onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

I’m shocked... I can’t believe DC has managed to get one over on Derek ‘Greatest manager in the universe and the ONLY choice we should have made because he definitely applied’ Adams.

Did DC and the lads not know he is to be worshiped like the God that he is? 😉

UTV

DC for England! 

Advert

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think nathan smith deserves a lot of credit hes been phenomenal during this run there was a lot of people on here saying they would get rid at the end of the season. When hes perfoming hes the best defender in the league.

Conceded 9 in 13 since Clarke came. 3 of which were at Cheltenham.

I agree about Smith but the whole defensive transformation is unbelievable. 

Today was as dodgy as we've been at the back for a while and we still got a clean sheet 

By dodgy , I mean I wasn't as confident today as we had a few hairy moments .

9 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think nathan smith deserves a lot of credit hes been phenomenal during this run there was a lot of people on here saying they would get rid at the end of the season. When hes perfoming hes the best defender in the league.

Spot on!Tell Breadwinner the season is 46 games ,then judge players!!!

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Conceded 9 in 13 since Clarke came. 3 of which were at Cheltenham.

I agree about Smith but the whole defensive transformation is unbelievable. 

Today was as dodgy as we've been at the back for a while and we still got a clean sheet 

By dodgy , I mean I wasn't as confident today as we had a few hairy moments .

Really? I didn’t think we looked troubled at all. They had a fair bit of possession it seemed but created no real chances. Brown had one save to make first half and I can’t think of any more. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Really? I didn’t think we looked troubled at all. They had a fair bit of possession it seemed but created no real chances. Brown had one save to make first half and I can’t think of any more. 

I thought they got in behind us a couple of times but they’re final ball was poor (late second half). Actual chances I don’t think they had many at all as you say 

29 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Think Smithy has responded well to DC he seems to be back to his best and enjoying playing

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Probably just me 

The one that flashed across the six yard box and I felt first 15 we didn't start well and they had the odd half chance without forcing saves.

I certainly didn't feel we were as in control as against Exeter 

6 wins on the bounce so welldone the lads on that a terrific ball in finished superbly by Smith who put it away superbly .

Guthrie put one wide and that is as far as Vale efforts going at there  goal amounted too .

So delighted with the win .

Did we deserve win 

NO not in my opinion thought Morecambe well excellent throughout and unlucky not get a pen .

In general I didnt enjoy it as i want my Vale play miles better than that but seasons works done now and without Montano we just are not the same in a offensive way .

All plaudits to the defensive shape but come on lets see better passing and constructive play than that  

Enjoy your night 6 in a row 5 deserved today I feel like we have mugged them off a point would have being acceptable as performance  no where near good enough .

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I thought they got in behind us a couple of times but they’re final ball was poor (late second half). Actual chances I don’t think they had many at all as you say 

Yeah they did get a few crosses in. Which is one of the issues with playing wingbacks, it gives the opposition a bit more space to hit behind. But the extra bodies in the middle coped well and really I don’t recall either of our wingbacks getting done one on one. 

@breadwinner what did Morecambe do in the game to deserve the win more than us or that we mugged them? They created nothing of note. Taking your chances and putting a solid defensive display is equally an important as looking good on the ball. Sometimes you don’t get the whole package in a game. 

We committed men forward then lost possession and I was worried we'd get done on the counter. Our line was a bit dodgy as well.

In the second half there were a couple of times when Stockton got on the ball but he was wasteful when he had a chance to make a key pass. I expected better from him.

26 minutes ago, Mario said:

Think Smithy has responded well to DC he seems to be back to his best and enjoying playing

Certainly has. Also played 3 different positions now for the cause. If we had 11 smiths we wouldn’t have an issue. Was well below par for first part of the season but who wasn’t. Never one to shy away. 100% with him every game. Sad that he has been singled out by some for stick but the game is about opinions and everyone has the right to one I guess. 

Archived