Match Thread: Harrogate v Port Vale

I've got neck ache......what a bloody horrible game. We've got to dig in here second half, try and get it down on that bloody sand pit and pass it as best we can against this pub team. It's like watching Stoke a few years ago.

7 minutes ago, Stamfordvale said:

These two misogynistic commentators want to be pulled up by BBC York, sexist comments about being under pressure.

What have they said? She does have the burden of additional pressure due to the milestone and the media coverage that it is bringing.  Not sure if that was the context and I’m not listening to BBC York.

Bet the ball was desperate for half time to get a rest.

Devante chose the wrong option when he went for goal rather than pull it back for Robinson or Worrall. Good saves by Brown to keep it at 0-0.

Vale battled well, can't do much better in these conditions.

Shoot on sight in the 2nd half.

6 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

What have they said? She does have the burden of additional pressure due to the milestone and the media coverage that it is bringing.  Not sure if that was the context and I’m not listening to BBC York.

Obviously not woke enough to spot nonexistent misogyny

Poor quality game, Harrogate are basically Westley level Stevenage and we have dug in, wind on our side but need more up top physically, maybe worth throwing on Guthrie to battle it out.

Posted (edited)

A bit like playing in the car park, wind has not helped. Second half will be more of the same regarding skill. We both get 45 mins of the same let us see if we have the extra class/nouse to win a game that conditions will dominate. The ref is better than Trevor Kettle, is that comment allowed. Seriously Rebecca has done a good job, with the conditions involved.

Edited by ginginator
  • Like 1

Not a classic is an understatement. First away game I've purchased this season and wished I'd kept my £10 in my pocket. Don't think we've strung more than 10 passes together in that half. Too much lumping it upfield into no mans land and giving them silly throw ins so their big lump can hurl it into our box. Absolutely no sign of a plan to our play. Can't be any worse second half and at least we'll have the wind with us. Get the ball down and spread it wide