Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 1 said:

When has DC implied that?

Can't remember which of the interviews it was (there's has been a thousand over the past month to be fair), but it was during Montys last injury spell, he said something along the lines, that with some players, the medical staff can't really find anything wrong, so it might be more down to the player believing he is injured, more than him actually being injured. 
It was discussed both on here and on Facebook, that people believed he meant Monty, so I'm pretty sure about it 🙂

Edited by Danish Valiant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kinda want Walsall to pick up some points now because they can’t realistically go down, as if they free fall any more there is no chance Dutton will be there for next season, and he’ll end up at Val

Most important signing we can make in my opinion 

Well that makes up for the one they shouldn't have had at their place.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:


You are aware he’s been playing RWB and still getting involved going forward aren’t you?

I watch the games so yes I am aware. (Thanks for the condescension as per usual though) He isn’t a left sided player so may be more defensively minded today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danish Valiant said:

Can't remember which of the interviews it was (there's has been a thousand over the past month), but it was last time Monty was injured, he said something along the lines, that with some players, the medical staff can't really find anything wrong, so it might be more down to the player believing he is injured, more than him actually being injured. 
It was discussed both on here and on Facebook, that people believed he meant Monty, so I'm pretty sure about it 🙂

I’ll concur he definitely said something along those lines. If I’m thought he meant Manny but we do have a few who he could ha e been talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how standards vary depending on the individual concerned.

Monty involved in 30+ games in each of the last 6 seasons.  Gibbo only done that in 2 of the last 4 seasons.

One is local and apparently always rushed back too early, maybe Monty has been rushed back also, or has been too eager to try and help the team only to have to come off when he breaks down again.

With the better monitoring / data maybe this will be resolved, where we have managed to get consecutive appearances from Manny of late.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I watch the games so yes I am aware. (Thanks for the condescension as per usual though) He isn’t a left sided player so may be more defensively minded today. 
I would argue that he actually plays better on the left. It's also his own favoured side I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dantheman said:

I’ll concur he definitely said something along those lines. If I’m thought he meant Manny but we do have a few who he could ha e been talking about. 

They could both fall into that category to be fair... 😅

Only thing is, that Manny has been out with personal problems as well, so I think he might have been fit for longer than Monty.
In all honesty, DC has been here not even 2 months, and Monty is already on his second injury spell. Says a lot, doesn't it... 

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Can't remember which of the interviews it was (there's has been a thousand over the past month to be fair), but it was during Montys last injury spell, he said something along the lines, that with some players, the medical staff can't really find anything wrong, so it might be more down to the player believing he is injured, more than him actually being injured. 
It was discussed both on here and on Facebook, that people believed he meant Monty, so I'm pretty sure about it 🙂

I do agree that the niggling injuries some players play through and some don’t, and Monty seems to have these times that he doesn’t. But I don’t know all the ins and outs and Monty is a complex character. The bottom line is that we need players who miss minimal games through injury and suspension, so if a player suffers a bad injury it’s a one off, not ten odd players like this season. I imagine if DC is going through the paces finding out what’s wrong with them and the medics say nothing’s wrong, that’s going to get him annoyed and he is thinking he could do without extra hassle.

Edited by 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bald Eagle said:

Interesting how standards vary depending on the individual concerned.

Monty involved in 30+ games in each of the last 6 seasons.  Gibbo only done that in 2 of the last 4 seasons.

One is local and apparently always rushed back too early, maybe Monty has been rushed back also, or has been too eager to try and help the team only to have to come off when he breaks down again.

With the better monitoring / data maybe this will be resolved, where we have managed to get consecutive appearances from Manny of late.

That is an interesting stat hadn’t realised that of gibbons. 
 

Manny has performed well recently but for me he goes at the end of the season.  3 seasons and only 52 appearances is woeful.  Maybe it’s a case of both parties need a change. 
 

I always worry with players like Manny that it’s in his head and he will never get away from it. Let’s not beat around the bush he is playing now because he needs a contract somewhere which I would imagine gives him a bit more mental strength to play through any pain. Rob Taylor is another one more recently that always seemed to do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s under contract and Monty isn’t. That’s a big factor as they’d have to be total <ovf censored> to be paid off, but simply not be the best option if they come to the end of a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Interesting how standards vary depending on the individual concerned.

Monty involved in 30+ games in each of the last 6 seasons.  Gibbo only done that in 2 of the last 4 seasons.

One is local and apparently always rushed back too early, maybe Monty has been rushed back also, or has been too eager to try and help the team only to have to come off when he breaks down again.

With the better monitoring / data maybe this will be resolved, where we have managed to get consecutive appearances from Manny of late.

Montano and Worrall signed for Vale in the same summer (2017)

Worrall has played 13 more games in all comps than Montano in that time. Across 4 years. 3 extra games a season.

One is an injury-prone liability who needs to be released. The other is Mr Dependable. 

I'm not against releasing Montano as part of a squad rebuild but it shows how a narrative takes hold.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


7 minutes ago, dantheman said:

That is an interesting stat hadn’t realised that of gibbons. 
 

Manny has performed well recently but for me he goes at the end of the season.  3 seasons and only 52 appearances is woeful.  Maybe it’s a case of both parties need a change. 
 

I always worry with players like Manny that it’s in his head and he will never get away from it. Let’s not beat around the bush he is playing now because he needs a contract somewhere which I would imagine gives him a bit more mental strength to play through any pain. Rob Taylor is another one more recently that always seemed to do the same. 

That’s where we need DC to make sure nobody is rinsing us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Manny was out of contract this summer?

He’s under contract and Monty isn’t. That’s a big factor as they’d have to be total to be paid off, but simply not be the best option if they come to the end of a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Montano and Worrall signed for Vale in the same summer (2017)

Worrall has played 13 more games in all comps than Montano in that time. Across 4 years. 3 extra games a season.

One is an injury-prone liability who needs to be released. The other is Mr Dependable. 

I'm not against releasing Montano as part of a squad rebuild but it shows how a narrative takes hold.

Is that starts? I’d guess wozza has started many more games and played many more minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Is that starts? I’d guess wozza has started many more games and played many more minutes 

Yeah he's played a lot more minutes, but to get onto the pitch you need to be fit.

I'm not saying Worrall is as injury-prone as Monty, as he clearly isn't, but they've both been available for the same number of games in the same period of time.

Edited by Joe B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Interesting how standards vary depending on the individual concerned.

Monty involved in 30+ games in each of the last 6 seasons.  Gibbo only done that in 2 of the last 4 seasons.

One is local and apparently always rushed back too early, maybe Monty has been rushed back also, or has been too eager to try and help the team only to have to come off when he breaks down again.

With the better monitoring / data maybe this will be resolved, where we have managed to get consecutive appearances from Manny of late.

Disagree on the comparison, I think Montys had many more occasions of injuries, the odd game here and there or going off injured. The manager even said a few weeks ago he wasn’t injured and I think hinted that it could be in his head. Gibbos been at the beginning of his  career. Seen himself being inconsistent and dropped and this has been his first season of injury. I’d say he was definitely rushed back too soon this season by Askey early on because coming back in and playing 2 consecutive 90 minutes in 4 days was madness for any player coming back IMO. Hopefully the new regime can look at the data on all the recurring injuries throughout the squad and put it right with the correct training, preparation and game minutes. 

Edited by PV1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel much more relaxed watching the game today than previous weeks. Looks like it's overcast/snowing so no problem with the sun today.....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here




×
×
  • Create New...