onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

9 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

The lad I referred to earlier was Stockton. I believe he would add to our squad if we could get him in the summer. Looked to have good movement and a bit of strength and skill.

I think he is a bit of a Bennett type player. In terms that he keeps knocking about club to club but never really achieving potential. This season has been one of his better ones but the lad is 27 and hasn’t really pulled up any trees. Watched the Morecambe and Southend game and their commentators kept saying “looks like he has his head on tonight” which would suggest he blows hot and cold. 

Advert

13 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Exactly this. Not every game of football is going to go the way that we want to. 

So you honestly think that every game we’re going to go out and be able to play to the gameplan that we want and be allowed to play how we want? You’re naive if you think that’s the case.  There’s another team on the pitch trying to stop us and vice versa. No way was that one of the worst performances. You’re only judging it on solely on being pretty and creating loads of chances, which is why don’t think you understand the game. I’m happy to see us win, put in a shift and I don’t mind seeing a solid defensive display either. That was a very good gritty performance in difficult circumstances where we stood up to the test, allowed the opposition very little in the way of chances, took ours and won the game. It’s a good trait to be able to grind out results and be horrible. How many times have we moaned about teams doing that to us? It’s pointless for you to say play like that in the previous 5 and we would have lost them, that’s a ridiculous statement because every game is different and you have to find different ways to get results. 

I didnt say play like that in previous 5 I said in the next five .

Yes I agree that there are different ways win games but if your paying 22 quid get in watch that you wouldnt be happy see a team who should be brimming with confidence after deservedly winning the last 5 games not be able keep the ball for more than ten seconds .

It was dreadful but no Vale fan is going be unhappy with winning again and yes the players deserve plaudits but they wouldnt be getting any praise off me for how uncomfortable they were with the ball in possession,couldn't wait kick it anywhere and it was a performance of in my opinion being scared stiff of Morecambe. 

Morecambe were better and you can see why they so high up ,we had a very fortotiose day, we will take that ,but I hope we learning in training this week that relax you just won six games in a row ,pass the bleeding ball to a team mate not out of play ,make angles and do not just boot it anywhere because the law of averages are that Carlisle will punish us if we are less than 110 per cent at it .

Like I say I've watched 90 per cent of games this season defensively as a team doing UGLY stuff we are very good at ,shame we couldn't have used Brisley earlier in the season when we giving opposition easy goals,goals which if you look back on were a disgrace and the reason why even though we ending season with honour the unprofessional majority of it happening too often has no matter what happens now clouded the season .

So I'm pleased about the 6 wins in a row but hardly doing cartwheels about the 18 unnecessary defeats occured along the way and a cup defeat v Kings Lynn Town to boot .

Archived