sheltered Jews during World War II when she was living in Athens. She was honored with the title “Righteous Among the Nations on Princess Alice” by Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem for her actions and is buried in Jerusalem"

Bye bye Coyney you <ovf censored>! Ashamed that you're a Vale fan!!."

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Prince Philip, who opposed Nazis and was first British royal to visit Israel, dies at 99 - Jewish Telegraphic Agency (jta.org)

His older sisters didn’t just get married: They got married to Nazis, a fact Queen Elizabeth isn’t likely eager to have the world know. When Philip’s sister Cecile and her husband, both Nazi party members, died in a plane crash in 1937, young Philip was sent to Germany for the funeral and had to walk in the procession among Nazi soldiers. None of Philip’s sisters were invited to his wedding in 1947, but the royal couple reunited with his German relations in 2015. Prince Philip, of course, can’t help who his relatives are, and he himself went on to fight for the Allies as a Royal Navy officer in World War II. Also, Philip’s mother, Princess Alice, sheltered Jews during World War II when she was living in Athens. She was honored with the title “Righteous Among the Nations on Princess Alice” by Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem for her actions and is buried in Jerusalem"

Bye bye Coyney you <ovf censored>! Ashamed that you're a Vale fan!!."

Bit fecking harsh just saying what it says on google and if that makes you ashamed of me being a vale fan then you you need fecking help 

20 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Why?

Good question. I’ve no idea why. I’m not sure what HRH has to do with the Vale, or football in general tbh. I do know 150k have died in the last twelve months due to COVID, without a two minute silence. I know my old man who went to the Vale for 60 odd years didn’t get one. And I know that we gave Lee Collins a minute last week. So, good question.

Good question - but interpreted incorrectly! I meant why was it ridiculous? Most global Presidents / PMs and heads of state get a 2-minute silence, on their passing, in honour of their positions as heads of their countries. It's nothing to do with football or the Vale, it's a national thing and observed by most nations. Not sure why you feel it is an affront to your Dad, or the 150,000 who've passed from Covid? Nor the millions worldwide who have? It's purely protocol and has always been thus...probably? Don't begrudge it of someone who has served the country for a long, long time - I'm guessing the 8 million or so young people who've benefited from the Duke of Edinburgh Award will be more respectful? 

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Good question - but interpreted incorrectly! I meant why was it ridiculous? Most global Presidents / PMs and heads of state get a 2-minute silence, on their passing, in honour of their positions as heads of their countries. It's nothing to do with football or the Vale, it's a national thing and observed by most nations. Not sure why you feel it is an affront to your Dad, or the 150,000 who've passed from Covid? Nor the millions worldwide who have? It's purely protocol and has always been thus...probably? Don't begrudge it of someone who has served the country for a long, long time - I'm guessing the 8 million or so young people who've benefited from the Duke of Edinburgh Award will be more respectful? 

Mmm...it has nothing to do with a lack of respect. Lots of people have served the country, millions in fact. But we tend to get their service in some kind of proper perspective (most of the time). I’ve been a civil servant myself for over 30 years. I wouldn’t really expect a two minute silence at a football ground I had nothing to do with. Neither was he a head of state btw. 

11 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Mmm...it has nothing to do with a lack of respect. Lots of people have served the country, millions in fact. But we tend to get their service in some kind of proper perspective (most of the time). I’ve been a civil servant myself for over 30 years. I wouldn’t really expect a two minute silence at a football ground I had nothing to do with. Neither was he a head of state btw. 

To be honest, he was King in all bar name. It's a constitutional quirk that the husband of the Queen is not King. Football grounds aren't the only venues that would have held a 2-minute silence - had they been open! As I said, it is protocol. And, since it doesn't actually adversely affect anyone, I'm not sure why if bugs you so much - but I do know you won't be on your own! As for being a civil servant - you were a civil servant, not a member of the ruling family.

14 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

To be honest, he was King in all bar name. It's a constitutional quirk that the husband of the Queen is not King. Football grounds aren't the only venues that would have held a 2-minute silence - had they been open! As I said, it is protocol. And, since it doesn't actually adversely affect anyone, I'm not sure why if bugs you so much - but I do know you won't be on your own! As for being a civil servant - you were a civil servant, not a member of the ruling family.

Yeah, perhaps that’s what bugs me so much!

Just now, Tony Rodriguez said:

I do not believe we have a ruling family.

I think we moved on from that a few centuries ago.

In theory we do, because Governmental affairs still need to be ratified by the Queen. Not sure what happens if she doesn't agree...but that's beside the point. You may notice, the leader of the Party with most seats always has to go to the Queen to get permission to form the Government.

Archived