Match Thread: Harrogate v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a side note I didn’t notice the ref.  That’s about as big a compliment as you can give.

Just had it confirmed by Statto Phil.  Vale have now beaten all the other 91 teams in league games.  The only team to have done so!

No just feel that if you have 400 people watching it illegally it's a shame for the football clubs ,fair enough if its man Utd Liverpool or a big club where they make that much money anyway but Vale a

Posted Images

Just looking at Guthrie’s goal I thought of Leon Constantine never scored many net busters but got his shot away quickly into the corner

Posted (edited)

Thought first half was really difficult there a good side Harrogate are and it wasnt for Browns couple of excellent saves we find ourselves behind as it wasnt easy at all thought Harrogate deserved a lead at half time as there endeavour was brilliant but we hung in there against the wind and went in level with us creating just one opportunity when Montano put Rodney in on left side but instead of him pulling it back he tried score from a impossible angle although if he had scored no one would bat a eyelid .

I do not know what Darrell Clarkes said to them at half  time as second half we seemed a yard quicker and scored 2 beauties one after a outrageous fantastic ball from Robinson finished superbly by Worrall then Jake Taylor came on with the magician Guthrie and both had efforts at goal Guthrie's fine effort saved superbly and Jake blazing over then Jake's played a beautifully weighted ball forwards and Guthrie slammed it in the corner .

A Brilliant second half display loved it 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Just looking at Guthrie’s goal I thought of Leon Constantine never scored many net busters but got his shot away quickly into the corner

Shoot early is usually a good option

Posted (edited)

Great win that is. A definite cliche of a game of 2 halves. We really struggled to get in the game because of the wind with some below par performances in that first half. Second half we dominated it and Brisley was my man of the match. Closely followed by legge. Having said that I thought Rodney, Robinson, manny and Taylor didn’t have great games today. Guthrie made all the difference to the forward line when he came on. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Wow Clarke is a perfectionist. 

Apologies to the fans for having to pay a tenner to watch that he's just said !! 

Quality

The man is a realist,really taken with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Wow Clarke is a perfectionist. 

Apologies to the fans for having to pay a tenner to watch that he's just said !! 

Quality

That was a class line from him.  Show's the standard he is setting for the players and they are responding to it.  May he keep it going as well.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Robinson Friday. Guthrie Monday. Green Kit Win.

Clarke is world class.

DC apologises for the 5hit game.He said he would have turned it off if he had being watching at home.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Thought first half was really difficult there a good side Harrogate are and it wasnt for Browns couple of excellent saves we find ourselves behind as it wasnt easy at all thought Harrogate deserved a lead at half time as there endeavour was brilliant but we hung in there against the wind and went in level with us creating just one opportunity when Montano put Rodney in on left side but instead of him pulling it back he tried score from a impossible angle although if he had scored no one would bat a eyelid .

I do not know what Darrell Clarkes said to them at half  time as second half we seemed a yard quicker and scored 2 beauties one after a outrageous fantastic ball from Robinson finished superbly by Worrall then Jake Taylor came on with the magician Guthrie and both had efforts at goal Guthrie's fine effort saved superbly and Jake blazing over then Jake's played a beautifully weighted ball forwards and Guthrie slammed it in the corner .

A Brilliant second half display loved it 

UTV 

I suspect he told them to use the wind to play further up the field. First half was all about stopping them using the wind. I think it was all about the conditions. Once they failed to score first half I think we bacame strong favourites. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1 said:

Manny and Monty both ok?

Montano walked on the pitch after full time and looked absolutely fine, no hint of any injury.

• Like 1

It's probably more correlation than causation, but it is strange that our two good unbeaten runs (now, and the last 8 games of last season) come with Brisley playing.

Advert:

After the dismal first half it could only get better. Glad it did and proud of the lads and a massive thanks to DC who has made us solid and hard to beat. Defence was immense today with Legge and Brisley the stars. When we get chance let's fill that ground and make it a place where teams hate and fear to come to.

Walsall 14 without a win since DC left them....just saying, Yam Yams!!

I hate all these draws that they promised us when Clarke came