onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:
Yes, big shout out to the ref, who I thought was toss but got the big decision right.  Waved away 2 big pen shouts for them and Manny could've easily seen red for his challenge after already being booked.

Agreed, about time we had some balance from soft penalties and cards in the past.

My main gripe was all the stopping and starting, he didn’t let the game flow. I thought Brisleys was a pen, not so sure about Gibbos, I think he managed to get his body between him and the ball. But we’ve seen players go down easily there and win a pen, just like the pen at their place earlier this season. 

Advert

I thought the ref was abysmal, one of the worst we've had this season. We were very lucky on that front.

Manny was booked and committed another bookable offence which seemed to be overlooked as advantage was played. Brisley's challenge certainly, to me, looked like a penalty.

Add in the ludicrous decision to halt play and it was a very strange and poor showing, and I'm not one to slag off refs every week.

Ok Mark's they are not going be high as out of all six wins this was the one unmerited in my opinion.

Brown 7 didnt have make a save but ball was in front of him too much for my liking .

Gibbons 5 kept shape well did zilch in terms of using the ball well I'd say he was ominous .

Smith 7 great header the change in him immense finishing season excellently did his defensive job soundly well .

Legge 6 Like all team defensively sound .

Brisley 6 same as Legge but fortunate yesterday not give away a pen .

Worrall 5 I like worrall but come on he is no Montano I thought he was not good at all used in a left attacking role didnt suit him at all ,I cannot remember him doing anything constructive and good in yesterday's game ,worked hard though and did his defensive duties but i do not want Vale defending v anyone as I want be out my seat enjoying our enterprising play not watching Worrall defending I want him doing what he does best destroying teams 

Joyce 5 very poor gave the ball away countless times but defensively sound 

Conlon 7 quality ball in that's for the 7 for goal other than that a defensive game no chance shine in a going forwards way .

Oyeleke 4 lucky not be sent off ,taken off in the end I like him but poor decision making in the minutes he was on. 

Robinson 4 didnt get the ball didnt link the game in general poor .

Rodney 3 not his game he as these games very often,didnt shine at all ,cannot remember anything of note from him surprised he was left on .

Subs Guthrie 6 make a difference not much but for ten minutes after restart from snow clearing (our only 10 mins in game )was very good shot wide did well .

But more so make a interception at defending at our end and slide in and put it for a Morecambe corner was excellent too and out of all of our forward players was at least having a impact and trying get us up the pitch with Morecambe dominating .

J Taylor 3 Looked like a boy against men in my opinion never got hold of it ,struggled to say the least .

So there my marks we looked second best to me a first class result but come on if folk thought we deserved win that they must have watched a different game than me .

Morecambe were the better side throughout but it was our lucky day .

Hope Montano is back soon that's all I will say what a difference his forward thinking ways make to our performances .

A tad harsh with your marks ! Very difficult conditions we weren’t at our best far from it. Scotty never really had a save to make but we weren’t any better. They have a very good work ethic and matched us for effort. You can see why they are were they are, if they have played like that all season.

Not sure what Brisley was doing for there pen shout the ball should have been in row Z , probably got the benefit due to the fact he got the ball and the poor conditions. It evens out for the dodgy pen at there place.

We do with out doubt need a little more quality but if you give 100% that’s all we can ask of the current squad. 

Some really harsh marks there. That was a solid defensive display in the main. Not every game is going to go as you want it to because there are 2 teams on the pitch and they want to stop you doing what you want to do. Not every game is going to see you being allowed to play beautiful attacking football. That’s not how football works. So you have to find a way to win, and we did. 

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Some really harsh marks there. That was a solid defensive display in the main. Not every game is going to go as you want it to because there are 2 teams on the pitch and they want to stop you doing what you want to do. Not every game is going to see you being allowed to play beautiful attacking football. That’s not how football works. So you have to find a way to win, and we did. 

Mediocrity and still win happy with that but play like that last 5 lose them all.

