onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League One?

PVTony

If, IF the vale were to get promoted would the club manage to stay in league one?

Are the present players capable of successfully competing in a higher league?

If not how many new players would be needed in the suad?

Could the present board find the cash to buy new players?

Is it best to stay in L/two unless Mo gets his bid accepted?

Plenty of questions to answer here.

What is YOUR opinion?

An answer from Banbell would be interesting.

Advert

If, IF the vale were to get promoted would the club manage to stay in league one?

Are the present players capable of successfully competing in a higher league.

What is YOUR opinion?

Dear PVTony,

A thought provoking thread. May I answer from my perspective:

1. Some - not all.

2. At least 4 at most 7 - in my humble opinion we need width and delivery from the flanks. We need another striking option - preferably with pace to compliment our present strikers. We need another defensive option. We need overall competition for most positions on the pitch to get the most out of the team. We need depth in the squad and match changing / winning options on the bench.

3. Not in my opinion - given the wage demands of division 1 and the need to present a competitive team and stability at board room level to attract and encourage players to sign.

4. I have said all along we would like to inherit a team in Div 1 but if it is ultimately Div 2 then our ambition and plans remain the same.

5. An answer from Banbell would indeed be interesting.

Kind Regards.

Half the team are probably good enough for div1, Dagenham went up last season with a team no better than we have now and lost a few players before the start of this season and they might well stay up, but for us to establish ourselves I think we need to add a couple of players to the first team and change 2 or 3 current players with better players. All this will have to be done with a very small budget under the current board, so for me the most important thing is getting the right manager in who can weal and deal.

For me I really want the Vale to get promoted as I do not think it makes any difference what division we are regarding the boards attitude to selling the club and promotion might attract new prospective buyers.

With the right manager this group of players have proved they are capable of responding.

The spine of the team are definitely capable of competing in League One: Tomo, Collins, Roberts, Morsy (a year older), Rico.

Chuck in a couple of on form and motivated others and we won't be far off. Desperately need a new striker and as TLB says something young / exciting on the bench.

It would however be entirely different with Mo in charge. For one, the crowds would be significantly better and an improved atmosphere can only help.

With the right manager this group of players have proved they are capable of responding.

The spine of the team are definitely capable of competing in League One: Tomo, Collins, Roberts, Morsy (a year older), Rico.

Chuck in a couple of on form and motivated others and we won't be far off. Desperately need a new striker and as TLB says something young / exciting on the bench.

It would however be entirely different with Mo in charge. For one, the crowds would be significantly better and an improved atmosphere can only help.

You dont consider Mccoombe part of the teams spine but you include Morsy??

Rob Taylor has the potential to go higher and also Dodds

Promotion would be a disaster if V2001 remain in charge.

No money to sign a proven manager.

No money to resign current players.

Higher wage bill.

No money to sign new players.

No business plan to bring in money.

Poor gates due to very low season-ticket uptake and relegation battle.

Instant return to League 2 a certainty.

1 yes

2 no

3 six at least

4 no chance

5 no !

I'm a bit confused with your replies Captain. If I've got it right can you explain?

You think that the Vale can survive in L/1.

But the present players aren't good enough and we would need six new players.

The present board have 'no chance' of finding the cash for the new players.

If the present team aren't good enough but we wont be able to get new players, how would we survive in L/1?

(Sorry if I have misunderstood your message.)

Dear PVTony,

A thought provoking thread. May I answer from my perspective:

1. Some - not all.

2. At least 4 at most 7 - in my humble opinion we need width and delivery from the flanks. We need another striking option - preferably with pace to compliment our present strikers. We need another defensive option. We need overall competition for most positions on the pitch to get the most out of the team. We need depth in the squad and match changing / winning options on the bench.

3. Not in my opinion - given the wage demands of division 1 and the need to present a competitive team and stability at board room level to attract and encourage players to sign.

4. I have said all along we would like to inherit a team in Div 1 but if it is ultimately Div 2 then our ambition and plans remain the same.

5. An answer from Banbell would indeed be interesting.

Kind Regards.

For a higher standard of football our only hope is for a complete overhaul of executives and business tactics.

The best we can hope for is a swift exit of the present board.

Are the present players capable of successfully competing in a higher league?

What is YOUR opinion?

1 Would we stay in L1? Very unlikely:(

2 Several are good enough but a few would be found wanting:ohmy:

3 Probably five or six new players neede especially on the wings and in midfield especially if we lose Gary Roberts-- he is key to our future.:yes:

4 A Definite no here the board is clueless & skint:doh

5 It may be best to stay in L2 because this demented board will try and cling on even more if we get promotion.

Finally I dont give a monkey's what Banbell thinks:razz:

You dont consider Mccoombe part of the teams spine but you include Morsy??

Rob Taylor has the potential to go higher and also Dodds

John M might get found for pace at the next level? However, he might be like a good wine and get better with age? Even for the nippiest STR it can be impossible to beat the wiley CB.

With Morsy I have the feeling he's got the potential to raise his game in accordance to who he's playing with / against. Just think he's one to watch.

Promotion would be a disaster if V2001 remain in charge.

No money to sign a proven manager.

No money to resign current players.

Higher wage bill.

No money to sign new players.

No business plan to bring in money.

Poor gates due to very low season-ticket uptake and relegation battle.

Instant return to League 2 a certainty.

Wouldn't that be one hell of a catalyst for change though?

I'd like to think we won't at least be in the conference when they step aside.

Archived