onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF competitions - a subtle change...

Advert

So sorry to learn of your medical challenges with your sight. I hope that your condition does not get worse and  that the future may improve in some way.

Your contributions to the site are very much valued and your running of the OVF competitions are greatly appreciated.

All the very best Barry  

On 08/04/2021 at 16:50, Aussie Rules said:

Cheers Rob,

It was way back in February, 2006 when we started the competitions following a suggestion from Karl aka 'werstayunup' to run a 'Guess the 1st Goal'.

With a bit of luck we'll be celebrating 20 years in 2026 :smile:

You really have done wonders Barry and i would like to thank you for following through with the idea and a massive thank you for all you have done(i wish i had won more but i am like that with the bookies as well ha).

We all really do appreciate everything me owd fruit

Stay safe and take care you top man you 🙂 

• 4 months later...
On 08/04/2021 at 22:53, Aussie Rules said:

This is a general response to several messages and emails received wondering if yours truly is okay consequence of a low profile on the Forum – other than the GTGS/GTC Competitions.

Back in August, 2013 I was diagnosed as having advanced dry macular degeneration in my right eye. My left eye and peripheral vision were said to be fine. Since then and up to late last year life was mostly as before – a little slower across the keyboard; slightly more focused reading the Forum.

Now, it seems, I’m losing the central focus in my left eye - but still retain strong peripheral vision.

So, why am I telling you this!?

MY Forum low profile will be more so now, but the OVF Competitions will still be run. However, and more for personal reasons, they will be fortnightly. But you will be pleased to read that the season prize pool of a minimum of £100 per game for 46 games will, instead, be divided by 23 games.

Stay safe,

Barry :smile:

p.s. it took a bliddy age to compose this reply. Ah well, such is life :smile:

I have only just seen Baz, sorry to hear this news. Hope you are well.

Archived