Match Thread: Harrogate v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a side note I didn’t notice the ref.  That’s about as big a compliment as you can give.

Just had it confirmed by Statto Phil.  Vale have now beaten all the other 91 teams in league games.  The only team to have done so!

No just feel that if you have 400 people watching it illegally it's a shame for the football clubs ,fair enough if its man Utd Liverpool or a big club where they make that much money anyway but Vale a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Doha said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.d4377488d0a2da5a92f6cf3f823f6e82.gif

That’s an almost identical goal as Eric Lamelas that won goal of the month on motd last night.

• Like 1

Also word on the ref. Obviously a big step being the first woman ref in football league and must’ve been nervous. Easily one of the best referee performances we’ve seen all season. 

• Like 7

Advert:

Great comfortable win. What a crazy transformation from a few weeks ago and what a shame we didn’t have DC a month earlier. Happy for Guthrie he’s struggled but has put effort in and did today as did Robinson. Not sure what their keeper was doing for the 2nd or how it dribbled in but I will take it!! Ref did decent, didn’t really notice her which is always a good sign. Brisley MOTM for me 

Advert:

As an all round effort I think that is the best of all our wins. Had to dig in against a strong wind and a team whose strongest suit is set pieces and second half took advantage but played good football also.

Lovely pass from Theo to set up Worrall. 

Well done to Rebecca Welch today as well. That was a really good job she did certainly in comparison to some of the clowns we’ve had.

• Like 1

That was a pleasure to watch. Front to back we look a completely different team. We absorb pressure with ease and turn possession into attacks quite easily too. 

Robinson looked a different player, chasing balls and contributing all over the pitch rather than just meandering around the opposition box hoping for a ball at his feet.

Glad Guthrie got a goal too. 

• Like 2

Advert:

So much a game of two halves, and this team has got the winning habit now. Ref performed well also. I hope we can at least stay around mid table and use it as a platform for next season. 

• Like 1

I hardly noticed the ref this game and that was a great compliment to how she handled the game as well.  Some of the ref's we have seen would have been blowing all the time but she let the game flow a lot.  Hope she gets more games in the league to officiate.

• Like 2