Glad you enjoyed it, im with DC is was a painful watch we were in possession pathetic our lucky day.

Managers and players are marmite, sometimes horrific sometimes delightful. We are currently experiencing the latter after an very difficult start. It should be pretty clear if it wasn’t already, that for all their detractors the team definitely misses something without Monty and Manny in there. 

At the moment, I’m enjoying Clarke’s tactics off knocking when to go for the jugular and knowing when to sit back. It was very good management to bring on a forward for Manny after the stoppage and we came flying at them, got the first goal which was arguably going to be important, and then were able to change it again at HT. 

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Managers and players are marmite, sometimes horrific sometimes delightful. We are currently experiencing the latter after an very difficult start. It should be pretty clear if it wasn’t already, that for all their detractors the team definitely misses something without Monty and Manny in there. 

At the moment, I’m enjoying Clarke’s tactics off knocking when to go for the jugular and knowing when to sit back. It was very good management to bring on a forward for Manny after the stoppage and we came flying at them, got the first goal which was arguably going to be important, and then were able to change it again at HT. 

Agreed, as DC says it is only results that matter.  Yesterday was against a PO team, where we should be, you start with a point and try to snatch 3 but not lose 1.  Mission achieved. Bradford City and Mansfield home games should be more entertaining.

34 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Mediocrity and still win happy with that but play like that last 5 lose them all.

Glad you enjoyed it, im with DC is was a painful watch we were in possession pathetic our lucky day.

I just don’t think you understand football.

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I just don’t think you understand football.

I can assure you I do what point of football do I not understand .

I understand that how we played yesterday will come back and on another day cost us .

I wasnt happy with that I'm glad you were we differ somehow .

We are a miles better footballing side than I saw yesterday i am not going sugarcoat it because we won I'd say in a offensive way one of our worst performances of the season .

I understand that how we played yesterday will come back and on another day cost us .
We are a miles better footballing side than I saw yesterday i am not going sugarcoat it because we won I'd say in a offensive way one of our worst performances of the season .

It wasn’t one of our worse performances of the season. It was just a scrappy game. Morecambe seem to pull teams down to that level.

I don’t understand why a lot of people are saying Manny should have been sent off. His challenge for his booking was in my opinion harsh, they both went in with feet up and Manny did not make contact with the player who then went over screaming and around five Morecambe player appealed for the foul, as they did all game.

1 hour ago, Jacob_123 said:

It wasn’t one of our worse performances of the season. It was just a scrappy game. Morecambe seem to pull teams down to that level.

Exactly this. Not every game of football is going to go the way that we want to. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

So you honestly think that every game we’re going to go out and be able to play to the gameplan that we want and be allowed to play how we want? You’re naive if you think that’s the case.  There’s another team on the pitch trying to stop us and vice versa. No way was that one of the worst performances. You’re only judging it on solely on being pretty and creating loads of chances, which is why don’t think you understand the game. I’m happy to see us win, put in a shift and I don’t mind seeing a solid defensive display either. That was a very good gritty performance in difficult circumstances where we stood up to the test, allowed the opposition very little in the way of chances, took ours and won the game. It’s a good trait to be able to grind out results and be horrible. How many times have we moaned about teams doing that to us? It’s pointless for you to say play like that in the previous 5 and we would have lost them, that’s a ridiculous statement because every game is different and you have to find different ways to get results. 

57 minutes ago, knapperm said:

I don’t understand why a lot of people are saying Manny should have been sent off. His challenge for his booking was in my opinion harsh, they both went in with feet up and Manny did not make contact with the player who then went over screaming and around five Morecambe player appealed for the foul, as they did all game.

I agree the first booking was harsh, but the point being made was Manny then (knowing he was on a booking) then put in a daft challenge that probably should have merited another booking and a dismissal. It was very loose. 

I don't think the complaints are 'he should have been sent off justifiably', just that he was very lucky not to be (rightly or wrongly).

Archived